Comparing SE530 to DT880? Help to choose an IEM
Feb 3, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gkl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will it come bundled with Duke Nukem Forever and Optimus keyboard or something?

If your lucky ... yes.

wink.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #17 of 23
when i use my se530s with the tri-flanges, i get blown away every time (im still in my honeymoon period), the soundstage is massive and the clarity and bass blow you away

I also dont think the treble is weak, it totally changes for my ears when i use different tips.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetiq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i use my se530s with the tri-flanges, i get blown away every time (im still in my honeymoon period), the soundstage is massive and the clarity and bass blow you away

I also dont think the treble is weak, it totally changes for my ears when i use different tips.

Speaking of honeymoons ... and not to get off the ops topic too much ... but I spent 7 hours non stop with my new RS1's last night. Just couldn't take them off! To my ears, they are a bit brighter, bit better but close approximation of my Shures but in a much more spacious sounding package.

At OP: Have you decided on any certain IEM, yet?

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

@TSi

I really want to like UE but, damn, the fit looks extremely bad, like Frankenstein. Flip-flip mod could be an answer but meh

I was actually intimidated by the looks at first, but then after I tried it, I loved it. and then after I did the FS mod, I loved it even more =D

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #20 of 23
I have the DT880 and the E500s. I find myself not using the IEM unless I'm traveling as they're just not as satisfying to listen to vs full sized cans.

Something you might want to consider is an amp. I was skeptical about how much difference an amp would make until actually hearing one. It makes the DT880 sound much better. Listening unamped now makes it sound anemic.

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #21 of 23
@s1rrah

Nothing definite yet, but I'm more and more leaning towards ER4p as it's cheaper and probably with a better (for me) SQ. I just listened to Demon Days by Gorillaz again with DT880 and I just love the details. The cracking cable of Shure is a bit bothering me too.

@Daniel L

I do use an amp, it's in my sig (Cantate).

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

@s1rrah

Nothing definite yet, but I'm more and more leaning towards ER4p as it's cheaper and probably with a better (for me) SQ. I just listened to Demon Days by Gorillaz again with DT880 and I just love the details. The cracking cable of Shure is a bit bothering me too.

@Daniel L

I do use an amp, it's in my sig (Cantate).

Being behind the 8 ball, so to speak on a fairly respectable investment in some SE530's ... I too am quite interested in the cable question.

I'm watching mine on a weekly basis and after a month of constant use (in all types of weather and activity), I've seen no concerning signs.

I'm even pondering periodic and light applications of a quality rubber conditioner to keep it from drying out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back