Compare Sony Cd3000 & Grado RS-1
Apr 10, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #31 of 33
Hi Ross,
Can I ask why you changed your mind about the CD3K? As I recall, it was actually your initial posting about them over at Headwize that first encouraged me to give them a shot. I liked them a LOT and that ultimately led me to the R10, so I owe you a debt of gratitude.

markl

Apr 10, 2002 at 1:10 PM Post #32 of 33
i think he has fallen in love with headroom amps.
then im only guessing the sonys are probably too bright with SS .

I am purchasing alot of his stuff , he is selling tube amp and phones that go with it. imo

one thing that ive noticed around here is that guys that have listened to alot of equipment end up with headroom amps and they love them.

so headroom amps are on my list to listen to.

Apr 10, 2002 at 1:47 PM Post #33 of 33
markl, I like the CD3000s but after a lot of listening I have decided that they are just a bit bright for my tastes. They are clearly very detailed, very smooth, and have a great sense of timing, but the highs were a little too emphasised. I gave a lot of thought to keeping them, but then I realised that since I have 7 or 8 other pairs of headphones - including my Grado HP-2s, the current reference - and these would not get much use, it would be better to let someone else use them.

Ken is also correct, that the CD3000s are perhaps less suited to solid state amps, and I'm also selling my Earmax Pro.

I'm not really critical of the CD3000, I just have other headphones I am likely to use more often.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back