Commodore MP3 Player
Mar 2, 2005 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

D-EJ915

He...or is it she...is a......Headphoneus Supremus
You guys hear about that company buying up the Commodore name and stuff? I just read it in my PC Magazine...those are some SICK people.
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 23
you mean the old video game console commodore???
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 23
What do you mean 'video game console commodore'? These guys were one of the pioneers of home computers sonny! The only game consoles they did were the C64GS and later the CD32. It just breaks my heart to see the Commodore name being thrown around amongst manufacturers these days. Man I feel old.

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 23
I had a Commodore 64 & a Commodore Amiga. Both excellent home computers in their time. I can remember day I upgraded the Amiga RAM to 1mb so that I could play Dragons Lair. Ah those were the days............
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 23
I just pulled mine out and tested it...works just fine
wink.gif

I loaded spy hunter (TAPE DRIVE
eek.gif
) LOLLERS
eggosmile.gif

Played for a few minutes and it was just as enjoyable as the first time...this will keep me away from GT4 for approximately 15 seconds more
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasselhoffia
What do you mean 'video game console commodore'? These guys were one of the pioneers of home computers sonny! The only game consoles they did were the C64GS and later the CD32. It just breaks my heart to see the Commodore name being thrown around amongst manufacturers these days. Man I feel old.

Amen. Go Team 16 Bit Childhood. BTW, both the CDTV and CD32 consoles could be turned into fully-fledged Amigas, quite neat. But those were the days when limitations were pushed away by increasing coding skills, not clock speed like today.

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blainethepain
I had a Commodore 64 & a Commodore Amiga. Both excellent home computers in their time. I can remember day I upgraded the Amiga RAM to 1mb so that I could play Dragons Lair. Ah those were the days............
icon10.gif

And dang, that half meg was expensive! ... Monkey Island II, shipping on twelve 3,5" floppies, but very playable even with just one drive.

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
And dang, that half meg was expensive! ... Monkey Island II, shipping on twelve 3,5" floppies, but very playable even with just one drive.

Yep. I Think I paid £150.00 for it.
eek.gif

Monkey Island II was a top game though. The joys of constant disc swapping.
rolleyes.gif

Does anyone remember a game on the C64 called Alter Ego? I believe it was an activision game & you needed a disc drive to play it.

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

The joys of constant disc swapping.
rolleyes.gif

"Jo, Joe! Turn the disk over!" G.I. Joe
biggrin.gif

Yup, Commodore once ruled - and I still have quite a bit of that stuff. 2 1/2 C64s, a C128, an SX64, several floppy drives, tape drive, joysticks et cetera - and my heavily tuned A2000B with turbo board, AT board, SCSI card, genlock interface or flicker fixer card and lots of switches for Kickstart selection, floppy configuration, memory configuration, audio filter bypass... I don't think I could ever sell that stuff.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #11 of 23
Hehe, I can remember playing terminator 2 judgement day on my C64. It was actually one of only two cartridge games I had for the C64, the other was flimbo's quest, lol. All other games were run through the tape drive. I can remember making my little nephew kiss the tape drive for good luck, it was even fun betting with my brother on whether or not the copy of silkworm would load up! Good old days, man I miss them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Monkey Island II was a top game though. The joys of constant disc swapping.
rolleyes.gif

Oh, MI II was tame in that regard. I once saw somebody play Wing Commander on an A500 (two drives), and he had to swap disks five times before he even go out of the hangar. *That* was nasty.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #15 of 23
Do you remember the C64 game Archon? It was a chess game where you actually have to battle the piece you are trying to take to win the spot. That was the greatest game ever me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back