Comic Con International 2008: Hotel Help
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Philimon

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for advice from anyone who has attended a CCI convention in the past, or lives in San Diego and knows anything about the local hotels.

This will be my first time attending CCI and visiting San Diego. I will be going with my girlfriend and her dad. We are looking for one room with 2 beds. We would like to stay from July 23-27. The CCI official website has (had) a list of hotels it is has special deals with with which also provide a free shuttle bus to and from the convention center. We would really like to stay at one of the dozen or so hotels with the free shuttle bus, but every hotel I have called says they are booked. It is not a surprise to me that these hotels would be booked, but my girlfriend believes that the hotels are in fact not booked already, but are reserved for CCI convention goers who have to book the rooms by going through the CCI people and getting their "special rates."

Comic-Con 2007 :: Hotels

This link used to have the list of hotels I called to try to make reservations with, but they have been removed in the site construction from CCI 2007 to CCI 2008 in just the past month.
I am hoping that all of the hotels I called are being reserved specially for CCI and you have to call CCI hotel hotline (which I can no longer find because of the site construction) and make a deal through them to get to one of these hotels with shuttle service. It is very important that we are able to use the shuttles, because it will be our first time in San Diego and I am assuming driving and parking will be very hectic during these four days of Comic-Con and we would very much like to not have to deal with that stress.

If none of the shuttle service hotels are available, then we would like to stay at a hotel near one of the hotels with free shuttle service that way we could walk there and use their shuttle. And since the link I gave you does no longer have the list of hotels - really then, if so, could someone please confirm my suspicions that these rooms have all been long been booked? And please provide any helpful suggestions...

Thankyou in advance,

Philimon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back