Comfortable ear plugs?
Jan 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scott549

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of any comfortable ear plugs? I mean just ear plugs, not earphones. I occasionally go to loud concerts and it would be nice to have a pair for ear protection. I tried the Etymotic tri-flange ear plugs and found them terribly uncomfortable. I'd rather have my ears ring than use those. I love the Klipsch gels -- too bad they don't make an ear plug version.

Jan 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know of any comfortable ear plugs? I mean just ear plugs, not earphones. I occasionally go to loud concerts and it would be nice to have a pair for ear protection. I tried the Etymotic tri-flange ear plugs and found them terribly uncomfortable. I'd rather have my ears ring than use those. I love the Klipsch gels -- too bad they don't make an ear plug version.

The Klipsch gels fit on the end of the Etymotic earplugs. A dab of glue will ensure they don't pull off in your ears. I used to have a pair that were set up like that (lost them at a NIN show), and they worked quite well.

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Go and buy a custom ear plug. Fits perfectly and blocks out a lot of noise.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go and buy a custom ear plug. Fits perfectly and blocks out a lot of noise.

I didn't recommend customs because they are expensive, and I thought I'd recommend a cheap/free solution first.

But, if you want to spend the money for custom earplugs, AFAIK the ones with the flattest frequency response are the Starkey 15 dB model. They are $130 plus impressions though.

ListenHear - Musicians Filtered Earplugs

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 9
Depends on where you live. Here in France i find it impossible to get decent earplugs and i've done a LOT of different pharmacies looking for some (they are all crappy and overly expensive). When i was living in Canada it was so easy, i should have stocked on those : generic pharmaprix brand (pharmaprix stores, maybe this is only in quebec) orange kind of mushroom shaped earplugs, super comfortable and super isolating.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 9
Hearos, hearos. They're cheap, lots of isolation, they come in a fleshy color and very comfortable for longer periods . If you're dealing with loud concerts and shows on a daily basis. I would recommend getting customs, though.

Also, not to be rude, but I am sure the OP would like it if more of the people responding here. To actually READ the OP before recommending something he/she is NOT wanting.

Jan 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the reponses. I never thought of the idea of putting Klipsch tips on the Ety plugs. Not sure if I even kept those, though. Hearos look like my next best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back