Colour for CIEM?
Mar 22, 2015 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know if anyone can help. I've ordered some CIEMS in light smoke translucent.
I'm worried that they might look a bit medical. Like hearing aids. Anyone got CIEM's in a similar finish. Anyone got an opinion? Much appreciated.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know if anyone can help. I've ordered some CIEMS in light smoke translucent.
I'm worried that they might look a bit medical. Like hearing aids. Anyone got CIEM's in a similar finish. Anyone got an opinion? Much appreciated.

They'll look fricken awesome....

I had a pair of 8A that were light smoke and clear - 

Not sure if that helps - but they looked great. 

My new ones are dark smoke with a wood faceplate - not the same

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Very kind of you to reply Mr Bigun. Thanks for the pics. Dark smoke was my other option but I think they would look black in my ears.
The smoke in your pics looks darker than Nobles. I'll keep faith with my decision and hope for the best. :)

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Very kind of you to reply Mr Bigun. Thanks for the pics. Dark smoke was my other option but I think they would look black in my ears.
The smoke in your pics looks darker than Nobles. I'll keep faith with my decision and hope for the best.
smily_headphones1.gif

The dark smoke is VERY dark on my current 8A, and if I had my druthers, I would have gotten a lighter shade - but as my current pair was bought second hand (and the buggers fit without a reshell) I didn't have the option.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 5
The dark smoke is VERY dark on my current 8A, and if I had my druthers, I would have gotten a lighter shade - but as my current pair was bought second hand (and the buggers fit without a reshell) I didn't have the option.

Pretty amazing that your current pair did not need a reshell. Dark smoke with wood is a classic. As this is your second pair I assume that you really like the sound of the 8AM and I guess ultimately that's what's important right? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back