Colorfly C4 custom stand
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cachex

New Head-Fier
I have been playing around with a new 3D printer and decided to make a custom stand for my Colorfly C4.

As I started designing it and making it real, I continuously found opportunities for improvements, but after the 4th iteration of the "holder" and third of the "base", I decided to stop or else this could go on and on.

Here I am sharing what I have come up with:

I wanted to adhere to the theme of Colorfly's logo, which seems like a coat of arms.

First I started with a basic shape around the coat of arms and a base "finger" to hold the C4 and this is what I came up with:

Just as I saw it complete and holding the C4, I realized I wanted something leaner and more aesthetically pleasing, so I came up with this one.

Again, after an hour of holding it, I got the idea of better adhere to the coat of arms theme by changing the supports in an "X" shape. I then created the base and this is the one I have in my office.

For my home set up, where I have a small Virtue amp, I first though of attaching the holder to the wall, but my wife was against the idea; but as it usually happens in married life, her apparent negative came with a nice positive, because she suggested me to not hide the coat of arms behind the C4 and put it below, so it would always be visible; so I came up with this design, which actually attaches to the top of the amp.

I still have a few ideas for a new one, but if I go on, I will never stop, so I decided to halt it at this point as it is already functional and aesthetic.

What do you guys think?

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 3

I still have a few ideas for a new one, but if I go on, I will never stop, so I decided to halt it at this point as it is already functional and aesthetic.

What do you guys think?

Oh God, this is so beautiful!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back