Colorado 2010 Summer Meet 8/14
Aug 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #91 of 145
Alas dbx gear is as rare as hen's teeth these days.. I'd guess you could find something on ebay if you look long enough. If you still have the LP's though.. is it worth it?

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #92 of 145
The WEE prototype shipped today with some tubes that I bought from Jack.  So we will have it at the meet for sure.  The final version will be at the NC meet on the same day.

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #93 of 145
Grats on the WEE, Larry. How will you be implementing it?

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #94 of 145

Quote:
Grats on the WEE, Larry. How will you be implementing it?

Nuforce CDP-8 > PS Audio PWD > Eddie Current ZDT > 8-watt speaker output > Woo WEE

We're also crossing our fingers that Edwood can send the loaner HE-6 to Asr this week for the meet next weekend.  The HE-6 sounds best with something like a 55 watt receiver, but it's not bad off the 8-watt ZDT 4-pin XLR jack.  Maybe Asr's B22 will drive them better (I'm hoping so since a B22 drove the K1000 better than my ZDT).

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #95 of 145

Quote:
Earwax is technically antibacterial, and antifungal. Just so long as no one has any lumps of it falling out of their ears, ie they actually clean their ears, they can borrow my IEMs.

I know that with my IEMs, after leaving them in for a long time, I pull them out and they're "greasy" (I clean my ears!) so that could be an issue for some people. I could bring a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some cotton swabs to clean the tips, since I only have the one set.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #96 of 145
I think I heard Westone (powderhound?) is coming.. and he usually has a bunch of spare iem tips to use.

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #97 of 145
Revising my gear list as follows (items in bold are new):

System 1: laptop PC > Ayre QB-9 > HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE > Stax OII MKI & SR-X MKIII
System 2: Arcam FMJ CD36 > Nugget Audio B22 & Schiit Asgard > Audio-Technica AD2000, Beyerdynamic T1, HiFiMan HE-6, and Sennheiser HD800

Equipment previously noted that I won't be bringing: Plinius CD-101, SPL Auditor, and HeadAmp Pico Slim & DAC/amp.

I'd like to also note that I'll be powering off the BHSE about an hour before the meet end time, to allow it sufficient time to cool down before repacking it (the PSU in particular gets very hot and takes a long time to cool down).

With the meet coming up next weekend, I'd like to also remind folks to please NOT show up early. The 9:30 start time should not be seen as a strict adherence either - the half-hour until 10 AM should be considered more as pre-setup for folks who'd like to get an early start.

Quote:
I think I heard Westone (powderhound?) is coming.. and he usually has a bunch of spare iem tips to use.

Yes, Doug @ Westone will be at the meet with demos of the ES5 custom IEMs. This info is in post #1 already.

Vendor info in post #1 has also been updated to reflect the demo WEE and HiFiMan HE-6 being provided via Woo Audio and Head-Direct, respectively.

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #98 of 145
I'll be there early with my son because I'm spending Friday night at the hotel.  
tongue_smile.gif

Also, I told Doug @ Westone that I'd loan him my Pico Slim and Protector for the meet.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #99 of 145
Won't be able to make it. The move date was pushed back a few days, so on the 14th I'll be driving to CO instead of living there.

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #100 of 145
Have arranged an 'in holiday' trip to San Diego so I can fly back for the meet in Denver, so the UK will be represented but sadly sans HP Sauce (too little packing time).

Have bagged a new old stock (in box, wrapping, instructions etc.) Stax SR-5 and SRD-6 adaptor, which could make a show, but the Stax gear seems to be well-covered and I'm not going to have a chance to even turn the equipment on beforehand, so not sure it would be best for auditioning etc. No source/DAC/amp either.

Gerard.

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #101 of 145

Have arranged an 'in holiday' trip to San Diego so I can fly back for the meet in Denver, so the UK will be represented but sadly sans HP Sauce (too little packing time).

Have bagged a new old stock (in box, wrapping, instructions etc.) Stax SR-5 and SRD-6 adaptor, which could make a show, but the Stax gear seems to be well-covered and I'm not going to have a chance to even turn the equipment on beforehand, so not sure it would be best for auditioning etc. No source/DAC/amp either.

Gerard.

If you have a laptop with music I can bring a travagans green USB dac/amp to drive your SRD-6/SR-5.

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #103 of 145

Quote:
I haven't been on Head-Fi in a while but I still plan to be there.  I'll be driving down from Montana the night before so I might be a little tired and unprepared. 

When do you get in and where are you staying Friday night?  Maybe we can meet up?

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #104 of 145
Larry, I do have a laptop (Macbook Pro), but it contains only compressed music. I just ordered a couple of albums I could rip lossless (have you heard Regina Spektor - amazing vocalist IMHO), so yeah, let's create another playout station, maybe someone could dump and then remove some lossless tracks for auditioning? Do you (or anyone else coming) happen to have an 3.5mm to mini optical adaptor and cable so I could tap a digital out from the laptop?

On another note, I contacted Centrance about the possibility of loaning a DACport unit for the meet. Centrance are one of *the* authorities on USB audio - I believe their technology was licensed to Benchmark for example, and I think they are happy to get a unit to us (well, you lol). It would be great to listen to this DAC against a couple of other decent models.

I will send you a PM with the guy's contact details and our e-mail exchange. If you are happy to co-ordinate/return, great, if not (I know you are already bringing a lot of stuff), no sweat.

Gerard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back