Colorado 2010 Summer Meet 8/14
May 9, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #16 of 145

Quote:
Hey Steve! 
wave.gif

I'm gonna try to make this one.
thumb.gif

Cool, would be great to see you there Tyll. :) Any interesting equipment you'd be bringing?

Quote:
Ok, thanks. Is the information in your original post still up to date as far as how many people and what kind of gear will be available? What kind of turn out do you anticipate? Only reason I'm asking is cause I live about eight hours away. Would it be worth the drive?

I'll be keeping this thread as up-to-date as possible as often as I'm on Head-Fi, which is usually at least every other day. About 30 people showed up for last year's meet, so I'll be expecting around 20-30 people for this one, though it's possible for more to show up. As for it being worth the drive, well only you can answer that. :wink: If I was in your shoes I'd drive that far, but then again I'm sort of a meet-aholic. I might suggest waiting a while to see how the attendee and equipment list grows and deciding later on whether you want to attend.

May 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #17 of 145

Quote:
Cool, would be great to see you there Tyll. :) Any interesting equipment you'd be bringing?

I'll be on my motorbike, so just a Desktop Portable, a netbook, and HD800s.

That's a lot to carry on a bike, actually.

Looking forward to it, Steve.

May 25, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #18 of 145
Sorry I missed this thread guys.  Steve and I had chatted in PMs about having a meet a while back, and I assumed he'd PM me when a thread was posted, but I should have been checking in here more often to see what's up.  It's my fault for not keeping up in here.  Because of my health, it's not likely that I'll be wanting to take over Steve's job of organizing meets, but I really appreciate all his hard work and maybe someone will step up who can learn from the best.

I'll be there with HeadFanatic (my son).  I expect to bring a Macbook Pro or CD transport, PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Woo WES, Eddie Current ZDT, O2 Mk1, HD800, HE60, HE-5 and HE-5 LE.  I might have an eXStatA there as well. Not sure I want to drag along much more, as this will already be quite a chore to lug around with my poor health.  However, it wont be too hard to have my RSA Protector and Pico Slim with me.  I'm vaguely considering bringing the SAC KH1000 amp and K1000 phone combo, if someone really wants to hear it and asks me to.  My son may want to set up his Macbook with a Nuforce HDP DAC into a Millett SSH/HF-2 or eXStatA/SR-Lambda.

I'm looking forward to hearing a Beyer T1 and Audeze LCD-2 if anyone has those and can bring them.

May 29, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #20 of 145
Oh, I'm definitely coming.  Who knows what I'll bring, but I will at least bring my bubbly personality.  I believe I have the longest running annual meet attendance streak in Colorado, other than maybe Craig, and that is not something I intend to jeopardize.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #21 of 145
I'm thinking I'll come check this out. Stuff I can bring:

Sony SA5000
Shure SRH840
Sennheiser PX100
M^3
NuForce HDP
NuForce uDAC

And I would totally love to hear a Woo 2 or 6 if anyone has those to bring.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #22 of 145
Update: I decided to move the date of the meet to August 14 so Doug @ Westone can attend. He'll be bringing demos of the new ES5 custom IEMs, along with possibly other stuff too. Unfortunately Tyll will not be attending though with the date change.

With the new date we'll also be in the same conference room as last year.

To the people who have already posted in this thread, please confirm if you can make the new 8/14 date. Feel free to send PMs, I won't delete them. :wink:

It's also looking like I may still have my HeadAmp BHSE by the time the meet rolls around, in which case I'll definitely bring it. I'll also have the Beyer T1, and possibly the Audeze LCD-2 also (which I'm planning to buy, hopefully soon), running out of some sort of dynamic amp.

Quote:
boomy3555 said:

Does anyone coming to this meet have a pair of JVC DX1000's or know someone who has a pair that they might lend ? . I really want to hear them but  they are few and far between.

I don't know of anyone in the state who has those headphones, but I do know of others out-of-state. If those Head-Fiers might be willing to loan out their headphones I'll assume all responsibility for them for displaying at the meet and will also offer to cover shipping both ways.

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #23 of 145
As requested I am confirming that I can still make it.  I'm really bummed about Tyll not coming, as I was looking forward to finally getting some time to hang out with him.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #26 of 145
Quote:
As requested I am confirming that I can still make it.  I'm really bummed about Tyll not coming, as I was looking forward to finally getting some time to hang out with him.

A birdie told me recently that there'll be a repeat of "CanJam@RMAF" this year, and another birdie told me that Tyll might be there too, so you might get your chance later.

Quote:
Add me to the list... where and how can I donate money for the meet?

Just bring cash with you and look for me at the meet. I'll be the guy saying hi to just about everyone who shows up.
wink.gif

Quote:
I can make it on 8/14 as well.

Thanks, added you and your gear to the list.

Jun 22, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 145
I will definitely be attending, loved it last year.

I'll probably be bringing:

-DT880/250
-SRH840
-HD414
-SR60
-Super.fi 5vi
-PL50
-SM3
-Headstage Arrow + Cowon J3
-Matrix Mini-i DAC
-Lunchbox Pro (this one is a big maybe, assuming I can find one for sale)
-Bravo Audio amp (if it doesn't crap out before the meet)
...and of course my laptop

My friend Doug (lilkoolaidman) will probably come along too. If he does he will bring:

-AD700
-HD580
-CKS70

If anybody has some e-Q7 it would be nice to hear them as well.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

~Alex

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #28 of 145

Quote:
I will definitely be attending, loved it last year.

I'll probably be bringing:

-DT880/250
-SRH840
-HD414
-SR60
-Super.fi 5vi
-PL50
-SM3
-Headstage Arrow + Cowon J3
-Matrix Mini-i DAC
-Lunchbox Pro (this one is a big maybe, assuming I can find one for sale)
-Bravo Audio amp (if it doesn't crap out before the meet)
...and of course my laptop

My friend Doug (lilkoolaidman) will probably come along too. If he does he will bring:

-AD700
-HD580
-CKS70

If anybody has some e-Q7 it would be nice to hear them as well.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

~Alex

You sure about those? Sounds fun, I'll be there and could bring my HD212s even though they're not my best pair.

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #29 of 145
I'll probably have a Fiio E7 by then as well. They look oh so tempting, hope it's not just FOTM hype.

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #30 of 145

Quote:
You sure about those? Sounds fun, I'll be there and could bring my HD212s even though they're not my best pair.

Yes, I'm sure.

I think it should be safe, Will probably won't show up. xD

As far as the DAC, I don't think my XM5 offers the best sound, plus it's having the same issues as before with the grounding in the volume pot, ergo a new portable amp and dedicated DAC. Hopefully I can get the Lunchbox Pro for it as well; they're pretty hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back