College Football
Nov 9, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #436 of 628
I like Oklahoma's uniforms and hats.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #437 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OSU better watch out this weekend and not look past the Illini to Michigan. The Illini are dangerous, despite what you read in this thread from certain Buckeye faithful.
wink.gif

OSU isn't looking past Illinois. Because of that, Illinois is pretty much screwed.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #438 of 628
Michigan lost... which sets up at least one 3 loss team to potentially go to the Rose Bowl (for the love of Bo, no!)

I do hope UCLA and Auburn win... just to mess with standings.

SC's in town... so i'm gonna be leaving 3 hours before kick off....

Tennessee won... predictable. i don't know why, but i got very annoyed when all those NYT and ESPN dudes said ark would win... Tenn is a good team and Neyland is hard to play in.

Nebraska seems to have exploded today... so i guess all ain't that bad in corn country.

Nov 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #439 of 628
WOW - so much has happened since the outage!

tOSU lost a game, and now could STILL end up in the title game. In fact, I think that the title game will be tOSU and WVA.

WHAT A CRAZY YEAR. A&M beats Texas and Francione is gone anyway...Nebraska puts up 51 on Colorado and LOSES by 2 TD's...Oregon goes from title contender to can't-even-score-on-UCLA without Dixon or Leaf...so many interesting happenings!

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #441 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tOSU lost a game, and now could STILL end up in the title game. In fact, I think that the title game will be tOSU and WVA.

Everything thus far has largely happened in Michigan State's favor, ironically. In the final week of Big Ten play, Michigan Lost (doesn't really affect us but nice anyway), Purdue Lost, Northwestern Lost, Iowa Lost, and we beat Penn State in what I have to say was one of the most thrilling games I've ever seen. The full range of emotions - from complete abandon-all-hope despair to a thrilling comeback to two minutes of raw terror expecting our defense to fail and lose the game - was present.

And with LSU's loss, all we need is a Missouri loss to watch the Big Ten get embarassed in another round of bowl games, with OSU losing the Championship, Michigan losing the Rose Bowl, Wisconsin probably losing, and in all honesty MSU getting its ass kicked in the Alamo bowl if we were sent there. But, hey, I'd get a free plane ride to Texas, so it wouldn't be a total loss.

All I ask for, however, is no Motor City Bowl.

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #442 of 628
I'd be happy if Northwestern could sneak into a bowl, but it doesn't look promising.

Nov 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #443 of 628
It felt dirty and wrong to root for UCLA yesterday. But I'm glad I did; this puts USC right back in the Rose Bowl and a 6th Pac-10 title.

Though with the other losses yesterday, I have no idea who's playing for the BCS title and the other team in the Rose Bowl. I hope it's LSU... I think their fans would sing a different tune after four quarters with USC.

Nov 25, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #445 of 628
Callahan is goooooone!

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #446 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though with the other losses yesterday, I have no idea who's playing for the BCS title and the other team in the Rose Bowl. I hope it's LSU.

There's no way LSU will go to the Rose. To make a BCS bowl, they have to win their CCG which will lead them to the Sugar for the SEC automatic conference BCS bid. If UT wins the SECCCG, they get the automatic and, UGA will get the at large BCS bid. The limit for BC births is two per conferences.

Edit/ Turns out the BCS no longer sets a two team per conference limit. So there is an extremely remote chance LSU could be invited to the Rose bowl.

--

There are four remaining contenders left for the BCS title game and what must happen.

1. WVU - beat Pitt and they're in.
2. Mizzou - beat OU and they're in.
3. tOSU - one of the above two must lose this Saturday.
4. UGA - both the top two must lose.

That's it.

I think the Moutaineers are almost a lock for the title game. As for tOSU fans...welcome to the Sooner nation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #447 of 628
My Swedish-speaking husband giggles like a schoolgirl if Pitt is shown on NASN (the only EU channel carried here that decides to show college games). He laughs so hard he cries, saying "OMG It's even on their helmets! And it's written on the field!"

It means something in Swedish, slang for a male body part that looks similar to a guy wearing a helmet.
wink.gif

True story, swear. It's his favorite team because it's so silly to him.

Then again, I can't get passed "They have 4 chances to gain 10 yards" when teaching the game to him.

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #448 of 628
Unless I am mistaken, there is no chance for Georgia to go to the BCS title game. IIRC, a couple years ago the BCS by-laws were changed to say that if you don't even win your division, you cannot play for the national title.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #449 of 628
I thought the same thing, but it's starting to sound like an urban myth. Nowhere, other than on MB's, have I seen that stipulation reported. CFN, TSN, and CBS have stated that Georgia has a shot at the BCS title game. It's not mentioned on the BCS site....

Can anyone show me proof of such a stipulation? I hope it's true because I totally agree with the premise!

Anyway, I don't think it really matters. WVU should beat Pitt. The real drama will be played out Saturday night in San Antonio as far as the BCS title game is concerned.

--

For what if's sake, I better add that if the top two lose and Georgia is eligible, it still would be murky. I grossly oversimplified that aspect. tOSU would be in, but there could be a heated debate for the second team. In that scenario, OU, WVU, and BC or VT would all be two loss conference champs. One can add USC and LSU if they win. Many voters might feel obligated to keep Georgia out and slide a conference champ into the top two. One can't forget about KU. However they would be in the same boat as UGA - no division or conference crown. On the plus side, they would have only one loss....

Those for BCS chaos, should be yelling Fight Pitt Fight and Boomer Sooner.

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #450 of 628
I certainly think that is Mizzou and WVA both lose, and LSU wins the SEC title game, that it should play tOSU in the BCS title game, not Georgia. LSU's two losses were both in overtime. But why wouldn't one-loss VaTech go instead if they will the ACC?

I also have to say, that if Hawaii beats Washington this week by like 28 points, and LSU, Mizzou, WVA, and VaTech all lose, then I think the Rainbows deserve a shot at the National Title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back