College Football
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #391 of 628
I like Georgia to win the SEC East. They only have two conference games left, both at home (Auburn and UK). Of course, every game in that conference is brutally tough no matter where it is! I think Tennessee loses at arch-rival Kentucky to end the season.

I like LSU over Bama. I agree with randerson3024 on LSU being the best team left, although I still need to keep an open mind about the ASU-Oregon winner. But I see LSU getting one slot in the title game when it is all over.

If Oklahoma can stay awake long enough to get past A&M, I predict they will run the table and get the Big 12's top BCS slot. However, I don't think they can generate enough poll love to move into the title game unless a lot of teams lose games they should have won.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #392 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we will have a strong game against A & M, and don't forget, Oregon plays ASU, so there will be a slot to move up.

I've about given up on the title game. Variables are numerous, and the season grows short. For the big show, OU should of taken care of bizness in Boulder. I would be one happy fan if the season ends in another XII title and BCS bowl win. Here's to hope though. There's still a shot for the big dance.

--

I'm also in the LSU is the best camp. However, tOSU has impressed the hell out of me lately. That's a solid football team. Too bad we might not find out how solid until they play in a bowl game, probably the big show. I'd be surprised if they lose in the regular season.

SC had the game plan to beat Oregon - punch 'em in the mouth and control the ball on offense with the running game. tOSU or LSU would give the Ducks all they can handle and more.

I think ASU matches up well with the Ducks. At home, you have to like Oregon though. What's the latest on Carpenter? Is he going to play?

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #393 of 628
We'll find out tomorrow, he went from brace to tape today so they're expecting him to be ok tomorrow. They're calling him day-to-day. Rudy is a warrior though, I think he'll be ok. Danny Sullivan is his backup and has looked competent when I've seen him this year. ASU is using that same punch you in the mouth philosophy with DE at the helm. I think they will give Oregon all they can handle. This will be a tight one, it'll come down to a key turnover or mistake I bet.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #394 of 628
I hope Carpenter can play so we can see the best team ASU can put out there. It will be tough enough for them on the road.

Ohio State will be thoroughly tested over their last three games. If they make it through that gauntlet, they will have earned a title game shot. I don't think they will, but they have looked good lately I must admit.

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #395 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohio State will be thoroughly tested over their last three games. If they make it through that gauntlet, they will have earned a title game shot. I don't think they will, but they have looked good lately I must admit.

I would hardly consider home games against Wisconsin and Illinois to be significant tests. Wisconsin was a lot better last year and Illinois is no threat (seriously, they lost to Iowa).

Michigan on the road will be a tough one. But Michigan can't the stop the spread. The Bucks will run the table.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #396 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would hardly consider home games against Wisconsin and Illinois to be significant tests. Wisconsin was a lot better last year and Illinois is no threat (seriously, they lost to Iowa).

I'll be here the next two Mondays to check on this.
icon10.gif
This type of thinking by OSU players is exactly what will get them beat.

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #397 of 628
Yeah, while I think OSU will win those games, Wisco and Illinois have proven that it's a really bad idea to look past them.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #398 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be here the next two Mondays to check on this.
icon10.gif
This type of thinking by OSU players is exactly what will get them beat.

Wisconsin's defense is weak. They won't be able to stop OSU. And Illinois is spectacularly overrated.

And besides, after the fiasco against Florida, the Bucks won't be taking anything for granted.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #399 of 628
All that may well be true. And hey, I have been arguing that tOSU is truly the number one team in the land. But they had BETTER remember what happens to them when they take teams lightly. Last year's OSU team just barely beat Illinois, and they were a crap team last year. You just can't let down against these guys.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #400 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Illinois is spectacularly overrated.

Well, I confess to being spectacularly biased. I was born and raised in downstate Illinois and lived for several years in Champaign. BUT THAT ASIDE... How can a team that is only getting 4 votes in the AP poll be overrated?
biggrin.gif

I love this thread.
cool.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #401 of 628
I've enjoyed this thread as well. Everyone has had a take, and so far, we've avoided the pee wee measuring contests that taint many similar general CF Threads. Thanks to this thread, I've followed the Pac closer than ever. Usually, I zone in on the XII, SEC, and Ten.

Spek to Pitchfork Floyd up there. He brings the info. I like that. Have a take, back it up with info, and don't suck.

Brimstone, I'm starting to buzz for Saturday. Want to place a signature bet? I'll lay 24.

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #402 of 628
Same here - you guys are actually fun to talk CFB with, versus some other people I know
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #404 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brimstone, I'm starting to buzz for Saturday. Want to place a signature bet? I'll lay 24.

I'm in! Loser has to prominently display the other team's logo in his sig for a week?

<Orcin searches the Internet for OU logo>

P.S. Saturday's game is Fran's last stand?

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #405 of 628
Sounds good. Hindsight, maybe I shouldn't of gave twenty four. If the players love Fran, they'll give it their all.

So be it. May the best team cover!

Interesting situation for the Saban bowl - Bamar has suspended two starting guards, and Dorsey is a question mark....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back