Coffee-Cables
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Imagine for a moment that you're at the local diner for a cup of coffee. You flip open the menu to discover they offer two types of java at different prices. As a Headfi member who suffers from obsessive/compulsive disorders, you feel duty-bound to investigate these choices.

The waitress informs you that there is regular and premium Valhalla-grade coffee. The regular cup is comprised of 100% ordinary, run of the mill beans. They happily charge you $1 for this product. The waitress suddenly bites her lip to stave off a mirthful outburst of emotion. Once she regains her composure, she proceeds to tell you about the next option.

She states that the premium, Valhalla-grade, steamy java is filled with a rich blend of regular and Hacienda la Esmeralda Geisha beans from Panama. It costs $100. Your tenure as a senior executive of the Bose Marketing department bequeaths a certain sixth sense. You smell bull-**** and demand she produce a stoichiometry equation and percentage figure. She reluctantly does the math on a diner napkin. It shows a compound of 2% Geisha bean and 98% regular bean! The waitress expounds further to mollify your concerns by saying you'll notice a "huge" difference, but you just have to give this premium blend some time to break in.

You ask yourself what would a true Headfier do? The answer becomes clear. You end up buying both cups of java. She pours two cups of coffee from the same pitcher (Grado-style) and brings them out to you. You sample the premium Valhalla by sticking your tongue in the rich concoction, and immediately offer it for resale to the closest customer proclaiming that this stuff is better than sex.
YouTube - Why Valhalla power cable is better than a woman

The diner closes down after one week of selling this premium Valhalla-grade coffee and the owner retires to the Cayman Islands.

~Fin

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 12
uh, so aside from flaming at least one head-fi member, at least two equipment manufacturers, and making a total ass of yourself (because food is entirely unrelated and premium coffee *is* different, the beans are about as important as the grapes to wine, it does matter), what was the point?

basically to espouse that you're the kind of person that thinks Chateau Margaux is a ripoff and we should just go ahead and drink "Premium Selection" cooking wine, after adding a bit of juicy juice to compensate for the salinity? or was there some deeper point?

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 12
Agreed.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 12
it was mildly amusing.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got bored in the middle of the second paragraph of the OP's metaphor and couldn't finish it.

It's not like I'm shooting for a Pulitzer Prize. If you have a problem reading 321 words then I don't know what to tell you.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not like I'm shooting for a Pulitzer Prize. If you have a problem reading 321 words then I don't know what to tell you.

It wasn't the length, but the substance of it. Whatever. Carry on.
wink_face.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 12
What was that video? I hope that was a joke, otherwise it looks like we have another Bundy on our hands

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh, so aside from flaming at least one head-fi member, at least two equipment manufacturers, and making a total ass of yourself (because food is entirely unrelated and premium coffee *is* different, the beans are about as important as the grapes to wine, it does matter), what was the point?

basically to espouse that you're the kind of person that thinks Chateau Margaux is a ripoff and we should just go ahead and drink "Premium Selection" cooking wine, after adding a bit of juicy juice to compensate for the salinity? or was there some deeper point?

OhBob,
Can't you have any fun. If anyone takes this seriously, they're wasting too much of thier life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back