CMoy Rail Splitter confusion
May 9, 2007 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pkshiu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have been planning my first CMoy, studying Tangent's documents, esp. the one on virtual grounding. Now I am completely confused...

- The TLE2426 is suppose to be a "drop in" replacement, which I read meaning instead of the two 4.7k splitter resistors, just put the 2426 in place, 'riding' the +V , -V and ground, which make sense in the simplest case.
- then, the virtual ground article show a schematic that moved the "power cap" (?) to the front for the 2426, but
- later on in the article, it talks in length about the advantages and disadvantages of having two caps on the output side
- I also took a look at the MINT's schematic, which shows only two 330uF caps on the output side of the TLE2426, nothing on the input side

So I guess my question is, for the CMoy, what should I do !?

- Do I need caps on both the input and the output side of the TLE2426?
- Should I also add the filter cap on the NR version of the splitter?
- when using simple passive resistor splits, everyone seems to suggest using larger caps on the output side, 470uF. Do I need the same when using the rail splitter? The MINT uses 330uF.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie (this stuff is definitely FUN)!

P.K.

May 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 5
I am kinda confused too. I designed my CMoy Schematic with the TLE2426CLP. The IN pin connects to V+, the COM pin connects to GND, and the OUT pin connects to V-.

But on Tangents schematic, COM connects to V- and OUT connects to GND.

May 9, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Tangent is correct. The COM pin will kinda throw you, but it analogous to what you might consider ground of the battery... the - terminal. The output is the resulting virtual ground.

May 9, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tangent is correct. The COM pin will kinda throw you, but it analogous to what you might consider ground of the battery... the - terminal. The output is the resulting virtual ground.

The way I try to remember it is that since the rail-splitter's job is "splitting the voltage", the "output" will be the "split/mid point", which is the VG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back