Closed Headphones That Sound Like Grado RS2?
Jun 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #4 of 11
He already tried PRO900.

I am glad that you like RS2. I don't think you can achieve similar sound in any closed phone though.

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, but there are a couple really nice closed headphones that should make you happy. What's your budget?

I don't want to go above $400. I'm considering the ATH ESW9, but if there are others you can recommend I would be grateful!

Jun 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 11
I have the SR225i and the ESW9. I bought the ESW9 as a compliment to the Grado and for the reason you mentioned, noise from my kids. I also find my SR225i fatiguing with some music. I love my ESW9, more than my Grado even. I would not call it similar in sound, at least to the SR225i. Great closed can with all the comments about lush midrange and punchy bass true for me as well. Would recommend highly and find the difference in sound to be a great counterpart to my SR225i. Not sure how that compares to the RS2 though. Hope it helps.

Jun 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the SR225i and the ESW9. I bought the ESW9 as a compliment to the Grado and for the reason you mentioned, noise from my kids. I also find my SR225i fatiguing with some music. I love my ESW9, more than my Grado even. I would not call it similar in sound, at least to the SR225i. Great closed can with all the comments about lush midrange and punchy bass true for me as well. Would recommend highly and find the difference in sound to be a great counterpart to my SR225i. Not sure how that compares to the RS2 though. Hope it helps.

The ESW9s are looking more likely for me. Punchy bass is very important for me...even more so than bass extension. Thanks for the info!

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 11
Amazon has these through Beach Camera for $229 (at least a few months ago). It might be hard to find a place to listen to them before you buy unless you can go to one of these headphone meets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back