Closed Headphones that don't require a good seal
Sep 3, 2016 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there any closed circumaural headphones out there that don't require a perfect seal? I wear glasses, and as such, most closed headphones completely lose their bass response since the frames of my glasses break the seal. In particular, the AKG K550 and B&O H6 are two headphones I own that I can pretty much only listen to if I take my glasses off. It's sort of frustrating; I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for work and my open pairs don't really fit the bill.

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 6
The Audio Technica W5000 doesn't need a good seal to still produce bass. The W1000x/W1000z are probably the same way, they have a similar internal design and driver size.

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Those are great headphones, and I don't doubt your suggestion, but they are a little impractical as a work headphone. I'm thinking sub $500.

The Denon D2000 would be fine if you have the same lack of seal on both ears, the stock pads on those do allow a little bit of breathing. The T70p could be alright as well, they have velour pads so they breathe through that material, the velour could be best for going over the glasses frames.

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 6
  Are there any closed circumaural headphones out there that don't require a perfect seal? I wear glasses, and as such, most closed headphones completely lose their bass response since the frames of my glasses break the seal. In particular, the AKG K550 and B&O H6 are two headphones I own that I can pretty much only listen to if I take my glasses off. It's sort of frustrating; I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for work and my open pairs don't really fit the bill.

KEF M500 work very well with my glasses and are both small enough for work environments are do not leak so do not distract others.  They also sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back