Closed Can Free-For-All (sub $200) for the workplace. Please help me.
Feb 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if the "bass heavy" in your post is supposed to modify both the 80 and the 250 ohm versions, or just the 80 ohm, but for the record, I do not consider the 250 ohm to be bass heavy, although I agree they should be on the OP's list.
smile.gif

so this is the wide sound stage + good bass closed headphones that I am looking for?

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeloxlong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so this is the wide sound stage + good bass closed headphones that I am looking for?

I'm not sure I can go that far, as I've only had the DT 770 PRO/250 for a few days now. In fact, they do have good bass and a decent soundstage for a closed headphone. But they are a little glaring right now. I hope this will improve with time. I just think you ought to put them under consideration is all I was suggesting.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #23 of 30
Do yourself a favor and cross off the HD 280's from the list. They have almost no bass impact and there is no way I would wear those things out in public, they stick way out from the sides of your head, they look ridiculous. Oh yeah and they are terribly uncomfortable. Although I have not heard either of them, I have read great things about the HD 25 II's as well as the Dennon's, and either of them would probably suit your needs.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry very much of the overlooking
smily_headphones1.gif

the HD 25-1 II are an excellent pair of headphones, there is one in the FS section right now.

Grab it before its gone.

I brought the wife's over the ear noise cancelling headphones to work today and it's only been an hour and it's getting a bit uncomfortable. Unfortunately, this isn't going to work although I am still curious regarding the sound quality.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #29 of 30
They sound great. Those ones in the FS were mine. I only got rid of them to help finance some higher end phones.
Can't go wrong with the HD25 I II.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #30 of 30
thank you! can you describe the sound stage in terms of depth and width along with the bass impact?

also, I'm considering the DT 770 or 880. I understand the closed 770s and the semi open 880s have the same driver? It's just the back that's different? Is that really the case? Also being very much a noobie, why is it such a big deal to pay attention to the 80, 250, 600 Ohm versions? Bigger impedance obviously means harder to drive but I have a Mini3 which probably means it probably can't drive the 600 Ohm properly so it's either 80 or 250? Does having the 250 make bass better?

Along the same lines, people mod their 880s with electrical tape? what gives? If it's the same driver, why not just get the 770 in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back