CiFi Cincinnati Meet @ Cincinnati Library-November 28, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 34
I'll try to bring my new Ethers (open) as well as my Oppo HA-2 as my primary source to try everything out.

Is anyone interested in the Mjolnir 2? Just got one (good to see there will be another Lyr there as I just listed mine for sale).  It's huge and since I'm travelling into Cincy to visit family I may not want to lug it.  But if anyone is interested I certainly can

So my updated list, I'll try to bring most of below but please let me know if you want to hear something specific:
Alpha Dogs
Ether (open)
HE-500 stock with Focus Pads
AD2000 drivers in AD500x shell
NAD VISO HP50
MSR7
Oppo HA-2
Mjolnir 2 (?)

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 34
How do meets usually work? This will be my first.  I'm worried I'm not bringing any real sources other than my HA-2 connected to my phone (which of course others can demo the HA-2 as well).

I guess maybe I should bring my whole desktop setup?  Or are sources usually not a problem?

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 34
Hmm I wouldn't worry about your source too much. Meets are there just to listen to others gear and talk about headphones. Extremely casual experience. I'll have my CD player and laptop, if there are any CD's you'd like to bring that'd be great! But seriously, I'd only worry about bringing things you want others to hear. I've also got HD518's but I don't use them anymore and they wouldn't fair too well against all the cans that are gonna be there lol. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #20 of 34
Damn I was hoping to come to the meet but will just be getting back in town from Northern Illinois . I would love to have people hear my Ether-C"s thru my QP1R it is so nice. Maybe next time. I love Cinnci. I worked in the area for years. I was wondering if there would be a meet there. I really hate to miss it. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 34
  Damn I was hoping to come to the meet but will just be getting back in town from Northern Illinois . I would love to have people hear my Ether-C"s thru my QP1R it is so nice. Maybe next time. I love Cinnci. I worked in the area for years. I was wondering if there would be a meet there. I really hate to miss it. 

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say if something changes we hope you can join us. Personally, I'd LOVE to hear that combo! 
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #22 of 34
  I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say if something changes we hope you can join us. Personally, I'd LOVE to hear that combo! 
wink.gif

It's Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law so It won't change. I wish I could be there. I was hoping for a meet in Cinnci as I know the town better than Nashville. The guys in Nashville are a great bunch of guys with great gear though but I need a Gold Star fix or some Empress, Skyline doesn't cut it for me 
wink_face.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #24 of 34
Unfortunately I (and the Ethers) are going to have to retreat back to tentative.  There was a death in the family today on the east coast, and with the timing of the ensuing ceremonies I may not end up going to my parents place in Cincinnati for Thanksgiving.

If I do end up making it back to Cincinnati for that weekend, I will be there. It's just unclear what the timing of everything will be, I'll call it 50/50.

I'm only 2.5 hours away, so even if it's not on a holiday weekend I could likely make a future meet

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #25 of 34
  Unfortunately I (and the Ethers) are going to have to retreat back to tentative.  There was a death in the family today on the east coast, and with the timing of the ensuing ceremonies I may not end up going to my parents place in Cincinnati for Thanksgiving.

If I do end up making it back to Cincinnati for that weekend, I will be there. It's just unclear what the timing of everything will be, I'll call it 50/50.

I'm only 2.5 hours away, so even if it's not on a holiday weekend I could likely make a future meet

Sorry to hear that Pooch. Here's hoping it all works out and you can come.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #26 of 34
Unfortunately travel logistics mean I'm definitely out. Thanks MermaidManfor putting it together and I hope to make a future one. Don't worry, I have no plans to sell the ethers we'll get them on your head eventually.

I look forward to any impressions from the meet, have fun

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 34
MAYBE :wink:

HD580 w/hd600 grills custom SE cable and Dual 3 pin balanced cable

Little dot dac_1
Little dot MK V

Schiit Vali
Svhiit Modi

Laptop 

Some CDs I am sure not to many would be interested in. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #29 of 34
@lord_tris we've met before, I've been to the Delaware library meet and the meet at your house. I loved you speaker setup! Also if you can make it, the CD's will be much appreciated, as I have a NAD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back