CIEMs, "budget" pricing, desired sound sig
Feb 17, 2018 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ksweene5

100+ Head-Fier
Hi HF,

Instead of beating around the bush, buying iems I wish were customs, I think I'll stretch my budget and do things right.

Sound sig stuff looking for is balanced, with maybe a slight emphasis on lows. I listen to classic rock, acoustic music, indie, and modern pop (sometimes). If I wanted to be under or very near $1k what are my best options? The better value the better for me, $1k is stretching a little.
On a related note, what differences would I likely realize between customs in that range vs universal's in that range?
My ears seem receptive to universal fits. I've had UEs, Etymotic, MeeAudio pinnacles, and Senns that all fit really well. My ears seem receptive to the universal shapes, I've never noticed a bad fit.

Feb 18, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 8
1964 A4/A6

Feb 18, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 8
FIBAE 2/3 , Prelude , new EE models (the relatively cheap ones)

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 8
Emphasis on lows, go with FIBAE2.

What’s your dap/gear?

Maybe worth waiting to see what announcements CA have over their new Fibae model? Supposed to be more on the bass side. They usually run a preorder discount for new releases as well.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 8
Maybe worth waiting to see what announcements CA have over their new Fibae model? Supposed to be more on the bass side. They usually run a preorder discount for new releases as well.
Oops yup i agree.. CA’ll announce new FIBAE model that focused on bass side.

Thanks for the rec's everyone.

My equipment includes-
LG V30 (ess dac, serves as my DAP)
Ray Samuels Audio - the predator
A Schiit stack
Then I’ll wholeheartedly recommend FIBAE lineup. They’re source agnostic, their sound signature/FR won’t get shifted across your sources. You’ll appreciate this tech, I know I do.

And i believe You’ll hard pressed comparing CA vs other CIEM maker in terms of price/performance ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back