Christmas 2012: So, what did you get or give?
Dec 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Magick Man

Daddy Warbucks
Okay spill it, what did Santa bring you, and/or what did you give someone else? Post what it was, with pics if you have them.

One thing I got was a new watch from my little girl (she's 10 months old):

TAG Carrera MP4-12C. I'm still trying to figure out how she ordered it. :wink: Also, it's not genuine, but it's very well made. Looks, runs, functions, and feels like the real thing, even down to the authentic sapphire crystal. Remarkable, and a little scary. The cat doesn't get out of the bag until you see the box and the back; the box being too plain and the back being stainless instead of titanium. I asked my wife, "you know that's a replica, right?" and she said, "I assumed so when it was only 1/14th of the MSRP." LOL! :D

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Nothing because 1. my family stopped X-Mas and 2. my birthday is on the 29th of December so I get combined gifts. Not quite the holly jolly post...

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 9
Seems everyone was on the naughty list, darn.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 9
A fair bit since I dont celebrate Christmas.

My portable rig was finally completed on the 24th as I received my JH16 with Whiplash Twag to go with an iBasso PB2/DB2 combo.

Ordered a Stax SRS-002 off ebay as no one else seems to have it at the moment.

Finally these beauties, to be paired with a Rotel RB1510 or a vintage Sansui. Delivery in February 2013.

http://liquidbase.com.au/liquidbase_gallery.php

Oh and a mint, still in box Sony MZ-NH900 Hi-MD player.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #6 of 9
- Kevin Mitnick's autobiography
- "Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page"
- "The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs" (wonder when they'll realize I don't like him)
- perfumes
- a big wooden sign (think about the old signs you might see in movies, like a bar/pub sign in size) saying "Always look on the bright side of life"

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 9
$750 bucks ($300 of which has been invested in vinyl bonds)
Moody Blues LP
Traffic LP

That's about it. Great Christmas, I'd say.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 9
So, my watch in the OP has already died. LOL! The dude my wife got it from is giving us a replacement. Moral: you get what you pay for. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back