Chord Mojo or Ifi Micro iDSD for use with HP's
May 30, 2023 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

networkn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

I recently bought the Hifiman Arya which I love. I also own HD650's and HD800's.

Usually, I operate those with a Topping A90 and BiFrost with USB Upgrade, but since the Arya's are new and I am travelling the next few weeks, I thought I'd take them with me.

I own both the Chord Mojo (1) and the Ifi Micro IDSD. I was intending to use my Galaxy S23 Ultra as a source.

Problem is I don't have suitable cables to connect my USB-C phone to my Chord Mojo (Micro USB Input) or the iDSD which uses a Female USB A.

I managed to cobble together with adapters I had, the MicroUSB to USB C, but no sound, I assume it might need to be a OTG wired connection?

I also managed to get together a USB C to Female USB A and did get sound, though only one channel.

I have 2 basic questions:

Given the headphones I have, and assuming I only keep the Chord Mojo OR the Micro iDSD, which should I keep to
better drive my HP's.

Secondly what exact cables do I need to connect my phone to these devices?

Lastly, could I find anything for similar money to what I'd sell both of these devices, with the minimal extra spend, to upgrade to a portable DAC/AMP which will drive my headphones that has USB-C natively

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back