Chord Mojo battery?
Nov 16, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 22
thanks for the info as im experiencing something similar, i think i bought my mojo back in 2018 but i havent used it much maybe 4 full months during the whole 3 years i owned it. I have nevern been using it constantly but since Apple music now includes the hifi loseless and moved from Android to iphone, i wanted to use it again. I charged it up fully yesterday, used it in the afternoon as i switched it off, the battery indicator was still green. Today, i switched it on and the battery indicator is RED, how the F does that happen??im lost of what to do next?the link you sent, sadly, dont deliver to my country and i dont want to mess up with the mojo internals

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 22
You could send it to Chord, they can replace your battery.

You could also check if there Chord service wherever you are.

As for the cost, i don't know. But there are people sending their gear to Chord services and everything is OK.

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #19 of 22
thanks for the info as im experiencing something similar, i think i bought my mojo back in 2018 but i havent used it much maybe 4 full months during the whole 3 years i owned it. I have nevern been using it constantly but since Apple music now includes the hifi loseless and moved from Android to iphone, i wanted to use it again. I charged it up fully yesterday, used it in the afternoon as i switched it off, the battery indicator was still green. Today, i switched it on and the battery indicator is RED, how the F does that happen??im lost of what to do next?the link you sent, sadly, dont deliver to my country and i dont want to mess up with the mojo internals
If you need your Mojo to just work, there is the other battery i reviewed as well. 'The small' 1500mAh - check if you can order it to where you are.

Mojo works 5h with it and charge is 4h, so is not a good tradeoff. But for Mojo just working, yes is fine. No performance drops as well.

For sure there are other batteries for Mojo around in AliExpress, but these are the two i tried.

May 1, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 22
May 9, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #21 of 22
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #22 of 22
Hello All,

Encouraged by the positive experiences posted here, I've thought I'll workaround the corporal ripoff network too and ordered an EasyLander 2500mAh battery for the Mojo from AliExpress ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002524097664.html ).

Everything went smoothly, 1 month later i happily received the battery for around 15€ shipped to Austria.

After replacing it - full of hope and excitement - i was frankly disappointed by how much the sound has worsened compared to using the weary (but still good for ~4 hours) original battery. I could not believe that nobody noticed the difference before. My subjective findings:

Overall definition and dimensionality degraded into a bit fuzzy and more distant presentation. The background became less 'black', dynamics (micro/macro) dropped significantly ('prat' / slam / body disappeared). The oh-so-famous 'timing' or 'coherence' was also lost. The precise transient edges became worst than those of a quality on-board soundcard. The end result is a flat, chaos-like, uninvolving sound. The Mojo has lost its mojo. (Long live Austin Powers :nerd: .) I gave it a 2nd chance, charged it full but the sound remained the same. It lasted 7.5 hours on USB input which i consider good (enough).

To my horror removing the EasyLander's connector from the socket seemed impossible, but eventually somehow managed it with the main board still in one piece.

I remember reading about the importance of power supply here and there, and did some googling on the differences of Li-Ion and Li-Po batteries. (Although the specifications on Ali state the EasyLander to be Li-Po, i believe it's a Li-Ion, given the low price. Li-Po is significantly more expensive to manufacture.) It turns out that Li-Po is bettered in everything by Li-Ion but peak performance (voltage drop under load, fast reaction, max instantaneous current delivery), which can well account for the differences.

As I realized i can't live with it like this, i ordered an original replacement battery from the authorized Chord service in Germany, and bam!, my loved Mojo was back. This made me 90€ lighter, 60 for the battery, 30 for the postage (the guys in the Chord service can only post it as a DHL packet if one wants tracking & insurance, phew). The original battery i received is 8 years old, but so far works as expected. The test to see how long does it last is in progress as i write.

To be fair, I use the Mojo as a DAC connected to a HK680 amp which drives Mission 767s, so my bad experience with the EasyLander could be easily caused by the 22KOhm input impedance of the amp compared to a couple hundred Ohms headphones' impedance. Since i rarely use it with cans, i haven't done any tests with them.

Of course, no offense is intended in any way against anyone. This is a subjective experience which i thought is worth to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back