Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 11, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #4,621 of 10,857
Jun 11, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #4,623 of 10,857
The difference from Apple dongle should be night and day, much better detail especially in the bass/midbass, much better dynamics
and imaging/depth, to mention a few...if this isn't obvious after a couple weeks of listening,
make sure that your setup isn't compromised by the cable...I used the stock for a long time with M1
and upgrading to one made for sound quality, along with a Jitterbug made all the difference for me, YMMV.

Again, give it a couple weeks of listening at least as the brain can take a while to appreciate the new information.

...of course in terms of bang for the buck the Apple dongle is fantastic!
Any different subject other than mentioning your cables you have? Are you adverise for Audioquest and Curios cable ?

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #4,624 of 10,857
Can anyone tell me how loud am I listening to, depending from the color of the volume button on the Mojo 2? How many decibels? How can I calculate that?

Jun 11, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #4,626 of 10,857
Thanks, but that chart has negative values. I am asking, how can I calculate how loud I'm listening to, according to the decibel scale

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #4,629 of 10,857
Got the mojo 2 yesterday, (Richer Sounds Hull) and would like to ask those with more experience with it, is there a burning in period.?. Thanks...........

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #4,630 of 10,857
Got the mojo 2 yesterday, (Richer Sounds Hull) and would like to ask those with more experience with it, is there a burning in period.?. Thanks...........
I asked the same question a few pages ago (page 307, post 4602), but got no answer. I'd like to know also, currently i'm 32 hours in listening to the Mojo 2.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #4,632 of 10,857

So called burn in on electronic equipment is a fallacy.

The only time I used burn in was in component testing using elevated voltage and perhaps temperature to induce a stress test of critical electronic components before commissioning a design (In a past life I designed power transmissions).

Your ears and auditory response is the only variable when “experiencing/believing in burn in”, anything else you experience is foo.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #4,633 of 10,857

Hi, it is very interesting, but I am very confused on how to calculate the actual dB SPL by the IEMs at a given volume color.

For example, I use the shures se846. According to one source in internet, their sensitivity is 135.54 dB/V SPL; according to the manufacturer webpage, it is 114 dB SPL/mW at 1kHz.

Given that information, how do I calculate the dB SPL at for example, a volume equal to the "blue blue" volume controls (at 1kHz)?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #4,634 of 10,857
Here are the replies I got, so far, from Chord Support, in regards to my question: How loud am I listening to my music?

...this depends entirely on the sensitivity of the device being driven and, to further muddy the waters, whether the actual sensitivity of the device matches the claimed sensitivity. It is highly unlikely, short of measuring on a jig, you will get an accurate number.

After asking the formula to calculate it myself, and also about the relevance of that chart, they said:

The chart isn't irrelevant but it's not enough information. There is a formula but it needs the specific sensitivity of the connected device to be calculated. Then as noted, that claimed figure often doesn't have any bearing on reality. My home speakers have a claimed sensitivity of 88dB for one watt RMS input. However, they do not on their best day get anywhere near that figure so an on paper calculation would be wrong at every volume increment.

I will ask for the mathematical formula again.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #4,635 of 10,857
Hi, it is very interesting, but I am very confused on how to calculate the actual dB SPL by the IEMs at a given volume color.

For example, I use the shures se846. According to one source in internet, their sensitivity is 135.54 dB/V SPL; according to the manufacturer webpage, it is 114 dB SPL/mW at 1kHz.

Given that information, how do I calculate the dB SPL at for example, a volume equal to the "blue blue" volume controls (at 1kHz)?

Many thanks in advance for the help.
It's not that easy, my friend.
There're too much factors and variable in the equation, at least your own anatomy. :wink:

Pick your poison
List of calculators

:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back