Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 17, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #2,701 of 10,858
Doesn’t give me much confidence about the MicroUSB ports - the only part of my OG mojo that broke over the years.

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #2,704 of 10,858
Feb 17, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #2,705 of 10,858
Sony WM1A/Z

I’m wondering how the DSP on the mojo 2 compares to what is possible with DSP on the Sony daps?

I understand that it is done differently on the mojo, I guess I’m just wondering if you can do something similar on the Sony’s? Or are the Sony DSPs crappy like a lot of other players?

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #2,706 of 10,858
Any new Mojo2 owners with LCD-X? Very curious whether the mid/upper-mid range EQ adjustments help with the notorious 4kHz dip in frequency response to improve the vocal and spatial cue aspects. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #2,708 of 10,858
Sony WM1A/Z

I’m wondering how the DSP on the mojo 2 compares to what is possible with DSP on the Sony daps?

I understand that it is done differently on the mojo, I guess I’m just wondering if you can do something similar on the Sony’s? Or are the Sony DSPs crappy like a lot of other players?
I've got an NW-ZX507 and find the EQ quite useful, and I don't find that it degrades audio quality noticeably. It's a graphic equaliser, so it isn't as flexible as a parametric equaliser, but sometimes I feel that the amount of flexibility that parametric EQs give you can also be their downfall, especially when you try to get too fancy and start using higher q values. The biggest issue with the 507 is that it resamples everything when you use streaming services, but that isn't an issue with the WM1A as it doesn't support sacrilegious things like streaming.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #2,709 of 10,858
Does anyone know how to purchase a good-quality USB cable for the Mojo?
I don't have the stock cable and I get differences in SQ with various USB cables I try.
Thanx
It’s a portable dac just get something from Amazon. Better use optical or poly if sound quality is the main focus.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #2,710 of 10,858
Does anyone know how to purchase a good-quality USB cable for the Mojo?
I don't have the stock cable and I get differences in SQ with various USB cables I try.
Thanx

Well you can certainly take the expensive audiophile route, but I ordered two of these – one for the desktop and one for on the go: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B07FMVF21R/ Waiting for the package to arrive early next week.

Not that many reviews, but all very positive and someone even mentioned getting those for their Mojo. And they seem really well made & shielded compared to the usual thin wires – and if you ask me, that's about the only thing that matters with digital cables. (I'm sure those who pay the extra for the audiophile USB-cables will soon come here to tell you otherwise 😉)

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #2,711 of 10,858
Any new Mojo2 owners with LCD-X? Very curious whether the mid/upper-mid range EQ adjustments help with the notorious 4kHz dip in frequency response to improve the vocal and spatial cue aspects. Thanks!
I have a mojo 2 and 2021 LCD-X. I haven't been able to address the 4K dip with the mojo's EQ adjustments. You can add one or two dB to the 3K shelf and then cut a couple of dB with the 20K peak filter, but that's the closest I have been able to get and I prefer to just leave it alone.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #2,713 of 10,858
Mine is also like this. My mojo OG is much better sealed.

Mine is also like this. My mojo OG is much better sealed.
20220217_130805.jpg

in your case it looks for sure like the gap is too large, heres mine for comparison, its a very slim gap, so much so i have to tilt it at a very specific angle to catch any light bleeding. id for sure ask for a replacement because although the mojo is ofcourse not water resistant in any way a gap like that will only make the risk even higher. some of the other pictures on here of others id say look normal though, im willing to bet everyone can hold their mojo 2 at a specific angle and catch some light bleed through that gap.
mojo no light.jpg
mojo light.jpg

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #2,714 of 10,858
get a replacement Unit. Mojo OG never had such issue.
I just checked mine, and if I adjust the unit in my hand to various angles I can just about see a very thin blue light coming through the miniscule gap. In short I wouldn't know it existed unless I had seen the post of the faulty unit. Seems like the poster definitely has a faulty unit which needs replaced.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #2,715 of 10,858
I have a mojo 2 and 2021 LCD-X. I haven't been able to address the 4K dip with the mojo's EQ adjustments. You can add one or two dB to the 3K shelf and then cut a couple of dB with the 20K peak filter, but that's the closest I have been able to get and I prefer to just leave it alone.
This is what I was a bit afraid of, as I have a 2020 LCD-X, with the more pronounced dip in 4kHz. I'm still going to give the Mojo2 a try to see if its strengths can override the inability to accurately EQ that dip, but that's a bit unfortunate to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back