Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #30,676 of 42,765
Another member let me borrow his Raspberry Pi 2 (and some other equipment) for awhile in order to get my first taste of a network player. Technically, I didn't even use it as a network player; I put the files on a USB flash drive connected to the Pi and only used its local wireless network to control the Volumio interface via web browser. And of course, I connected the Mojo to the Pi instead of my laptop. It sounded a little better, but not enough of an improvement for me to buy it for myself. So I'll stick with my original plan of not bothering with a serious network player and the like until after upgrading to more important gear.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #30,678 of 42,765
If your iPad is not cellular (wifi only) you would not have a problem. Or you could put your phone on airplane mode. Depends how you or want to use it.

I have my Mojo stacked with my iPhone using the chord add on block with the Apple camera adapter plugged into it. I have not had any interference at all but if I do I assume I can just put my phone in airplane mode. When I put my phone in Airplane mode it turns off wifi. I just need to click wifi back on. I can then stream using Tidal with no issues. So convenient to stack them that way.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #30,679 of 42,765
Reporting that my Anker charger makes no noise on the Mojo. It's a (27W) Port-Port 4 Lite. Model: A2042. (No hissing or whining, as it is with my other non-branded charger.) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXXOQTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However I think it was established. This is because my Mojo is in the serial number where hissing isn't as likely. Serial number 40,000 - ish.

I was just checking however. If the Anker had caused hissing then it could have meant my other charger was a solution to share. (Sorry folks it was not a result.)

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #30,680 of 42,765
Stacking kit for the X5iii shown with the Mojo:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot/3390#post_13297874

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #30,681 of 42,765
  Reporting that my Anker charger makes no noise on the Mojo. It's a (27W) Port-Port 4 Lite. Model: A2042. (No hissing or whining, as it is with my other non-branded charger.) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXXOQTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However I think it was established. This is because my Mojo is in the serial number where hissing isn't as likely. Serial number 40,000 - ish.

I was just checking however. If the Anker had caused hissing then it could have meant my other charger was a solution to share. (Sorry folks it was not a result.)

Interesting, my Mojo's serial number is in the 29,xxx range and hisses/buzzes like theres no tomorrow when turned off and charging. Once turned on, it stops hissing, but there are many times that I leave it off and it becomes increasingly annoying (having to unplug the charging cable physically to eliminate it). I've tried quite a few different chargers (iphone, ipad charger etc.) and even a powerbank battery with no luck in eliminating the noise.

The worst part is that the Mojo transmits a strong hiss through my stereo amplifier (and to my speakers) when switched off and charging. It seems to penetrate all the five different inputs on my amp as well...... Arguably, it could be said that the Mojo is not designed for desktop usage being plugged into a charger all the time, but surely this usage scenario would have been tested somewhat.
confused_face.gif

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #30,682 of 42,765
Interesting, my Mojo's serial number is in the 29,xxx range and hisses like theres no tomorrow when turned off and charging. Once turned on, it stops hissing, but there are many times that I leave it off and it becomes increasingly annoying (having to unplug the charging cable physically to eliminate it). I've tried quite a few different chargers (iphone, ipad charger etc.) and even a powerbank battery with no luck in eliminating the noise.

The worst part is that the Mojo transmits a strong hiss through my stereo amplifier (and to my speakers) when switched off and charging. It seems to penetrate all the five different inputs on my amp as well...... Arguably, it could be said that the Mojo is not designed for desktop usage being plugged into a charger all the time, but surely this usage scenario would have been tested somewhat. :confused_face:  

Maybe you have a defective unit or haven't found a suitable charger. My Mojo is always charging and doesn't hiss at all.

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #30,683 of 42,765
Maybe you have a defective unit or haven't found a suitable charger. My Mojo is always charging and doesn't hiss at all.

Quite possibly. May I ask your serial number range?

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #30,684 of 42,765
Late to the game, but loving the sound of the Mojo. I received mine last Friday, spent the weekend listening, researching, and learning more and more about the Mojo, and really enjoying the experience. Even started reading this thread from the beginning.
basshead.gif
  Don't know if I'll keep that up or just turn to the "FAQ in 3rd post! (been there too). Lots of activity way back on March 15, 2015...

Feb 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #30,685 of 42,765
I know some of you, like me, are interested in the Hugo 2. Well, now it's available for preorder at Moon Audio for a lower price than I expected!

https://www.moon-audio.com/chord-hugo-2-usb-dac-headphone-amp.html

I'm curious whether I'd still use the Mojo after upgrading.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #30,686 of 42,765
Feb 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #30,687 of 42,765
Mojo seems to be infinitely more portable. I suspect for many it will still have a good role as a truly portable unit.

Yep. If my lifestyle changes and I start listening to music away from home, the Mojo would retain relevance.

...And who knows...perhaps I could end up preferring the Mojo for some music regardless.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #30,688 of 42,765
Mojo seems to be infinitely more portable. I suspect for many it will still have a good role as a truly portable unit.

I'm preordering a Hugo 2 (via a group buy), but for my home 2 channel setup.  I plan on continuing to use my Mojo for portable and office use.  Eventually when the whole Davina/digital amp landscape comes to fruition, I'll make the call on whether to keep the Hugo 2 as part of the 2 channel chain, or update my portable/office setup, but it will be hard to beat the Mojo for true portable use.

As always, these are remarkably top shelf problems.  We're living in an age of miracles and wonders.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #30,689 of 42,765

I'm preordering a Hugo 2 (via a group buy), but for my home 2 channel setup.  I plan on continuing to use my Mojo for portable and office use.  Eventually when the whole Davina/digital amp landscape comes to fruition, I'll make the call on whether to keep the Hugo 2 as part of the 2 channel chain, or update my portable/office setup, but it will be hard to beat the Mojo for true portable use.

As always, these are remarkably top shelf problems.  We're living in an age of miracles and wonders.

great post. 

like others, I considered selling Mojo to help $ Hugo 2, but I may not...I will wait to see how 'portable' Hugo 2 is for me, personally.  (This may change more so if we Hugo 2 gets his own Poly device).  

My concern about keeping Mojo is becoming so accustomed to Hugo 2 quality, that it spoils Mojo.   I don't know if the difference is this great or not, however.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back