Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 2, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #12,272 of 42,782
I went to a local audio shop and demoed Mojo today. I expected big things...and heard big things. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #12,274 of 42,782
  Did you have a little bit of mojo on your way home?

I would have bought a Mojo today at the current USD price. In Australia Mojo is $899 AUD so a little more thought is involved as its quite a bit more, I was impressed though. It scaled up a pair of Fidue A83 I took with me extremely well! 

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #12,275 of 42,782
I would suggest to try Fiona joy signature solos. this is one of the best piano recording I have come across in recent times. it was recorded on a 2 inch tape ( if i remember correctly ) then transferred to dsd128. I have also tested mojo extensively with fiio x3 , Android and Windows. in all cases a short cable was used. I found mojo using asio with foobar to be best. this combo had the best sound with slightly more open sound. fiio route while very clean but had a mind of slow sounding effect. but the difference is so less that I won't mind using fiio combo all the time due to ease of use. Android is somewhere in between the two. Android can play dsd256 theoretically but it will depend upon the processing power of the phone. Windows tab plays upto dsd256 easily in foobar. jriver did not recognize dsd256 in my case. I tried high resolution pcm too and mojo did the magic with all of them. so far my best investment ever in any gear or gadget I have bought in my life time, it is so good a product. I believe many website or even members of this group won't easily admit that this product beats many much more expensive DACs for depth, imaging and realism simply due to the fact that it may affect the interest of many others . that's why I asked yggy vs mojo. kind of depth, timing and realism mojo provides is difficult with any other technology as chord has explained .

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #12,276 of 42,782
Well i will share an small observation:

I received a Micro USB to Micro USB OTG cable for my Mojo yesterday.
Previously i was using Monoprice Micro USB cable with ferrite core + one cheap OTG cable with my mobile Oneplus One.

And the observation is "The sound quality is more refined and with more clarity when i am using Micro USB + OTG Cable".
Even i don't want to believe this but its a fact. I am loosing some of High+Mid frequency when i am using Micro USB to Micro USB cable.

Damn even though the Source is sending same number of 0,1 in binary format, i don't know why it's happening :frowning2:
I have to go back to my engineering days again :) 

Please share your comments or suggestions, thanks.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #12,278 of 42,782
  I went to a local audio shop and demoed Mojo today. I expected big things...and heard big things. 
biggrin.gif

I would have bought a Mojo today at the current USD price. In Australia Mojo is $899 AUD so a little more thought is involved as its quite a bit more, I was impressed though. It scaled up a pair of Fidue A83 I took with me extremely well! 

Oh oh.

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #12,279 of 42,782

Oh oh.

Wayne, you need one of these in your life for two reasons:

1) The sound and value (at USD price)
2) When bored you can spin the little volume/power balls around with your fingers

(Yes, the little balls on the unit spin around)

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #12,280 of 42,782
Proud new owner of a Mojo. Sweet Christmas this thing sounds wonderful. Buttery smooth. Not enough superlatives exist. I'm floored.

(can I stop buying gear now?)

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #12,285 of 42,782
The Mojo gets so hot I think I'd rather go commando for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back