Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,661 of 42,782
Question to all Mojo user, does anyone of you ever faced my problem I have: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/3480#post_12044276 ?

I will contact Chord support tomorrow, I only found a E-mail address from Chord, I guess no support portal or something is available yes? I'm really confused, since it works (sounds) fantastic after a while but at the beginning I have this issues :frowning2:

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #3,662 of 42,782
  Question to all Mojo user, does anyone of you ever faced my problem I have: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/3480#post_12044276 ?

I will contact Chord support tomorrow, I only found a E-mail address from Chord, I guess no support portal or something is available yes? I'm really confused, since it works (sounds) fantastic after a while but at the beginning I have this issues :frowning2:

h1f1... if ever you get a problem with a Chord product please contact the Dealer/Vendor in the first instance where you purchased the item, they will be able to advise you what to do and send you a replacement... if you get no satisfaction from your Dealer/Vendor feel free to send me message and I'll action things for you, hth. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #3,663 of 42,782
  Question to all Mojo user, does anyone of you ever faced my problem I have:

Guys I really think I have a defect unit... after few days using the Mojo I got some really weird/odd buzzing and hissing even if no charger, no source and no headphone are attached the sound comes from the device itself.

The strange part is if i press a while the volume buttons the buzzing and hissing disappears for while and than it comes up again. And after around 3-4 minutes the buzzing and hissing is completely gone.

Always if I do a "cold" power on of the Mojo this buzzing and hissing comes up. I will send it back to the local Chord dealer, but I'm not happy to wait for a replacement again few weeks, because this little dac/amp is really great sounding if this strange buzzing and hissing is gone.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/3285#post_12039688

I have never heard any hissing and even used my stethoscope. I have read of a few that did and from what I read, they were exchanged. 

The unit is faulty please return it to your retailer. John F this issue with very occasional units has been corrected for in production but there might be and of one from an early production batch.

In short, it's a pity that it's a bit inconvenient for you, but don't worry - Chord will be happy to rectify the issue for you (but please approach the dealer you purchased from)
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #3,665 of 42,782
Good news for the 2nd batch Mojo from Moon Audio.
I just talked on the phone with Drew and he said he is on the way home from NY to pick up some Mojos. When he got home he will go over with the 2nd batch list then send out the shipping notifications today.

Isn't Moon Audio based in North Carolina?  Driving from North Carolina to New York to pick up a shipment?  That's what I would call commitment.  I'm impressed!

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #3,666 of 42,782
I've been following this thread from the early days and am curious where I fit in on the audiophile Scale. There has been a lot of debate over the use of dedicated dap vs phone. I have purchased a 128gb iPod touch for the sole purpose of storing music, including offline streamed content from Tidal. I listen through the mojo of course, with oppo pm3.
Would the aficionados on headfi regard the iPod touch as a dap or a 'phone that doesn't call'
I know that this question is a bit pointless because I am very happy with the resulting sound quality but reading the viewpoints of some folks makes me wonder if this makes me a 'target' mojo customer or audio caveman (or whatever term one wants to use for a non-audiophile)

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #3,667 of 42,782
Guys I really think I have a defect unit... after few days using the Mojo I got some really weird/odd buzzing and hissing even if no charger, no source and no headphone are attached the sound comes from the device itself.

The strange part is if i press a while the volume buttons the buzzing and hissing disappears for while and than it comes up again. And after around 3-4 minutes the buzzing and hissing is completely gone.

Always if I do a "cold" power on of the Mojo this buzzing and hissing comes up. I will send it back to the local Chord dealer, but I'm not happy to wait for a replacement again few weeks, because this little dac/amp is really great sounding if this strange buzzing and hissing is gone.
Please return the unit to your retailer and it will be replaced. We have had a very small number of units with this same problem from early batch production units, subsequent production units do not experience this issue.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #3,668 of 42,782
I've been following this thread from the early days and am curious where I fit in on the audiophile Scale. There has been a lot of debate over the use of dedicated dap vs phone. I have purchased a 128gb iPod touch for the sole purpose of storing music, including offline streamed content from Tidal. I listen through the mojo of course, with oppo pm3.
Would the aficionados on headfi regard the iPod touch as a dap or a 'phone that doesn't call'
I know that this question is a bit pointless because I am very happy with the resulting sound quality but reading the viewpoints of some folks makes me wonder if this makes me a 'target' mojo customer or audio caveman (or whatever term one wants to use for a non-audiophile)

The iPod Touch sounds very decent on its own and the Mojo takes it to a higher level. Doesn't really matter which category you or the iPod fall under providing you're happy with the sound you're getting.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #3,669 of 42,782

In this instance it is a DAP. As a fellow iPod Touch--> Mojo owner, with the Mojo doing all the musical work all anyone is using their DAP for is a digital storage device. If 128GB of storage is enough, as it is for me, the iPod Touch functions exactly like an AK DAP connected to the Mojo so therefore it is a DAP.

Also, if you want to play high resolution music the Onkyo HF player (download it from the App Store) works seamlessly with the Mojo and is specifically referenced in the Mojo manual.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #3,670 of 42,782
I just found my old Sony MDR-CD780 Headphones at my parents basement and plugged them into my Mojo. Brought back the memories of those old days of listening to Music for Hours After School. And i still cant believe how comfortable those headphones are. They are literally like pillows on the ears.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #3,671 of 42,782
Please return the unit to your retailer and it will be replaced. We have had a very small number of units with this same problem from early batch production units, subsequent production units do not experience this issue.

My local Chord dealer has 3 units on stock, I hope only my unit was the faulty one of them and not all 3 units will be the same, thanks anyway I will call my dealer tomorrow.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #3,672 of 42,782
Certainly a good decision if UI is not an issue with you and you're not used to or attached to your old/new phone. Kind a wondering why there are so many millions of iPhones around? But I got your point.

Never seem to last long enough to become attached to them; so bloody fragile, bless 'em :) - As for UI, Ive always been an Android Man, so to speak, and its all a question of variation on a theme in this regard, Apples and Windows Phones too I guess? Seen one, seen them all. IMHO.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3,673 of 42,782

Well, they are phones first and foremost. More like little computers really. The majority who use them to listen to music, are not like us psychos looking to squeeze every single micro of better sound out of them. I personally keep things separate, by TV is my TV, my computer monitor is my computer monitor, my phone is my phone and my DX90 plays my music.

I would tend to agree with you on this, but it's quite nice also to have a "free" or "bonus" DAP in one's possession which can play both discrete music from internal memory and stream quality music from a source like Tidal. It's never going to be the best option but rather a decent jack of all trades :)

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #3,675 of 42,782
Actual pick up :

Tue 11/03/2015

CARY, NC US

Scheduled delivery:

Pending

TAMPA, FL US

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.​

Hold at FedEx LocationRequest NotificationsObtain Proof of Delivery
  1. More actions

Travel History

Hide