Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #1,157 of 42,765
Any news on that ZX2 cable? No worries if you're still checking it out!

I haven't tried this cable personally but I'm assured it works with the Hugo, feel free to blame rookie2009 if it doesn't work (I find it useful to pass the buck in these situations).

You'll have to contact Brimar Cables on Facebook (link below) and ask for the Walkman cable - WM-Port>micro-USB - make sure to ask that the cable works with the Hugo (Mojo), let me know how you get on...
normal_smile .gif

link: https://www.facebook.com/brimar.net?pnref=lhc

note: Sony phone users don't need a special cable

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #1,158 of 42,765
I haven't tried this cable personally but I'm assured it works with the Hugo, feel free to blame rookie2009 if it doesn't work (I find it useful to pass the buck in these situations).

You'll have to contact Brimar Cables on Facebook (link below) and ask for the Walkman cable - WM-Port>micro-USB - make sure to ask that the cable works with the Hugo (Mojo), let me know how you get on...
normal_smile%20.gif

link: https://www.facebook.com/brimar.net?pnref=lhc

note: Sony phone users don't need a special cable

Amazing, thanks!

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,159 of 42,765
OMG.

Mojo arrived today. My thanks to Custom Cables for such a swift service. I placed on charge for an hour. But I couldn't resist so sneaked a 5 min listening session.

I also compared the same 2 tracks from The 99 Most Essentia Relaxing Classics, Track 8 Cavatina and Track 1 The Magic Flute K 620 Overture with my Oppo HA-2.

I am using my iPhone 6S Plus with Neutron Player app. The above tracks are mp3 only at around 256 bit rate as downloaded music. I grabbed my Sony MDR-1RNC headphones with the noise cancellation switched off as these were the nearest cans.

The Mojo is amazing. I have heard nothing so involving, musical etc in a portable device.

Versus the Oppo HA-2. The Oppo did not even get close, which is crazy as I loved the HA-2. I will be selling my HA-2 soon.

Mojo now back on charge.

Some observations. It is much smaller than I thought it was going to be. Great size. Beautiful build. I haven't heard any interference either.

It's so much better than the Oppo. Sold my Oppo straight away after I got my Mojo and no regrets. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,162 of 42,765
Finally got my hand on a Mojo and I have been playing with it for a few hours. I was expecting small but not this small!

#Impressions:

1. A nice mid-bass bump making it sound more engaging than HUGO
  2. HUGO sounds more neutral and expansive in terms of soundstage
  3. Feeding Meir Audio Quickstep I hear no audible improvement.
  4. I find USB to sound more open than Optical. I have not test coaxial but a very trustworthy source of mind recommends coaxial over the other two digital input.
  5. I find a hint of distortion at high frequency using IE800 and K3003, I need to triple check this, please do not take this literally as it could be very well my mind.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #1,165 of 42,765
  Finally got my hand on a Mojo and I have been playing with it for a few hours. I was expecting small but not this small!

#Impressions:

1. A nice mid-bass bump making it sound more engaging than HUGO
  2. HUGO sounds more neutral and expansive in terms of soundstage
  3. Feeding Meir Audio Quickstep I hear no audible improvement.
  4. I find USB to sound more open than Optical. I have not test coaxial but a very trustworthy source of mind recommends coaxial over the other two digital input.
  5. I find a hint of distortion at high frequency using IE800 and K3003, I need to triple check this, please do not take this literally as it could be very well my mind.

Intersting. As I noted in my review the LCD-XC felt brighter (too bright) with the Mojo headphone out but was completely tamed when using an external amp. Yet with my JH Angie the Mojo sounded warmer than I am used to. Regardless, I love this little thing!

Edit: I have some Q&A with Rob in my review and he basically said Mojo is the same analogue section as Hugo.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,167 of 42,765

Intersting. As I noted in my review the LCD-XC felt brighter (too bright) with the Mojo headphone out but was completely tamed when using an external amp. Yet with my JH Angie the Mojo sounder warmer than I am used to. Regardless, I love this little thing!

I just had a quick listen with CK100PRO which I use to test the brightness and to me it can get hot. CK100PRO by nature is a bright IEM. I use it to test whether the source I use is warm. This indicate to me Mojo is not by nature a warm source.

One negative that I might have currently is the casing is little easy to scratch. Not a major issue for me but the mate black finish feels great and non-slippery however does get scratch somewhat easily.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,168 of 42,765
What did you want to hear? :D

Things are all relative, a nice mid-bass bump is qualitative statement, there is no way for me to quantify it with my ears. Calyx M is considerably a warmer sounding unit. 

I'm not noticing the mid bass bump but I'm coming from the ZX2 so my point of reference is a bit skewed. I think there is a nice hint of midrange warmth but nothing is overdone. My ACS Encore have loads of mid bass and I was concerned that it would be too much, but compared to the ZX2 MoJo sounds, for the most part, clean and balanced.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,169 of 42,765
I'm not noticing the mid bass bump but I'm coming from the ZX2 so my point of reference is a bit skewed. I think there is a nice hint of midrange warmth but nothing is overdone. My ACS Encore have loads of mid bass and I was concerned that it would be too much, but compared to the ZX2 MoJo sounds, for the most part, clean and balanced.

I am comparing it direct to HUGO, the mid-bass bump might be something else, could be perhaps more in the mids. I havent done a freq swipe test yet. I can't find my ER4S to test for that, once I do I will.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #1,170 of 42,765

Well, you are saying on another hand, the Mojo sounds better than ZX2 ? I will wait to audition it and see. But for the kicker, the ZX2 stock form with "Sound adjustment" app available will not sound good. Unless you disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back