Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #8,597 of 42,765
Yeah I know, Apple wants to much info on the construction... In fact all Infos... Understandable that Chord wasn't cool with that.
Anyway there will be many IOS folks checking out mojo, when they see module / cable... And what better place than head fi!

Edit:
Seems there was a misunderstanding... Since English isn't my first languages... So module won't be sold via Apple... Sorry for the confusion

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #8,598 of 42,765
Yeah I know, Apple wants to much info on the construction... In fact all Infos... Understandable that Chord wasn't cool with that.

Wow - somebody actually read the 3rd post!!  
basshead.gif

beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #8,601 of 42,765

Thanks for the quick replies! 

I wish I had a local store who would let me demo it but that question got me a look from the guy behind the counter like I had two heads...I really want to take the plunge on this but it's also a big investment to get sent from UK to Sweden.

My current alternative to HTC One M8 is a Galaxy S5 which also sounds like it might have disabled the native usb order support (or possibly a remote chance of a Nexus 6p) so I guess some more reading is in order :)

I have been using the Nexus 6P with no problems especially USB drivers, so could be an option, just bear in mind no expandable storage (hence my 128Gb version)

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #8,603 of 42,765
The Mojo sounds great with other full sized headphones, very detailed and Soundstage is decent (yet not as impressive as I've hoped)

I've tried the grado s1000e (too bright, not worth the 1k$)

But with the ultimate Ears pro 18 it was bland, clear detailed (I guess UE are more reference) but not fun and engaging and bass was a major disappointment (mojo+ grado or UE) (I'm not a basshead) I like even sound, just looking for the fun and energetic I guess is that what *colored*means?

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #8,604 of 42,765

I can confirm that Fiio L19 cable still works with iOS. Stacks much better without the apple cck. I had to buy from a retailer in Dubai who still had them in stock.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #8,606 of 42,765
  I have the Mojo paired with my S6+ edge.
No problems using Spotify, Poweramp, standard music app etc.

hi, how do you get spotify to work with OTG? as the official reply from spotify, android spotify doesnt support OTG. i do hope they can support spotify.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/USB-OTG-Support/td-p/1227448

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #8,607 of 42,765
  hi, how do you get spotify to work with OTG? as the official reply from spotify, android spotify doesnt support OTG. i do hope they can support spotify.

It says "USB OTG is not supported for either cache storage or for streaming to another device using Android I'm afraid", it doesn't mean it doesn't support USB Audio just that you can't use a USB OTG storage device plugged to your android to store the cache or to stream to another device.

And you don't need Spotify to support it for it to work, the OS takes care of it although Tidal has a setting to select audio output at least on computer I'd have to check on android.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #8,608 of 42,765

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/USB-OTG-Support/td-p/1227448

This was mentioned, a while back, but I don't know if the situation has been resolved:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/4725#post_12068719

This seems rather inconclusive, but might be worth following-up:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/2280#post_12023838

and take note of this:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/2910#post_12032759

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #8,609 of 42,765
I am using both AKG K3003's and Beyerdynamic T1's and they both offer great bang for buck, now they reached the end of their market cycles. Very pleased with both. Not feeling the need to upgrade either. If you want specifics, am happy to oblige. Mosty, however, they both offer very detailed, fairly bright, layered sound, which complement the Mojo well.

This is actually best compliment imo not wanting to upgrade. Hugo did that for me, now just waiting for the Mojo! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back