Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 3, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #22,231 of 42,765

So with my iPod Touch (6th gen) + L19 + Mojo setup it seems like after I charge the iPod and reconnect the L19 cable things get wonky and stop working. Connecting the official cck adapter and USB cable to the Mojo seems to get things back in good shape. Can you confirm none of the same behavior with the Zees Music cable?

Did you seriously not read what I wrote in my post it answers your question right there HELLO.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #22,232 of 42,765

I don't see why the Mojo should be recommended to be paired with bright sounding heaphones. I think any neutral or flatter headphones would be the better option.

I have the Grado SR225e and I wish they had a bit more body, or a bit less top end. The 225e is not even the brightest Grado.

However What Hi-Fi do pair the Mojo along with the Grado 325e. (The 325 series used to be the brightest of all the Grado headphones.) However the new 325e is not bright in the same way. The e-series is much more tamed overall. I think What Hi-Fi make this pairing because it's the best headphone around for its price. ...I really want to hear it with the Mojo though. My 225e are actually 225i with e-drivers. (Long story but series change over production story.) It means in my case though, that I need to use a Grado Mini-Adapter. Therefor I am loosing some of the sound quality across the connections and extra cabling.

I do enjoy the pairing of Mojo and SR325e. I had initially intended to get the Audeze EL8 Open Back but could not hear a significant enough of a difference to warrant buying the so Grado's it was.

I would not condsider the Grado's bright whatsoever but then again I have not hear the rest of the Grado range.

These were my first Open Back Headphones and have served me quite well, well until some bright spark had the idea of offering me the HD800 to listen too

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #22,233 of 42,765
Did you seriously not read what I wrote in my post it answers your question right there HELLO.

I did read it and in response to your snark I was pretty sure the L19 cable had no issues for several days until I noticed these specific quirks. I figured you may not have validated these specific use cases yet and wanted to confirm before plopping another 50 bucks down for potentially the same result.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #22,234 of 42,765
  I do enjoy the pairing of Mojo and SR325e. I had initially intended to get the Audeze EL8 Open Back but could not hear a significant enough of a difference to warrant buying the so Grado's it was.

I would not condsider the Grado's bright whatsoever but then again I have not hear the rest of the Grado range.

These were my first Open Back Headphones and have served me quite well, well until some bright spark had the idea of offering me the HD800 to listen too

Yeah, I mean, What Hi-Fi say the 325e is not bright or hard edged. They made this comment I think when auditioning the 325e with a piece of music. The review is online. (I am eager to hear them with the Mojo.)

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #22,236 of 42,765
I think the 325e (and likely most Grados) sounds great through the Mojo - there is a slight treble etch and nice
full-bodied sound that I think
combines really nicely with the naturally detailed, refined, very coherent Mojo sound. That said, my GS1000i's are even
better through Mojo -more refined, more natural (and bigger/ life-size) sound stage, but are too costly, fragile and cumbersome to use outside of my home/ on the go.i

I do listen at low to moderate volumes - (and sometimes use Captune to gently tweak the SR325e highs down a bit) - however lately I'm listening to my Tidal streams un-eq'd most of the time.

IMHO the 325e sound very, very nice through Mojo - I often forget that I'm not listening to my GS1000i's

I enthusiastically recommend 325e with Mojo, especially with pop, rock and jazz ( try some really good Buddy Rich tracks, Joe Satriani, David Bowie The Next Day and Bright Star, or any of your favorite tracks!).

What I love about the Mojo, what strikes me is how the entire performance... the whole soundstage if
you will - is so exactly and expertly/masterfully reproduced with fantastic naturalness ....Mojo is an expert magician who becomes the original performance - (and vanishes in the process)!

For myself, Mojo deserves all the accolades and I also think is very nice aesthetically!
Amazing sq and incredible, portable form factor that can be driven by my iPod Touch as well as
anything else - again, great sound.... a miracle of engineering!

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #22,237 of 42,765
I did read it and in response to your snark I was pretty sure the L19 cable had no issues for several days until I noticed these specific quirks. I figured you may not have validated these specific use cases yet and wanted to confirm before plopping another 50 bucks down for potentially the same result.

I apologize my doctor put me on Pain killers andMuscle relaxers for the next two weeks taking the meds has put me in a foul mood I have had the cable less than a week and haven't encountered anything yet.

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #22,238 of 42,765
  I apologize my doctor put me on Pain killers andMuscle relaxers for the next two weeks taking the meds has put me in a foul mood I have had the cable less than a week and haven't encountered anything yet.

All good, I have lower back issues and have been on similar treatment so I know how it is. Cool deal, I'd imagine if you haven't encountered any issues w/ a week of use it must be pretty stable. Thanks again!

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #22,239 of 42,765
well i ordered the mojo extender from Matt and the crew of Audio Sanctuary...once it arrives i'll then source out a nice, small
pocket camera pouch to load both it and my ipod touch 6.... and then i'll be off and running.
case ideas here: https://www.google.ca/search?q=pocket+camera+carrying+case&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjinfbl8vTOAhUK1mMKHXQuBaUQ_AUICCgB

i'm trying to lose more weight (again :cool: ) so haven't been listening much with the mojo, at home. this is why i love the dragonfly red for it's lightweight and portable form factor: I use it all the time while walking about
getting my 10,000 daily steps in...so hopefully the extender does the trick and i can then christen the mojo as also being truly
portable.  MOJO  MOFO (more fitness ongoing....;P )

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #22,241 of 42,765
  well i ordered the mojo extender from Matt and the crew of Audio Sanctuary...once it arrives i'll then source out a nice, small
pocket camera pouch to load both it and my ipod touch 6.... and then i'll be off and running.
case ideas here: https://www.google.ca/search?q=pocket+camera+carrying+case&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjinfbl8vTOAhUK1mMKHXQuBaUQ_AUICCgB

i'm trying to lose more weight (again
cool.gif
) so haven't been listening at home much...so haven't spent much time with the mojo.
hence this is why i love the dragonfly red for it's lightweight and portable form factor: I use it all the time while walking about
getting my 10,000 daily steps in...so hopefully the extender does the trick and i can then christen the mojo as also being truly

Hiya ,
congrats on your fitness schedule. I'm keen to see the results of your camera case. I found the Mojo buttons will change the volume with the slightest of pressure and the optical connection with the slightest movement cuts the sound off so I have all but given up for taking it running. I started walking as you did but built up my fitness

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #22,242 of 42,765

i'm trying to lose more weight (again
cool.gif
) so haven't been listening at home much...so haven't spent much time with the mojo.
hence this is why i love the dragonfly red for it's lightweight and portable form factor: I use it all the time while walking about

A bit like this?..................................................or perhaps more like this?
blink.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #22,245 of 42,765
Hi

What is the better option of connecting Fiio X5 II to Mojo?

Coaxial or Optical?

Thanks

The FiiO X5ii does not have optical output. Your only option is coaxial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back