Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,056 of 42,773
Hey guys,

The Mojo is being branded as a great companion for smart-phone users. Are they saying that requirements towards a great DAP are lower than usual? Is this in any way related to the FPGA tech they're using?

What are people outthere pairing it with? Both DAPs/HP's.

Thanks guys!
Cheers

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,057 of 42,773
Just a general query. Have the people with the mojo used a signal cleaner..
Jitter bug, uptone regeneration IFI, Wyred..Any effect on a purpose made FPGA in the Mojo, improvements from your transport medium of choice....

Thanks

My Mojo is going through its initial charge, and after I've played with it and gotten used to its profile I'll be trying it with the Regen. Already have the right adapter ready for the test. Cheers

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,058 of 42,773
I am sure this has been asked but this thread is a beast. I know the color changes based upon the resolution but could someone tell me the battery colors? I think from full to empty the battery indicator is Blue to Green to Yellow...(I just received my Mojo and have not gone past yellow). Thanks

Blue, green, yellow, red, blinking red...... Head for the charger.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,059 of 42,773
Thanks for replying if you get a chance to A/B let me know. Wasn't sure if the FPGA dacs would change. I might get it to go with my HA1. I don't want to go off topic with the other products. But are they a value yo the new chord..

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2,060 of 42,773
Picked up a Mojo this morning. After hearing the hyper I had to try it. After spending most of the day with it my impressions are mixed. Firstly, it sounds ok. It's fairly clean but is a bit dry. My Fiio X3ii has more of a warmer, engaging and Cosey sound to it where as the Mojo is more lean. It's not bad lean, it's detailed, I wouldn't say it's airy but it isn't really what I'd call fully warm either.

Vocals sound a bit lean, I'm using a Project Ember II with a Mullard so obviously that is going to sound more lush and fleshed out in the vocals. From everything I've read it seems like it's another hyper job. It isn't bad at all, it's actually good but by the way people go on about it you'd think its the best thing ever! Lol.

Compared to my Dragonfly 1.2 I'd say it's a little more detailed but it isn't as musical. I'm not saying it's not musical at all but compared to what I have, it's not as warm and lush as I tend to like. I think it's a good match for those warm, lush headphones if you want to thin them down and make them show more detail. Over all, good dac.

I love the way this thing looks by the way! The lights are awesome. I think the name is stupid haha but that's just being picky! I do think it's a little over priced! Sounds on par with my other gear but has a different sound to it(same with all gear too be honest)

Overall I like it, it has a place in my collection for sure but just not at the moment so gonna return it to try something else. If it was a little warmer, lusher more fleshed out on the vocals I would be keeping it!

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #2,062 of 42,773
Picked up a Mojo this morning. After hearing the hyper I had to try it. After spending most of the day with it my impressions are mixed. Firstly, it sounds ok. It's fairly clean but is a bit dry. My Fiio X3ii has more of a warmer, engaging and Cosey sound to it where as the Mojo is more lean. It's not bad lean, it's detailed, I wouldn't say it's airy but it isn't really what I'd call fully warm either.

Vocals sound a bit lean, I'm using a Project Ember II with a Mullard so obviously that is going to sound more lush and fleshed out in the vocals. From everything I've read it seems like it's another hyper job. It isn't bad at all, it's actually good but by the way people go on about it you'd think its the best thing ever! Lol.

Compared to my Dragonfly 1.2 I'd say it's a little more detailed but it isn't as musical. I'm not saying it's not musical at all but compared to what I have, it's not as warm and lush as I tend to like. I think it's a good match for those warm, lush headphones if you want to thin them down and make them show more detail. Over all, good dac but just wish people wouldn't spread that expectation bias.

I love the way this thing looks by the way! The lights are awesome. I think the name is stupid haha but that's just being picky! I do think it's a little over priced! Sounds on par with my other gear but has a different sound to it(same with all gear too be honest)

Overall I like it, it has a place in my collection for sure but just not at the moment so gonna return it to try something else. If it was a little warmer, lusher more fleshed out on the vocals I would be keeping it!

You mentioned your sources used to compare with the Mojo, such as FiiO X3 2nd generation and DragonFly 1.2. And you mentioned the Project Ember, so I assume you're using these sources strictly as DAC, and feeding into your tube amplifier. What headphones are you using? And have you tried feeding your sources directly into your headphone, bypassing the Project Ember?

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #2,063 of 42,773

Compared to my Dragonfly 1.2 I'd say it's a little more detailed but it isn't as musical. I'm not saying it's not musical at all but compared to what I have, it's not as warm and lush as I tend to like. I think it's a good match for those warm, lush headphones if you want to thin them down and make them show more detail. Over all, good dac.

IMO, it needs at least 100 hours burn in. I am not talking about head burn in but the Mojo. I find it opening up more but to me, it does go through stages. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #2,064 of 42,773
  How would you describe the improvement with the DX90?

A little more detail and transparency. I am using the optical with the AK100 and a coax on the DX90. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #2,067 of 42,773
Burn in fairies are not something I believe in. I would prefer it to be less open too be honest, I like lush and thick.

And that is what makes the world go round, different preferences. I like open and transparent and I know some like more lush and warm. I have built tube equipment but never to the lush and warm sound but more linear, dynamic, transparent and neutral but I have heard systems that their owners loved that were not detailed, tube sounding in a way I do not like. So it is all good and what makes so many choices good, there is something for everyone. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #2,068 of 42,773
Please see the first quote.
I am using a windows phone for the last three years, WP 8.1 does not support OTG. Windows 10 for phone should have otg but still on insider preview.
There was no update from @OK-Guy regarding windows phone after that quote.

I should have news about Windows phones by Wed/Thurs of next week... waiting for some feedback which won't happen till Wed, we're trying honest.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2,069 of 42,773

Try the ALO CDM. I don't have a Mojo but I have a Hugo. The CDM has a DAC and a tube amp. Warm but still clear.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #2,070 of 42,773
Let's hear more about synergies with different headphones and in-ears!

I was thinking today, since many seem to find the mojo very musical - how do they sound with some of the best single balanced armature iems out there, that are often thought of as clinical? Did anyone try this thing with ety e4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back