Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 26, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #16,786 of 42,773
I want to be able to mount Mojo to my Nexus 5 and at the same time don't want any adhesive on Mojo's shell

But there are some ways to mount them together without any residue. Bands, 3M..

A coupe of key scratches here and there. To be honest, it is useless. Don't even bother, spend your money on a dinner much better. Unless you live in a cold place, covering mojo in summer is a really bad idea. It will be cooked like a steak inside your pocket :beerchug:

Personally, I went with the Pelican 1020 case. It is a very protective case. The main disadvantage of this solution is that you cannot use mojo in your packet. If that is ok with you, then go for it :wink:  . 

Yeah but can put the Mojo say ten minutes in your pocket then take it out hold it while walking then put it in for awhile. The Mojo really cools down really fast once out of the pocket.

I don't think heat is a problem with mojo. It gets warm but not hot even inside pocket.

Usually I put mojo in a pocket and my phone in another pocket, an USB cable run through belt loop. I find this way works better because I use my phone a lot and none RF interference. For storage I use pelican 1020.

As cosmetic damage, I'm not that afraid. I take care of my mojo quite well; has dropped twice, no scratch. But then, I have to admit that mojo isn't built as perfect as apple products. My unit's top and bottom piece are a little bit misaligned.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #16,787 of 42,773
I'm looking forward to the new Mojo case! I can't wait til it drops on Thursday! So far no scratches on my Mojo, I bought a Dignis leather case for my Fiio X3II which wasn't nearly as expensive as the Dignis Mojo case but I am pleased with the quality of the leather and materials.

Also, I am glad I didn't buy the Dignis Mojo case cause the concept designs of the Chord case were much nicer looking than the Dignis cases for the Mojo.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #16,788 of 42,773
Yeah but can put the Mojo say ten minutes in your pocket then take it out hold it while walking then put it in for awhile. The Mojo really cools down really fast once out of the pocket.

Two problems with this:

First, I don't about you, but I would rather have a mojo without case instead of taking every 30 mins from its shell. Then I need to carry both the case and mojo together. When it is cool down, and need to put it back in. 

Second, you cannot charge the mojo will it is inside the leather case. For every charging, you to take it out of the case. When you finished charging, wait to cool down, then put back it in. Ahhhhhhh, more tasks!!!

It adds more complexity, it requires more setups, and it is not particle. Also it hides the beauty of the aluminum case :D

But if you like, by all means. This is just my personal opinion. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #16,789 of 42,773
Two problems with this:

First, I don't about you, but I would rather have a mojo without case instead of taking every 30 mins from its shell. Then I need to carry both the case and mojo together. When it is cool down, and need to put it back in. 

Second, you cannot charge the mojo will it is inside the leather case. For every charging, you to take it out of the case. When you finished charging, wait to cool down, then put back it in. Ahhhhhhh, more tasks!!!

It adds more complexity, it requires more setups, and it is not particle. Also it hides the beauty of the aluminum case :D

But if you like, by all means. This is just my personal opinion. 

I'm sure Chord wouldn't release a case which hasn't tested yet. Mojo isn't hotter than iPad/iPhone running heavy games.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #16,790 of 42,773
The laptop camera doesn't do them justice. I'll have good photos taken for the "pics of your transportable rig" thread -- once the rig becomes, you know, actually transportable. (Because someone made a SWEET MOTHER LOVING TRASPORTER AT LAST)

And btw, there is no way on earth we're not calling this combo Pure Mojo

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #16,791 of 42,773
But there are some ways to mount them together without any residue. Bands, 3M..

I don't think heat is a problem with mojo. It gets warm but not hot even inside pocket.

Usually I put mojo in a pocket and my phone in another pocket, an USB cable run through belt loop. I find this way works better because I use my phone a lot and none RF interference. For storage I use pelican 1020.

As cosmetic damage, I'm not that afraid. I take care of my mojo quite well; has dropped twice, no scratch. But then, I have to admit that mojo isn't built as perfect as apple products. My unit's top and bottom piece are a little bit misaligned.
Guess you a stronger man than me cause when my leg starts to feel its on fire I pull the mojo/phone stack out of my pocket. In my other pocket is the phone I actually use. Maybe you live in a cold area cause walking and jumping onto trains and buses when its 28c and 95% Humidity aint easy.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #16,792 of 42,773
Guess you a stronger man than me cause when my leg starts to feel its on fire I pull the mojo/phone stack out of my pocket. In my other pocket is the phone I actually use. Maybe you live in a cold area cause walking and jumping onto trains and buses when its 28c and 95% Humidity aint easy.

Where do you live? Here, the temperature varies widly. Freeze point last winter, almost 100F on few days. The humidity is low, though. 43-73F today; Mojo keeps its mojo! :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #16,793 of 42,773
Where do you live? Here, the temperature varies widly. Freeze point last winter, almost 100F on few days. The humidity is low, though. 43-73F today; Mojo keeps its mojo! :)
Hong Kong but originally from Miami. 100f I never been in that sort of weather and you were outside with your mojo in your pocket ? :blush:

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #16,795 of 42,773
Hong Kong but originally from Miami. 100f I never been in that sort of weather and you were outside with your mojo in your pocket ? :blush:

I visited Florida last year but I didn't own mojo at that time.

I almost always keep mojo inside my jeans pocket everytime I go outside. Maybe I'm used to tropical climate so I never feel that mojo is too hot.

It gets pretty brutal I'm South Florida, I don't think I'd keep my mojo in my pocket in the summer. I don't plan on being outside much in that weather, it's torturous.

Funny, Florida reminds me so much of tropical countries (ie Indonesia). But I hate mosquitoes more than anything, including sweaty humid climate!

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #16,797 of 42,773
I visited Florida last year but I didn't own mojo at that time.

I almost always keep mojo inside my jeans pocket everytime I go outside. Maybe I'm used to tropical climate so I never feel that mojo is too hot.
you walk in 100F for four hours a day with the Mojo in your pocket or you in your car with A/C then you in an office with A/C? In HK 90% of the people do not have a car. So many like me walk 30 to 40 minutes everyday in the heat or rain then get on wait in the heat for two buses then walk to a train and wait in the heat for the train then do it again.I lived in Miami for 38 years , was a Life Guard for 6 years.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #16,798 of 42,773
Just wearing jeans in that heat hurts... Let alone adding an electronic device. Not fun.
HK is way hotter and you walking along the side walk with five buses shooting exhaust fumes into your face. Plus its smaller than Orlando and with 8 or more million people. Anyways back to the Mojo.

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #16,800 of 42,773
you walk in 100F for four hours a day with the Mojo in your pocket or you in your car with A/C then you in an office with A/C? In HK 90% of the people do not have a car. So many like me walk 30 to 40 minutes everyday in the heat or rain then get on wait in the heat for two buses then walk to a train and wait in the heat for the train then do it again.I lived in Miami for 38 years , was a Life Guard for 6 years.

I don't get around with car either. I take busses & light rails. Mojo does get warm, but not more uncomfortable than any hot weather. In other words, I do hate hot climates but Mojo doesn't burn my thigh. Maybe dry air here keeps sweat away. Maybe I'm used to hotter climate. I lived in Jakarta, hotter & more polluted than HK, for almost 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back