Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 19, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #16,276 of 42,765

Mojo is the same way.

want the volume cranked... lose battery life
hard to drive transducers... lose battery life
want to pocket it and generate extra heat... lose battery life

Based on reading some posts, I was under the impression that, the efficiency of an headphone was immaterial to Mojo's battery life. The only factor (besides the volume and heat transfer) that affected the battery life was the File Type.. Have I got that wrong? Please advise..

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #16,277 of 42,765
Hi everyone, my name is Max.
I'm new to the forums and would just like to say that I am super impressed with the mojo. No audio product has moved me like the mojo. 

During the first three days of using the mojo my eyes began to shed tears and I would shake my head in disbelief while listening to tracks I previously heard before.

My father is an audiophile himself and he owns a high end stereo that consists of VTL MB 450 Series III mono blocks, VTL 6.5 series II Preamp, an Auralic Vega (now updated to a Lampizator lite 7) and B & W 802D speakers so I'm no stranger to high end audio. I bought myself an HD 700 and Schiit Valhalla 2 and hooked it up to the Vega and used that as my previous reference. He was extremely impressed with mojo as well and when hooked up to the stereo as a line out, the mojo was competing with the Vega. The mojo had a more forward and detailed sound signiture while the Auralic had a wider and still detailed sound signiture. One of the things I picked up was how well the mojo reproduced the timbre of the guitar. 

After over two weeks of testing and getting intimate with mojo I am now a fan of Rob Watts's FPGA WTA Algorithim. The amplifier in the mojo is super transparent and in my eyes significantly bests the Valhalla in terms of transparency. Using mojo as a lineout to valhalla only changed up the sound but isn't needed as mojo seems to be powerful enough. A buddy of mine owns a pair of HE 400i's and just for kicks we plugged in both our headphones into the mojo. To my surprised the only difference we could hear was a slight decrease in volume on both headphones (around 1-2%). It drove both headphones well but for some reason I felt it might have lost a bit of kick on the 700's.

I showed mojo off to my family and friends some of their jaws dropped when they heard their favorite songs being played. All of them agreed that its well worth it and its an excellent purchase. 

that's quite a comprehensive first hand experience i must say

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #16,278 of 42,765
Based on reading some posts, I was under the impression that, the efficiency of an headphone was immaterial to Mojo's battery life. The only factor (besides the volume and heat transfer) that affected the battery life was the File Type.. Have I got that wrong? Please advise..

on players dsd will consume more battery life and generate more heat, but for mojo in not entirely convinced but its also possible cause of the power needed to transcode dsd

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #16,279 of 42,765
Hi everyone, my name is Max.
I'm new to the forums and would just like to say that I am super impressed with the mojo. No audio product has moved me like the mojo. 

During the first three days of using the mojo my eyes began to shed tears and I would shake my head in disbelief while listening to tracks I previously heard before.

My father is an audiophile himself and he owns a high end stereo that consists of VTL MB 450 Series III mono blocks, VTL 6.5 series II Preamp, an Auralic Vega (now updated to a Lampizator lite 7) and B & W 802D speakers so I'm no stranger to high end audio. I bought myself an HD 700 and Schiit Valhalla 2 and hooked it up to the Vega and used that as my previous reference. He was extremely impressed with mojo as well and when hooked up to the stereo as a line out, the mojo was competing with the Vega. The mojo had a more forward and detailed sound signiture while the Auralic had a wider and still detailed sound signiture. One of the things I picked up was how well the mojo reproduced the timbre of the guitar. 

After over two weeks of testing and getting intimate with mojo I am now a fan of Rob Watts's FPGA WTA Algorithim. The amplifier in the mojo is super transparent and in my eyes significantly bests the Valhalla in terms of transparency. Using mojo as a lineout to valhalla only changed up the sound but isn't needed as mojo seems to be powerful enough. A buddy of mine owns a pair of HE 400i's and just for kicks we plugged in both our headphones into the mojo. To my surprised the only difference we could hear was a slight decrease in volume on both headphones (around 1-2%). It drove both headphones well but for some reason I felt it might have lost a bit of kick on the 700's.

I showed mojo off to my family and friends some of their jaws dropped when they heard their favorite songs being played. All of them agreed that its well worth it and its an excellent purchase. 

Thanks for your excellent impressions! And welcome to Head Fi, sorry about your wallet!!!

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #16,280 of 42,765
Yeah, the mojo absolutely blew me away. I forgot to mention that I also own IE 80's an B & W P5 headphones for on the go.  I usually listen to them through my LG V10 which has good mid-fi sound for on the go. I like to use the mojo when im walking around my neighborhood but when I commute I use the V10 simply for convenience purposes.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #16,281 of 42,765
My wallet, in the longrun will be saving a lot of money since the mojo basically does it all and does it great. I hope that anyone who is on the fence and still skeptical about the mojo takes the plunge like I did and never looks back!

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #16,282 of 42,765
My wallet, in the longrun will be saving a lot of money since the mojo basically does it all and does it great. I hope that anyone who is on the fence and still skeptical about the mojo takes the plunge like I did and never looks back!

Well, there's always another headphone/IEM.... :wink_face:

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #16,283 of 42,765
That's true, ive been eye balling the Shure 846 for a while now but the wallet and bank account don't seem to agree. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #16,284 of 42,765
@maxh22, 'jaw dropped' is exactly the phrase I was looking to describe the reaction of a person to whom I offered my mojo and Beyer dt880 600 ohm combo for listening the hotel California song. initially he offered me his ipod for Beyer dt880 and the song was yes the universal tester hotel California from hell freezes over. I said I am also having the same song in my fiio x3 and listen it with mojo on Beyer dt880 . I would say the reaction on his face was just worth observing. the smile on his face was telling everything and yes it was a jaw dropping reaction on his face too. people simply find it hard to accept on forums that mojo beats many dacs and headphone amps worth many times more the cost of mojo.

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #16,287 of 42,765
  Yeah, the mojo absolutely blew me away. I forgot to mention that I also own IE 80's an B & W P5 headphones for on the go.  I usually listen to them through my LG V10 which has good mid-fi sound for on the go. I like to use the mojo when im walking around my neighborhood but when I commute I use the V10 simply for convenience purposes.

That's true, ive been eye balling the Shure 846 for a while now but the wallet and bank account don't seem to agree. 
beyersmile.png

Hi and welcome, but before I go any further

I am going to issue you with a warning

All is not what it seems in the Mojo world and not many of the others here will not tell you this, you will get the impression that all is fine.
Let me be that voice of caution, before it is too late

When using your Mojo there are a few things you really need to be aware of.

1.Be careful and be on your guard at all times
2.Use in moderation extensive use can lead to neglect of others in your life, family, friends..
3.Do not trust your ears, this Mumbo Jumbo Mojo will produce sounds from recording you will never have heard before
4.You will be forced (if this applies) to move from MP3 or AAC to FLAC, WAV and DSD files
5. You shall run out of storage space as you quest for higher quality digital files continues
6. You start to forsake all others and your desire to spend more increases
7. Your once acceptable end equipment ie IEM's and HP's leads you on a quest for bigger, more detailed and better

I have been a victim. I find when listen in a quiet room, being startled by the sound of someone in the room behind only to discover it is actually in the piece of music I am listening too.

I was happy being ignorant and listening to MP3's on my phone and headphones amps

Now..........

frown.gif

Please Give any donations welcomed Wife and Mojo, kids to support

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #16,288 of 42,765
My confidence in the third-party cables has grown also ... particularly as the one I bought (Lavricables) has survived multiple iOS upgrades now (on 9.3.1) without issue - and one of those upgrades made some significant changes to CCK support for iOS, especially on iPhone.
We don't mind the use of third party cables but sometimes in some cases their extreme stiffness can put a strain on the optical, the RCA and especially the micro USB. So care must be taken.

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #16,289 of 42,765
Hey anyone listen to Ed Sheeran via mojo? Im streaming over Tidal in HIFI listening to his first album using my cayin c5 and android sabre dac. I wish I had listened to it using mojo as it sounds fantastic on this set up so I imagine he would sound better again on the mojo

That's an interesting His Album X was mastered by Stuart Hawkins at metropolis studios at The PowerHouse in London and Stuart now does his final mix on a Chord Hugo he says he can hear both what is right and more importantly what is wrong in order to correct it. So it's nice to know we've helped him in his process and we all can hear the results just as Stuart heard it. Mojo is a window into the original master recording.

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #16,290 of 42,765
Hi mates i am currently own fiio e17 with lg v10 now i am planning to upgrade with chord mojo unfortunatly i dont have a choice to audition mojo so guys please can you advaice me will chord mojo gonna make huge different in the sound instead e17
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back