Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #15,812 of 42,783
I prefer neutral sound in general. I did see a few similar questions earlier on in the thread- hopefully won't be a problem.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #15,813 of 42,783
I prefer neutral sound in general. I did see a few similar questions earlier on in the thread- hopefully won't be a problem.
Natural as in Birds chirping or when you hear a gust of wind or waves hitting some rocks? Just joking.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #15,814 of 42,783
Natural as in Birds chirping or when you hear a gust of wind or waves hitting some rocks? Just joking.

jmills8 man please do not make crack again

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #15,815 of 42,783
  jmills8 man please do not make crack again

This is how I feel when I use the mojo with something revealing and a open back.

hear a noise and I've never heard and think something is outside my house. so I take off the headset and go look around, get mad at my dog for not barking, then realize the noise is from the track and I've never heard it before, till now.

**** this thing, makes feel like im a crack head looking around and searching...

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #15,816 of 42,783

This is how I feel when I use the mojo with something revealing and a open back.

hear a noise and I've never heard and think something is outside my house. so I take off the headset and go look around, get mad at my dog for not barking, then realize the noise is from the track and I've never heard it before, till now.

**** this thing, makes feel like im a crack head looking around and searching...

believe me i had this happen to me many times as well

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #15,817 of 42,783
Does anyone here use their Mojo as an external PC sound card? I understand that the battery can tolerate this, but wonder if long term desktop use is recommended. I tend to leave the Mojo plugged into a the PC by a USB lead borrowed from my Kindle.

I used to own a Hugo which seemed to introduce noticeable latency causing slight loss of lip sync when watching movies, but Mojo lacks this 'attribute'. If Mojo is not recommended as a general desktop solution, there's 2qute but this would need to be a big improvement over Mojo to justify the price and this is unlikely given the use of Hugo's innards.
I use my Mojo all the time in place of its own audio output. As the USB connection is only sending data, it won't touch the battery, you'll need another USB source for that. I wouldn't recommend another USB from the PC, as Mojo needs more power.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #15,820 of 42,783
Does anyone here use their Mojo as an external PC sound card? I understand that the battery can tolerate this, but wonder if long term desktop use is recommended. I tend to leave the Mojo plugged into a the PC by a USB lead borrowed from my Kindle.

I used to own a Hugo which seemed to introduce noticeable latency causing slight loss of lip sync when watching movies, but Mojo lacks this 'attribute'. If Mojo is not recommended as a general desktop solution, there's 2qute but this would need to be a big improvement over Mojo to justify the price and this is unlikely given the use of Hugo's innards.

I've got a Mojo and a 2Qute, have done A/B tests with them and the 2Qute wins hands down. The 2Qute is more alive and open sounding on my system.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #15,821 of 42,783
I've got a Mojo and a 2Qute, have done A/B tests with them and the 2Qute wins hands down. The 2Qute is more alive and open sounding on my system.

Isn't 2Cute meant to be similar to Hugo? Your description sounds like Hugo :).

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #15,822 of 42,783
I use my Mojo all the time in place of its own audio output. As the USB connection is only sending data, it won't touch the battery, you'll need another USB source for that. I wouldn't recommend another USB from the PC, as Mojo needs more power.

Hi, I'm using two USB leads, one to the PC and another to a USB mains adapter. I prefer the Mojo to the Asus STX II, but the Hugo a brighter sound signature.

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #15,823 of 42,783
Hey folks

since nobody answered:
Does anyone use Mojo with one of these headphones?
Did anyone compare Mojo to my DAC/DAP?

Thanks

I'm using it with the HP50.
Used to drive them with the Audioengine D3. The NADs are very efficient but because of their tuning they tend to be a little boring. Paired with the Mojo their imaging and soundstage capabilities open up. Also the bass is tighter and the highs extend a bit more. Mids are the most improved though. They sound just right. A nice pairing in my opinion :)

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #15,824 of 42,783

Your comment on battery life is worrying, but not unexpected.

I am still awaiting a reply.
4 hours of usage after a full charge is not remotely normal or acceptable. Nobody would be reading this a second time if I had received a reply to my first question.
It has a warranty. It was bought at e-earphone. It has battery issue that is getting worse.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #15,825 of 42,783
 I am still awaiting a reply.
4 hours of usage after a full charge is not remotely normal or acceptable. Nobody would be reading this a second time if I had received a reply to my first question.
It has a warranty. It was bought at e-earphone. It has battery issue that is getting worse.

Have you tried a battery cycle? Full to dead to full again.

4 hours after full charge seems to warrant a trip to e-earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back