Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Oct 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #631 of 1,858
Oct 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #632 of 1,858
I just ordered a Hugo and will want to connect it to my 240 via the mini toslink output to the Hugo. I want something of quality, but the specific need is a custom length—4 inches.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I normally buy my toslink cables from Lifatec and I have made an inquiry about whether they can custom build a cable for me. I thought I would reach out to the community to see if there are other worthy options.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #633 of 1,858
  I just ordered a Hugo and will want to connect it to my 240 via the mini toslink output to the Hugo. I want something of quality, but the specific need is a custom length—4 inches.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I normally buy my toslink cables from Lifatec and I have made an inquiry about whether they can custom build a cable for me. I thought I would reach out to the community to see if there are other worthy options.

You get a couple of toslink cables with the Hugo, but neither are that short. I prefer to use a longer cable, so that I can put the Hugo and my player in separate pockets and spread the load a bit...

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #634 of 1,858

I saw moon audio make specific cable for ak240 and hugo.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #635 of 1,858

You get a couple of toslink cables with the Hugo, but neither are that short. I prefer to use a longer cable, so that I can put the Hugo and my player in separate pockets and spread the load a bit...

Do either of the toslink cables included have a mini toslink end on one side?

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #636 of 1,858
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #638 of 1,858

Yes, that's the white one at about 0.5m

Thank you for replying. Well, I can start off using the included cable if I need to. I wonder if the included cable will pass 24/192?

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #639 of 1,858

Thank you for replying. Well, I can start off using the included cable if I need to. I wonder if the included cable will pass 24/192?

No reason why it shouldn't - it's what happens either end of the cable that determines that,but that is the max for the Hugo.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #640 of 1,858
Use the cables enclosed in the box it works up to DSD 128. It's fine. The ak only does pcm. If all is ok then buy a custom fit angle or something but don't spend the money now
And it might not be any better either
Enjoy as is for now.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #641 of 1,858

No reason why it shouldn't - it's what happens either end of the cable that determines that,but that is the max for the Hugo.

I've read differently, that some toslink cables will not pass 24/192. Now this may be due to materials or connectors, I don't know. Obviously I will have the answer when my black Hugo arrives in a few weeks.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #642 of 1,858
Use the cables enclosed in the box it works up to DSD 128. It's fine. The ak only does pcm. If all is ok then buy a custom fit angle or something but don't spend the money now
And it might not be any better either
Enjoy as is for now.

good suggestion since my wallet is quite light after the Hugo purchase.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #644 of 1,858

I've read differently, that some toslink cables will not pass 24/192. Now this may be due to materials or connectors, I don't know. Obviously I will have the answer when my black Hugo arrives in a few weeks.

It should but the question is, how well? 192 isn't part of the original toslink spec because it's bandwidth is lower than coax. Even with custom glass types you still need to deal with the stock inboard transmitter/receiver interface which are almost universally meh. One reason I prefer a proper coax interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back