Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 11, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #211 of 481

Yes. I've got a black Hugo right next to me and it does have curved edges at pretty much every angle.
We're getting there...

there was a tiny bit of photo-shopping like in most marketing photo's, the use of Hugo was a blatant red-herring... trust me I'm a Doctor...
wink_face.gif

Thanks for clarifying guys...

Well, unfortunately, I am living too far away from the event. Nevertheless, to support Chord Electronics game initiative here "Hu-go":

NOW YOU SEE THEM:

And, NOW YOU DON'T!!!:

EXCEPT FOR THE .... !!!

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #214 of 481
Ie800 and Hugo with a seal is really blissful.

Well that just gave me an idea of a pic to use for competition entry, although maybe a different type of seal
biggrin.gif

And if pic not valid.

It's my birthday the day before, but I have to work all day and then have a pre-arranged committee meeting in the evening, so can't even go out with my wife for a meal. Attending next day at the Shard would more than make up for this
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #215 of 481
Well if it is the Hugo Amp surely I will have to win the competition to attend the Shard event as I proposed it in my post in August 10, 2014. My post stated:

I am writing to you with a few suggestions for the Desktop “Hugo”:

-A remote for the Dac please, with an accompanying separate Chord power amplifier would be great

And yes, trying everything to be selected :wink:

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #216 of 481
There's only three days remaining and just a few hours until we announce our The Shard competition winner.

Register your interest or post a photo of you and your Chord product to enter.
 ​
 ​

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #217 of 481
I can't help feeling with Star Wars on the Horizon as well soon and the Hugo resembles my childhood memory's of desperately wanting a light sabre with it's metal industrial cutting edge piece of weaponry that I dream't of been in control of once upon a time and using it to destroy the dark side... roll on 30 years and I dream't of owning a industrial piece of metal with cutting edge technology that would take me to the "dark side" (of the moon) and finally got it in the shape of a Hugo and was like a kid finding Stars Wars for the first time all over again with the Hugo.

Now I am pretty sure what the new Chord product is without spoiling it for everyone so...

It is a Millennium Hugo Falcon dac/amp dap with the new state of the art volume control is the radar dish which spins round clock wise to raise the volume with the R.Watt new R3 series astromech dac chip is hidden in the smugglers secret cargo hold section and the amp section is provided by ground breaking Quadex power supply with Cryogenic power reserve cells when not plugged in charging to the mains.

It also has a new Mrk5 tractor beam generator but unfortunately i'm a bit disappointed it will still not have a Ganathan lighting gun but hoping it will be on the desktop model next year?

Chord are letting one lucky person win this if you can win a game of Sabacc against J.Franks & R.Watts

Yes, I'm bored on a Sunday and still dreaming of what might be in next three days and just hope it is something Santa can get stock of for delivery before Christmas as I've been a good boy this year (honest!)

p.s. I still dream of a light sabre I never ever had so if anybody has one on the trade section...

Hugo Wars....feat R2D2 (desktop)
Hugo Strikes Back feat... C3PO (volume memory setting issue, 6 million tap length!)
Return of the Hugo - Death Star crushed by Hugo rebellion.

Force Awakens - 3 days to go!..... (but guess it will be light years ahead!?)

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #219 of 481
Even though it's free I can't travel any more so if I were to win couldn't you  (Chord) just let me have a Hugo in lieu of the travel and the dinner?

Don't think travel is included, just the entrance to the event is "free".

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #220 of 481
What ever happened to the groundbreaking digital amp using gallium nitride transistors which Chord was working on?

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #222 of 481
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #224 of 481
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #225 of 481

Users who are viewing this thread

Back