Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #3,061 of 22,537
Ugh...this thread is depressing...particularly the last few pages. If I were new to the Chord brand and read through the first 200 pages of this thread in hopes of forming an opinion on what DAC to buy...I would jump ship so fast. Hell, I'm starting to like my 2Qute and Mojo less already...and thinking I made the wrong decision to buy the Hugo2. Are all the Chord threads like this? It's like a friggin Taylor Swift message board in here.
How does reading a forum change your enjoyment on what hi-fi you own or gonna buy?Think you take these forums too seriously,nothing I read would change my mind,I love what I own hi-fi wise and nothing or no-one could change that,it's about trusting your ears not your eyes,finding yourself being comfortable in your own skin,some ppl never achieve it but if you do then no-one can change your mind

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,062 of 22,537
I think if you were to Google "stir crazy", this forum would be the top result, very closely followed by the "Schiit Happened" forum.

Relax, put on the amazing "Ella & Louis" Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong album, and relish the miracle that allows you to intimately share these 60+ year old moments in the studio with some of the most talented musicians that have graced this earth (sounds amazing on my Mojo, and will sound even better when I swap it out for a Hugo2 in a couple months!)

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,063 of 22,537
I think if you were to Google "stir crazy", this forum would be the top result, very closely followed by the "Schiit Happened" forum.

Relax, put on the amazing "Ella & Louis" Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong album, and relish the miracle that allows you to intimately share these 60+ year old moments in the studio with some of the most talented musicians that have graced this earth (sounds amazing on my Mojo, and will sound even better when I swap it out for a Hugo2 in a couple months!)
I'm not knocking this site but I've never needed head fi to make any decisions buying hi-fi and I never listen to anyone else that's the biggest plus, just demo the kit

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,064 of 22,537

I tried looking this up on Tidal and I don't believe they have it? bummer. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #3,068 of 22,537

I'm not knocking this site but I've never needed head fi to make any decisions buying hi-fi and I never listen to anyone else that's the biggest plus, just demo the kit

I have relied heavily on things I've learned here for purchasing.

If it was not so I wouldn't have paid for Hugo 2 months before it's release.

I've gotten an education from its engineer.

I got that education here at head fi

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #3,073 of 22,537
John Franks can I ask you why you put one big headphone socket and one small socket with the Hugo 2,I would of loved two big sockets for me and the Mrs at home and one small socket when I'm going mobile

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,075 of 22,537

@Mojo ideas . Hi John; Sorry to bother you but would appreciate if you have time or can ask someone else to answer this question (or add to Q&A document at your website, if a Q&A exists). I will indeed use the Hugo 2 as a desktop solution and will use USB and Optical inputs for my main Audio usage. I would in addition like to use the 3.5mm input to connect my Sky TV box to, and possibly my CD player. 

The issue is that I cannot find (if they exist) an adaptor for my existing Coax interconnect, ie a 3.5mm jack to female coax "digital" (supporting 75ohm) adaptor. There are many adaptors out there but they may be analogue and states mono/stereo which I do not understand, so it is very difficult to find. Also I have looked to see if I can find any interconnects that support, but to no avail.

Can you please advise if any adaptors that support above use case will be included with the Hugo 2 (that I have on order), and if not what is the description of the adaptor that I need, as despite numerous hours of researching I cannot find any, apart from a FiiO cable that seem to be hooked up differently, and cannot be used.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Oh, and congratulations on the great Hugo TT / TToby review in the current Hifi-Choice issue! Well worth reading.

Paul

Hi, is this what you are looking for: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HIFI-3-5mm-To-RCA-SPDIF-Coaxial-Digital-Audio-Cable-For-XiaoMi-Box-TV/32608216868.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.qUS9As

Users who are viewing this thread

Back