Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #61 of 22,546
watches? Just like the Royals, No need for that.

yes i got out of watches a while ago...glad i did, too = $$$$

will be interesting to see some vids of the new chord products.
with some of the dissing (and confusion) going on (esp with the poly)
i think more clarification of some of these new products and their potential needs to be had.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #62 of 22,546
I have Hugo and mojo but why I feel like I HAVE TO HAVE THIS NOOOOOOW!?

February is too far away!

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #63 of 22,546
With the improvements we should get feedback on the sound quality of Hugo 2 versus Mojo about a month before Poly hits the market.

It's good days for music lovers.

I'm very interested in hearing what Hugo 2 owners have to say about the upgrade's impact on sound quality.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #65 of 22,546
I'm also really excited about this! I was planning on getting a pre-owned Hugo as an alternative to Mojo but now that Hugo 2 has been announced it's safe to say that sonically it can do everything Mojo can do but better! The fact that it has different filters means it could sound like a more resolving Mojo as well.

I remember talking just a couple months ago how a different flavor of Mojo would be nice (One that sounds like Hugo but in Mojo form factor) to give things variety. Looks like John Franks picked up on some of the stuff we were saying and implemented it into the Hugo 2. Well done!

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #66 of 22,546
I like the direction they are heading, they evolve the product while reducing the price.  

The reduction in price for those across the pond is due to the £ to $ exchange rate movement post Brexit.

The UK price of Son of Hugo is £400 more than its father.

Not complaining, just saying ......

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #67 of 22,546

I like the direction they are heading, they evolve the product while reducing the price.  

The reduction in price for those across the pond is due to the £ to $ exchange rate movement post Brexit.

The UK price of Son of Hugo is £400 more than its father.

Not complaining, just saying ......

It might surprise some people to hear that Hugo 2 may cost more to produce than Hugo 1.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #69 of 22,546
It might surprise some people to hear that Hugo 2 may cost more to produce than Hugo 1.

What I would like to know are the changes which have been made within the electronics of the new Unit compared to Hugo and also which parts of Dave and what proportion may have been sneaked into It whether in part of as a whole.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #70 of 22,546
With the improvements we should get feedback on the sound quality of Hugo 2 versus Mojo about a month before Poly hits the market.

It's good days for music lovers.

I'm very interested in hearing what Hugo 2 owners have to say about the upgrade's impact on sound quality.

I know you're a big fan of the Mojo, are you considering this as well Peter? How about the poly?

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #71 of 22,546
   I'd really like to see is something similar to the 2Qute...everything that the Hugo2 has minus the amp/battery. 

I'm sure Chord will eventually update the 2Qute as well.

Chord didn't say whether or not the Hugo 2 has Galvanic isolation or not so I'm suspecting it doesn't. If it doesn't that must mean they are working on an even higher end unit with more taps, and proccesing power. This should fill in the various price point gaps.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #72 of 22,546
  I'm sure Chord will eventually update the 2Qute as well.

Chord didn't say whether or not the Hugo 2 has Galvanic isolation or not so I'm suspecting it doesn't. If it doesn't that must mean they are working on an even higher end unit with more taps, and proccesing power. This should fill in the various price point gaps.

A 2Cute² and a Hugo TT² based on the Hugo² circuitry will certainly follow, maybe already this year. They have to.

Galvanic isolation for the Hugo² probably has been cancelled as it would have consumed too much power in addition to the 49,152 taps.

In my book the Hugo² is some hot device.
smile.gif
Best launch of the three.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #73 of 22,546
A 2Cute² and a Hugo TT² based on the Hugo² circuitry will certainly follow, maybe already this year. They have to.

Galvanic isolation for the Hugo² probably has been cancelled as it would have consumed too much power in addition to the 49,152 taps.

In my book the Hugo² is some hot device. :smile: Best launch of the three.

Now you can add Hugo 2 to your bedroom system and sell off the the Mojo and Hugo. Hugo 2 is an upgrade in every way to Mojo and Hugo.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #74 of 22,546
Rookie questions here- Could somebody please help me understand:

• The definition of "tap length of 49,152"?
  • If this is expected to be a unit that can do everything Mojo can do and then some, I'm assuming I should hold off on purchasing that Mojo?

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #75 of 22,546
Now you can add Hugo 2 to your bedroom system and sell off the the Mojo and Hugo. Hugo 2 is an upgrade in every way to Mojo and Hugo.

Seems like it. But Mojo is still handy for travelling and the like, although sonically I prefer the Hugo. That said, isn't the Hugo² overkill for a bedroom system? A good argument: It can also serve as a summer evening balcony system.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back