Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 11, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #22,441 of 22,475
Yes, and that works, and when combined operates as it should. Obviously it's very annoying to remove from the case, unscrew the 2go, and charge them separately every time the setup runs out of juice.
OK.
So you seem to be saying that charging Hugo2 + 2GO works OK:
Sorry if this sounds pedantic but for some questions, the devil is in the fine detail. :wink:
Some USB cables can be too high restistivity, so that they can handle charging a Hugo 2 on its own, but if you charge a H2Go then the Hugo2 gets priority, and the 2Go has to wait its turn.
We probably need to understand your use case in more detail. :slight_smile:

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #22,442 of 22,475
OK.
So you seem to be saying that charging Hugo2 + 2GO works OK:
Sorry if this sounds pedantic but for some questions, the devil is in the fine detail. :wink:
Some USB cables can be too high restistivity, so that they can handle charging a Hugo 2 on its own, but if you charge a H2Go then the Hugo2 gets priority, and the 2Go has to wait its turn.
We probably need to understand your use case in more detail. :slight_smile:
Hugo2 + 2go connected = only 2go charges
Hugo2 by itself = no problem, charges as expected
2go by itself = no problem, charges as expected

Operationally, everything works as expected when the both devices are fully charged.

My only issue is that when 2go is connected to Hugo2 and I want to charge them both. Only 2go charges, and the charging light on Hugo2 does not turn on / will not charge.

I suspect my issue is with my charger and/or the cable, which is why i'm looking for a verified cable/charger set up other users are using today that will charge Hugo2Go so I don't need to charge each unit separately.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #22,443 of 22,475
Any rumours of a Hugo 2 successor? The thing is still pretty great but I would love usbc and a 2Go with a better WiFi chip.

Hugo 2 was released in the now distant 2017…

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #22,444 of 22,475
Any rumours of a Hugo 2 successor? The thing is still pretty great but I would love usbc and a 2Go with a better WiFi chip.

Hugo 2 was released in the now distant 2017…
No rumors, and it's doubtful that a new one is in the works yet. I believe that Mr. Watts is still working on his top-end projects.

I'm also sure that Chord would like the 2go to go (hehe) a bit longer before replacing it, which came out in 2020.

I also would love a Hugo 3, which reaches towards the TT2 and has the EQ feature of the Mojo 2. I'll be one of the first in line for it. But I ain't holding my breath anytime soon.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #22,446 of 22,475

Operationally, everything works as expected when the both devices are fully charged.

My only issue is that when 2go is connected to Hugo2 and I want to charge them both. Only 2go charges, and the charging light on Hugo2 does not turn on / will not charge.

I suspect my issue is with my charger and/or the cable, which is why i'm looking for a verified cable/charger set up other users are using today that will charge Hugo2Go so I don't need to charge each unit separately.
Looks like the 2go isn't passing on the current to the Hugo2. Make sure your charger is a at least 2 to 3 Amps. You might want to connect with someone over at Chord electronics regarding this issue.

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #22,448 of 22,475

This describes my previous issue as well.
I suspect either your charger or cable isn’t passing a full 2 amps.
1 amp is more common for older chargers or cables and either Hugo 2 or 2 Go will charge independently with 1 amp.
Also I’ve found cables longer than 3 feet, even when rated for 2 amps, won’t work.
I’m using these now without issue:

UGREEN Nexode 45W USB C Charger, GaN PPS Charger Dual USB C Fast Charger Galaxy Super Fast Charging 2.0 Charger Compatible with Galaxy S24 S23 Ultra S22 A54, MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone15 14, Pixel
https://a.co/d/dT7N0AV

USB C to Micro USB Cable [1m] Nylon Braided Type C to Micro USB Cord Compatible with Galaxy S7/S6, HTC One/10 and More (Gray, 3ft)
https://a.co/d/2ZEwWVg

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #22,450 of 22,475
This describes my previous issue as well.
I suspect either your charger or cable isn’t passing a full 2 amps.
1 amp is more common for older chargers or cables and either Hugo 2 or 2 Go will charge independently with 1 amp.
Also I’ve found cables longer than 3 feet, even when rated for 2 amps, won’t work.
I’m using these now without issue:

UGREEN Nexode 45W USB C Charger, GaN PPS Charger Dual USB C Fast Charger Galaxy Super Fast Charging 2.0 Charger Compatible with Galaxy S24 S23 Ultra S22 A54, MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone15 14, Pixel
https://a.co/d/dT7N0AV

USB C to Micro USB Cable [1m] Nylon Braided Type C to Micro USB Cord Compatible with Galaxy S7/S6, HTC One/10 and More (Gray, 3ft)
https://a.co/d/2ZEwWVg
Thank you, I will try these and report back.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #22,451 of 22,475
so the stock charger/cable comes with H2 is not that great and you’re getting faster and more reliable results with others listed ? my stock charger works just fine but if theres a charger that can do the job quicker i’m all in
I got mine used and it didn't have a charger.
A few posts above, ErikV55 said he was having issues with 3rd party charging that mirrored issues I was having and referenced an earlier post of mine.
I was responding to that.
In my case Hugo2/2Go wouldn't charge with the white LED, or at all, with any of the cables I had.
I ended up purchasing 3 cables before I found one that worked.
Turns out not all cables that are advertised as being able to deliver 2 or more amps actually do.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #22,452 of 22,475
I got mine used and it didn't have a charger.
A few posts above, ErikV55 said he was having issues with 3rd party charging that mirrored issues I was having and referenced an earlier post of mine.
I was responding to that.
In my case Hugo2/2Go wouldn't charge with the white LED, or at all, with any of the cables I had.
I ended up purchasing 3 cables before I found one that worked.
Turns out not all cables that are advertised as being able to deliver 2 or more amps actually do.
Try a raspberry PI charger. Most deliver 3A

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #22,453 of 22,475

You have similar expectations to me.
However reality does not always deliver, so I use a simple USB dock, and then connect the USB cables to the dock.
Sadly this represents a workaround, but ultimately I prefer to use the dock, and ensure that everything is charged as I expect, and then the performance of Hugo2/2Go becomes more predictable.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #22,454 of 22,475
Can anyone take a picture of their Hugo2Go setup when it's plugged in and charging?

Messing around with a new charger + cable. 2Go shows it's charging. The LED light through the window on the unit has turned blue. Does that mean Hugo2 is charging as well? I thought it was the power button ball I want to turn blue.

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #22,455 of 22,475
Can anyone take a picture of their Hugo2Go setup when it's plugged in and charging?

Messing around with a new charger + cable. 2Go shows it's charging. The LED light through the window on the unit has turned blue. Does that mean Hugo2 is charging as well? I thought it was the power button ball I want to turn blue.
You want the Hugo 2 power button LED to be white if 2 Go is connected.
It can take a minute or so for it to go from blue to white.
Blue indicates a 1 amp charge. White is 2 amp.
Before I had this figured out and only had blue it would eventually charge if idle but if I used it while charging it would drain the battery.
I can’t show you a pic cause mine is currently in desktop mode.

Edit to add: If you connect the new charger to just Hugo 2 do you see a white LED?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back