Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
May 18, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #361 of 1,746
  Is anyone able to give an in depth review of their 2Qute? Thanks-C.

There is a review on the internet. I can not find the web address so maybe someone can help out?

My 2Qutes still breaking in. I left it playing Friday - Sunday evening. It sure sounds like there's an improvement. So last night I listened to the hi-rez version of 'Manu Katche - Live in Concert' and was totally blown away. The drum's thunder and the brass sounds real with my HD800's.

A Manu Katche Live in Concert drum solo -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_iWAtU4A8

Also if anyone missed it - my favorite Hugo vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJTlkidlYPg.

To be honest, you could probably read the review's of the Hugo. Everything I read seems to fit the 2Qute like a glove.

May 18, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #362 of 1,746

There is a review on the internet. I can not find the web address so maybe someone can help out?

My 2Qutes still breaking in. I left it playing Friday - Sunday evening. It sure sounds like there's an improvement. So last night I listened to the hi-rez version of 'Manu Katche - Live in Concert' and was totally blown away. The drum's thunder and the brass sounds real with my HD800's.

A Manu Katche Live in Concert drum solo -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_iWAtU4A8

Also if anyone missed it - my favorite Hugo vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJTlkidlYPg.

To be honest, you could probably read the review's of the Hugo. Everything I read seems to fit the 2Qute like a glove.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply! I imagined the 2Qute would be comparable with the Hugo.,Again,thank you! -C

May 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #363 of 1,746
  Is anyone able to give an in depth review of their 2Qute? Thanks-C.

Here is a good review link:

http://www.artsexcellence.com/downloads/reviews/chord.2qute.artsexcellence.english.pdf

May 19, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #365 of 1,746
Can any one tell me the Foobar configuration to 2Q.Now I am with Wiener Philharmoniker Valery Gergiev - Moussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition is SACD ISO : DST64 2700kbps /352800 Hz (sound very good) but the indicator ligh of 2Q  showme only green -indicator light sample rates 96...I suppose must be pink (352.8 sample rate) or cobalt (?) ->DSD.When I put youtube music thlight is blue ->176.4 sample rate.I have W7 and digital output configuration to Chord Async USB 44.1-384Hz....Why green to Foobar???

May 19, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #366 of 1,746
Does anyone know when we would ever want to use the ground connection on the back of the 2Qute? What exactly would be connected, I am wondering?
This is so you can earth your 2qute separately.you can get mains blocks with earth points on them.some people earth all their hi-fi separates like this,it can make your hi-fi sound better and also stop interference from other house old products,like fridges and so forth.

May 19, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #367 of 1,746
This is so you can earth your 2qute separately.you can get mains blocks with earth points on them.some people earth all their hi-fi separates like this,it can make your hi-fi sound better and also stop interference from other house old products,like fridges and so forth.

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking that it must be more of a common practice to ground electronics in the U.K. than here in the U.S. As far as I can tell, I haven't seen mains blocks with earth points that much here in the U.S. I'm not sure how we would connect the 2Qute ground to an earth point here.

May 19, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #369 of 1,746

As to USB with the galvanic isolation - well jury is still out, but what I can say is that previously I had very big differences with PC's and lap tops and I don't get that now. I have got some USB cables to listen too, and will report back. I have had this test lined up for a couple of months but getting Dave finished for Munich has been a bit scary with lots of 3 AM starts!

Rob

The Uptone Audio Regen is not galvanic isolation. It rebuilds the USB signal just at the point before it hits the USB receiver dac-side. So... new clean power, new clocking, new data signal. The working theory is that the new signal has high signal integrity and causes the receiver chip to be less stressed and therefore avoids propgating packet noise.

So far, there has been nearly universal thumbs up from a plethora of Dac owners. Its a tip, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

As to Mr Schneller...Uptone would NOT need any promotional help, as every batch has been sold out in days and any new orders now will be earliest delivery for July and that will likely sell out too. I can post my paypal receipt for $183 and change that I PAID for mine (delivery included) and felt darn lucky to get in on the first batch. I will gladly pay the addional $45 for the version 2 board that we early adopters have been offered (Regen Amber).

Right now the audio nervosa world is divided in 2.... those who have a Regen device and those who are curious/anticipating. LoL

May 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #371 of 1,746
And I smell a rat.

It seems its not possible to discuss things in a rational manner here. No need for genuflection. Rob is a talented designer, but he does not cover everything and USB is one area that is getting a new look nowadays and the feedback so far is overwhelming. Go to computeraudiophile forum and see for yourself.

My edited digital receipt, just in case you still have delusions of commercial ties:

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service® at the request of ALEX J CRESPI. A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com is scheduled to be shipped on 04/16/2015. If the "Shipped To" address information is not correct, please contact the Shipper.

Click-N-Ship® Shipping Details

Shipped from:Shipped to:
ALEX J CRESPI
UPTONE AUDIO LLC
4647 INDIAN PEAK RD
MARIPOSA CA 95338-9371
N

PA

Type of Service: Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box
Label Number: 9405 9036 9930XXXXXXX

Note To Recipient: Dear client: Your UpTone product is on its way to you.You can track it at USPS.com. Thank you again for your purchase! ALEX
To check on the delivery status of your package, please go to Track and Confirm at www.usps.com.

Dear N,

All of the items from order UA web #1024 have now been shipped:
P1080636_small.JPG
1x USB REGEN

May 19, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #372 of 1,746
Offtopic, but I gather Regen is similar to Schiit Wyrd, but almost twice as expensive.

May 19, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #373 of 1,746
No Wyrd is like iFi IPurifier/Larry Moore's aubique filter and the new Audioquest Jitterbug. Empirical's Shortblocks is sorta similar as well. All are passive, Regen is actively powered with its own Power supply.

REGEN is different. Its based on new discoveries from Swenson's experiments. He is rebuilding the USB signal from scratch to have high signal integrity just before it enters the Dac and so reduce/eliminate propogated packet noise.

I own Aubisque and iPurifier and neither has the immediately obvious impact as Regen.

May 19, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #374 of 1,746
No Wyrd is like iFi IPurifier/Larry Moore's aubique filter and the new Audioquest Jitterbug. Empirical's Shortblocks is sorta similar as well. All are passive, Regen is actively powered with its own Power supply.

REGEN is different. Its based on new discoveries from Swenson's experiments. He is rebuilding the USB signal from scratch to have high signal integrity just before it enters the Dac and so reduce/eliminate propogated packet noise.

I own Aubisque and iPurifier and neither has the immediately obvious impact as Regen.

Correction: Wyrd is active powered as well. Comes with adaptor. Wyrd also reclocks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724519/schiit-decrapifier-released-usb-power-isolator

May 19, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #375 of 1,746

How about a link so we can all see what your talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back