Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #18,466 of 19,019
Hi everyone.

I am lookinh for help here to make my new poly work.

When I try to cast qobuz to poly via bubbleupnp app on android smartphone, the sound is subject to continuous interruptions, it is not possible to listen to anything. At the beginning I thought this was happening only for hi res tracks, but it happens even with cd quality tracks.

If I try to cast qobuz to poly via uapp, the track won't even start.

Never had problems of bandwidth with my home wifi before. And even now it works because if I stream from qobuz from my smartphone with mojo 2 connected via usb (and uapp) the sound is perfectly normal.

Someone can help?

Thank you very much.
The Poly firmware does not contain casting capability, eg Google Cast.

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #18,468 of 19,019
So how should I have to proceed?
You need to let your app receive the input, and then transmit by wifi or whatever. There are 18000+ posts in this thread, so hopefully an owner will respond regarding your specific issue, but this type of question has been asked/answered many times in this thread, if you search for it. I apologise if you think I am being abrupt, but I have just finished my lunch and am enjoying a beer, but just wanted to point you in the right direction towards an answer. :wink:

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #18,469 of 19,019
You need to let your app receive the input, and then transmit by wifi or whatever. There are 18000+ posts in this thread, so hopefully an owner will respond regarding your specific issue, but this type of question has been asked/answered many times in this thread, if you search for it. I apologise if you think I am being abrupt, but I have just finished my lunch and am enjoying a beer, but just wanted to point you in the right direction towards an answer. :wink:
Thank you.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #18,470 of 19,019
Jan 28, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #18,471 of 19,019
Jan 28, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #18,472 of 19,019
Hi everyone.

When I try to cast qobuz to poly via bubbleupnp app on android smartphone, the sound is subject to continuous interruptions, it is not possible to listen to anything. At the beginning I thought this was happening only for hi res tracks, but it happens even with cd quality tracks.

Never had problems of bandwidth with my home wifi before. And even now it works because if I stream from qobuz from my smartphone with mojo 2 connected via usb (and uapp) the sound is perfectly normal.

Someone can help?

Thank you very much.

I use both UAPP and Bubble UPnP as you want to do with Qobuz. I don't have a skipping issue. I'm assuming you are signed in with Qobuz on both apps? You can't use the Qobuz app to stream to the poly directly as noted before.

As long as the Poly shows up as a DLNA endpoint, it should be easy to select and use.

I would delete both apps and reinstall them. Make sure your poly is updated to the latest firmware. Are you able to stream no Qobuz music to the Poly?

Jan 28, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #18,473 of 19,019
Don't forget to check your Wifi. Reset your router if you haven't done so yet. Also remeber the WiFi chip in the Poly is adequate but not great. Using your poly closer to the router to troubleshoot is wise.

If you have an apple device. Try Airplay to Poly.

DLNA and UPnP are pretty robust streaming protocols. Poor performance is usually due to WiFi strength whether it is a weak signal or signal interference.

The more information you post on what you've done to troubleshoot and what router you're using, the better we can help. But searching this thread for Bubble UPnP and UAPP is a good start.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #18,476 of 19,019
Thank you very much. I'll keep you posted.

I have e-mailed extreamsd (maker of uapp) about an issue with streaming qobuz via dlna to poly, they said it was under investigation. Please e-mail them with your issue between uapp and the poly as well, so they know there's more people using this combo and hopefully prioritise fixing it.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #18,477 of 19,019
Hi everyone.

Someone can help?

Thank you very much.
Is the Poly connected to the phone's hotspot or is the Poly in hotspot mode?

Welcome to the frustrations of getting Poly to work in either scenario.

I use Speedify (https://speedify.com/) to get a reliable connection, AFAIK it is the only VPN to allow this: "combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection" this is exactly what we need for Poly to work properly when streaming from the Internet.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #18,478 of 19,019
I have a question for you, I keep my Poly still with firmware 3.0.0, I never wanted to upgrade it as for my use of it, it works perfectly and does not give me any problem.

I use it mainly outdoor connected via WiFi to my phone and listen to music stored in the mSD via MPD App (MAFA Client), at home I use it with Roon or Audirvana (of course when I switch between players I have to switch between "Roon" and "Everything Else" (UPnP) from GoFigure as version 3.0.0 still forces me to have to do that, of course it also works in Everything Else mode with Roon but in Roon mode it works better.

The only problem I'm experiencing is that with Audirvana and with Poly in Everything Else mode the progress transport bar doesn't work, everything else works: Audio, play, pause, stop, back, forward, but the transport bar just doesn't want to know about working, the same thing happens with UPnP Apps from mobile (UAPP)

The strange thing is that if I keep Everything Else mode and go to Roon, the transport bar works fine of course it is not as responsive as when Poly is in Roon mode but it works correctly, but with Audirvana it does not work.

I would like to ask those who have upgraded to the latest firmware versions if they still experience the same problem with Audirvana or does the firmware update fix this bug.

In reality I'm a bit afraid of updating because for everything else Poly works excellently, especially with the mSD via MPD client it's perfect, it connects immediately and allows me to listen to my music straight away and I don't want to lose the excellence on this feature (it often happens that an update will improve some things but worsen others). Therefore I also ask those who use Poly via the MPD protocol if updating it continues to work correctly.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #18,479 of 19,019
Therefore I also ask those who use Poly via the MPD protocol if updating it continues to work correctly.
I’m on 3.2.1 and use MPDluxe on iOS to play files directly from the SD card (vs DLNA which does a network roundtrip.)

Sounds great and I haven’t had any issues.

I also recently discovered that MPDluxe can be used to save playlists on the SD card for playback from Gofigure. Less fiddly than Cantata.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #18,480 of 19,019
I’m on 3.2.1 and use MPDluxe on iOS to play files directly from the SD card (vs DLNA which does a network roundtrip.)

Sounds great and I haven’t had any issues.

I also recently discovered that MPDluxe can be used to save playlists on the SD card for playback from Gofigure. Less fiddly than Cantata.
Yes, even with other MPD Apps it is possible to create playlists to be made visible within GoFigure, however I don't like this function as I always have my phone with me and I prefer to use the MPD Apps, you would have the opportunity to try your updated Poly with Audirvana and check the correct functioning of the progress transport bar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back