Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #18,376 of 19,077
Yes that could be the case, the Poly needs to be connected to the Mojo 1 to update the Poly firmware to V3, and V3 seems to be a requirement to connect the Poly to the Mojo 2
Is there a way to tell if this is the case because my Mojo 1 turns on but isn't being recognized by devices that's why I got the Mojo 2. Is a blinking blue light a sign of it not being updated to v2/3?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #18,378 of 19,077
Dec 21, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #18,379 of 19,077
Yes I've read the manual. The blinking blue light means it's trying to connect to a previous WiFi point but how can I set it to access point mode so I can connect a new WiFi to it?
You need to use the janky little app called "Go Figure".
It connects (with a bit of luck) over BluTooth to the Poly to allow U to set it up initially.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #18,380 of 19,077
...when I say 'janky' I mean it. For example, there are occasions when it tells you need to exit the app to complete a task except... they didn't include a means to actually close the app.
There are a couple of setting which, if U change them, cause the app to close, otherwise it's a case of going to phone's home screen and 'killing' the process with a 'Force Stop'.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #18,381 of 19,077
Yes I've read the manual. The blinking blue light means it's trying to connect to a previous WiFi point but how can I set it to access point mode so I can connect a new WiFi to it?
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.27.09 PM.png

You are going to have to go back to the old ways using the configure button. Unless the previous owner can tell you what FW the poly was on. It would not be surprising if it wasn't updated to the 3.x firmware. I took a snapshot of the config button instructions, a factory reset should get you back up and running. The poly should work fine with the Mojo 2 regardless of FW. I sold my poly with FW 2.x and it worked without issue with the Mojo2. I'm unsure about prior firmware as the 2.0 has been out for several years. Unless the previous owner had it sitting in a drawer for the past 5 years, it should be on FW 2.0 or later. Prior to FW 2.0, it was holy hell to update the poly. You'll have to go back in this thread to the beginning and start reading.

If you are using android, there is an alternative way to access the poly. But it sounds like a factory reset using the configure button should be the first thing. Good luck.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #18,382 of 19,077
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.27.09 PM.png

You are going to have to go back to the old ways using the configure button. Unless the previous owner can tell you what FW the poly was on. It would not be surprising if it wasn't updated to the 3.x firmware. I took a snapshot of the config button instructions, a factory reset should get you back up and running. The poly should work fine with the Mojo 2 regardless of FW. I sold my poly with FW 2.x and it worked without issue with the Mojo2. I'm unsure about prior firmware as the 2.0 has been out for several years. Unless the previous owner had it sitting in a drawer for the past 5 years, it should be on FW 2.0 or later. Prior to FW 2.0, it okaywas holy hell to update the poly. You'll have to go back in this thread to the beginning and start reading.

If you are using android, there is an alternative way to access the poly. But it sounds like a factory reset using the configure button should be the first thing. Good luck.
I am using android. What is the alternative method?

I am trying to factory reset. So from my understanding I need to press the config button 6 times and then hold for 3 seconds?

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #18,384 of 19,077

I am trying to factory reset. So from my understanding I need to press the config button 6 times and then hold for 3 seconds?
If your Poly firmware is old, then using the config button may be the easiest way to achieve the reset.
Have you plugged in some iems/headphones, to listen to the guidance as you press the config button?

There is also a lot of useful info in the official FAQ

If you are still unsuccessful after trying the config button, then the best option is normally to email chord support, and usually they will talk owners through how to correct settings/firmware versions etc.
There is the proviso at this time of year, about when chord support starts its christmas holiday, so there is always a risk that support may be slow or unavailable until everyone returns in january.

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #18,385 of 19,077

There is a button at the bottom of the gofigure app screen when you first open it that selects either connection method normal or connection method alternate.

As for the config button, read the screenshot I posted. you need to have the mojo connected and headphones connected. You can't just press config 6 times and hold for 3 seconds. You have to hear the prompt to confirm the mode after 5 seconds and then press the button to confirm. It is a true pain, but it will get the poly to factory reset. You may need to repeat this a couple times.

The poly is not a user friendly device pre FW 3.0. No one can really talk you through your specific issues because there are many other factors that could be at fault here. You unfortunately will have to read through the earlier threads to figure out what your particular issue may or may not be. But, a factory reset should do the trick.

Dec 21, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #18,386 of 19,077
There is a button at the bottom of the gofigure app screen when you first open it that selects either connection method normal or connection method alternate.

As for the config button, read the screenshot I posted. you need to have the mojo connected and headphones connected. You can't just press config 6 times and hold for 3 seconds. You have to hear the prompt to confirm the mode after 5 seconds and then press the button to confirm. It is a true pain, but it will get the poly to factory reset. You may need to repeat this a couple times.

The poly is not a user friendly device pre FW 3.0. No one can really talk you through your specific issues because there are many other factors that could be at fault here. You unfortunately will have to read through the earlier threads to figure out what your particular issue may or may not be. But, a factory reset should do the trick.
So apparently it was updated to V2. I connected headphones to the Mojo 2 and pressed the config button but didn't hear any prompts. Not sure what else I can do

Dec 21, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #18,387 of 19,077
So apparently it was updated to V2. I connected headphones to the Mojo 2 and pressed the config button but didn't hear any prompts. Not sure what else I can do

Try Chord support then. My OG poly had no issues with mojo2 on v2. Hopefully you bought it from a reputable seller.

Otherwise try iOS version gofigure.

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #18,388 of 19,077
Hi. I’m new to the Mojo2 world and enjoying it. I have a Poly on the way and after reading some of the posts here I’m a bit worried about setting it up. I’m never sure if issues are still relevant with the latest firmware updates. Does anyone here have experience connecting an updated Poly to a wifi network whose SSID includes a special character (in my case my wifi name includes a #)? Seems that is or was a real problem. Am I going to have to rename my network to get this Poly connected? That would be a major pain…

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #18,389 of 19,077
Hi. I’m new to the Mojo2 world and enjoying it. I have a Poly on the way and after reading some of the posts here I’m a bit worried about setting it up. I’m never sure if issues are still relevant with the latest firmware updates. Does anyone here have experience connecting an updated Poly to a wifi network whose SSID includes a special character (in my case my wifi name includes a #)? Seems that is or was a real problem. Am I going to have to rename my network to get this Poly connected? That would be a major pain…
Don't worry. I would say most people get them setup in a hour or less. If unfortunately you get stuck, feel free to come back here :)

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #18,390 of 19,077
Just tested by creating a hotspot called #otspot, and it connects. fw 3.2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back