Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 11, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #17,101 of 19,016
I also have the same WiFi mesh system. I use Roon. In my experience, I have to turn off the satellite or I get drop outs. BTW, both the 850s are connected via wired ethernet as are my Roon Core and NAS file server.
I should probably check if my Roon client (on my MacBook Pro or my iPhone) actually switches from to one or the other satellite as I move around the house. I suspect so because I added the satellites when my internet signal didn't fill the house with just the one 850 alone.

May 11, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #17,102 of 19,016
Awesome, thanks! I'm using my iPhone (iOS 15.4.1) and iPad (iPadOS 15.4.1) and the stock Apple Music app.
I wasn't able to find anyway to have the volume stick to 100% for an iPhone or iPad. You might just have to cope with this annoyance.

I rarely use Music, preferring Glider for its superior interface. Glider will require a network connection to the Poly (as does AirPlay) and will automatically import any songs in Music. There are other apps as well. Of course, if you're streaming Apple Music, you'll have to use the Music app and be annoyed.

sorry about that!! :triportsad:

May 11, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #17,103 of 19,016
Is there any additional benefit of using an MPD server instead of UpNP? I've just got my Poly up and running with my M2 and Hi-Fi Cast app is working great playing from my NAS. MPD seems like a ball-ache to set up on a NAS so I'm curious why you'd go through all that when an app seems to do the job virtually instantly? I'm assuming that with BitPerfect set to 'On' the Poly/M2 is processing (DSD) files without any loss?

Another coll feature of the Hi_fi Cast app is the use of Shoutcast radio (since the GoFigure radio function seems a bit shonky to me).
I prefer MPD over UPnP, but only when playing from the local SD card. If you disconnect wifi, with MPD music keeps playing, with UPnP it stops. So my guess is with UPnP the bits somehow get sent over the network (to the router and back). With MPD it’s all local. But MPD is indeed a fiddle and for iOS mConnect is a much nicer UI (with Qobuz integration) than MPDluxe.

Roon for Poly is a nice UX, but lots of people on the DAVE forum believe the audio quality is inferior to other solutions (notably LMS/Squeezelite). I agree and find Roon ‘veiled’ on my M Scaler/DAVE rig, but don’t notice it on MojoPoly. It’s a subtle enough difference that people should do their own listening tests.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #17,104 of 19,016
I have the M2 and Poly and use a Nucleus connected to my Orbi 850 mesh system by ethernet cable and all work great together. I have two Orbi Satellites as well and moving around the house presents no problems. Others have reported problems with using a mesh network, however. How are things going for you?
No, haven't received the Poly yet. Should be with me any day. Will return as soon as I have the unit set up.

May 12, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #17,105 of 19,016
I prefer MPD over UPnP, but only when playing from the local SD card. If you disconnect wifi, with MPD music keeps playing, with UPnP it stops. So my guess is with UPnP the bits somehow get sent over the network (to the router and back). With MPD it’s all local. But MPD is indeed a fiddle and for iOS mConnect is a much nicer UI (with Qobuz integration) than MPDluxe.

Roon for Poly is a nice UX, but lots of people on the DAVE forum believe the audio quality is inferior to other solutions (notably LMS/Squeezelite). I agree and find Roon ‘veiled’ on my M Scaler/DAVE rig, but don’t notice it on MojoPoly. It’s a subtle enough difference that people should do their own listening tests.
Apparently if you buy a $30k streamer Roon sounds good. YMMV.
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits...-synergy-trumped-individual-components-r1100/

May 13, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #17,106 of 19,016
Hi there, new Poly user here, and already having a big headache... I just easily connected it to my wifi network at home, but I am wondering how I will reconfigure the Poly for a different wifi network anywhere outside of my home. Will this reconfiguration involve putting it again in Access Point mode, or will it be enough to use the gofigure app?

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #17,107 of 19,016
Hi there, new Poly user here, and already having a big headache... I just easily connected it to my wifi network at home, but I am wondering how I will reconfigure the Poly for a different wifi network anywhere outside of my home. Will this reconfiguration involve putting it again in Access Point mode, or will it be enough to use the gofigure app?
You can use the Go Figure app, once Poly is connected tap on Network and you can switch between configured networks or add a new one.

May 13, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #17,108 of 19,016
You can use the Go Figure app, once Poly is connected tap on Network and you can switch between configured networks or add a new one.
Wonderful, thanks so much!

Now the only problem seems to be that 8 Player Pro only reads my SD card until the letter S. Not that I'm always in the mood to listen to Tom Waits, Vijay Iyer or Yo La Tengo, but it would be nice to have the option to do so :)

May 13, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #17,109 of 19,016
I wasn't able to find anyway to have the volume stick to 100% for an iPhone or iPad. You might just have to cope with this annoyance.

I rarely use Music, preferring Glider for its superior interface. Glider will require a network connection to the Poly (as does AirPlay) and will automatically import any songs in Music. There are other apps as well. Of course, if you're streaming Apple Music, you'll have to use the Music app and be annoyed.

sorry about that!! :triportsad:
No problem at all. Thank you for checking!

May 13, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #17,110 of 19,016
Aaargh…25 minute indexing, each time i turnit on for tye last 4 consecutive power-ons.

no removal of card, no accessing with cantata. Grumble grumble whine whine complain complain…first world problems

May 14, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #17,111 of 19,016
Aaargh…25 minute indexing, each time i turnit on for tye last 4 consecutive power-ons.

no removal of card, no accessing with cantata. Grumble grumble whine whine complain complain…first world problems
I had troubles with the first SD card I used with the Poly where it would index each time I turned it on but the problem did solve itself with a different card (albeit a more expensive one). Now, all is fine and I'm a very happy Mojo/Poly user.

May 14, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #17,112 of 19,016
I had troubles with the first SD card I used with the Poly where it would index each time I turned it on but the problem did solve itself with a different card (albeit a more expensive one). Now, all is fine and I'm a very happy Mojo/Poly user.
Thx. I just did the same this morning, and tested cycling after the first indexing and it seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it was a bad microsd card.

Appreciate the reply.

May 14, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #17,113 of 19,016
Hey there,

Thinking about picking up a poly and have gleaned this thread with conflicting results. Does the poly support Spotify connect yet?

I am an android user so not keen on changing to Apple to get airplay support.

Sorry I am sure everyone is sick of hearing this question. But I have twins and I am out of time searching lol

May 14, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #17,114 of 19,016
Hey there,

Thinking about picking up a poly and have gleaned this thread with conflicting results. Does the poly support Spotify connect yet?

Sorry I am sure everyone is sick of hearing this question. But I have twins and I am out of time searching lol
No Spotify Connect support. Having owned the poly for over a year or so I would not recommend it. The Chromecast Audio or my Hiby R3 act as better transports than the poly.

May 14, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #17,115 of 19,016
Hey there,

There is probably more convenient devices out there, if you’re busy and need a grab and go multifunctional solution, then maybe there are more convenient options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back