Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #14,431 of 19,016
@Matt Bartlett nitpicking again, the new updated app on Android needs relaunching if the Poly's Airplane/Bluetooth mode is toggled. It was in real time before and didn't have to relaunch the app. Could this be reverted back?
Thanks, Ven

Hi Ven. I'll take a look and see why this has changed. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #14,432 of 19,016
What is the latest firmware update for Poly? I got a notification that a firmware update is available yesterday (2.08) but I am still on 2.06. @Matt Bartlett
On a separate note, Rigelian is a-m-a-z-i-n-g with the Poly- switching tracks is instantaneous. This is probably the best I have ever seen Poly perform.

I would strongly advise any iOS users to give it a go. My usual go-to mConnect started acting weird after I got the paid version last night though.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #14,433 of 19,016
What is the latest firmware update for Poly? I got a notification that a firmware update is available yesterday (2.08) but I am still on 2.06. @Matt Bartlett
On a separate note, Rigelian is a-m-a-z-i-n-g with the Poly- switching tracks is instantaneous. This is probably the best I have ever seen Poly perform.

I would strongly advise any iOS users to give it a go. My usual go-to mConnect started acting weird after I got the paid version last night though.

Hi Nick,
This must be a glitch. There is no new firmware for Poly yet. Can you PM your Poly number and we will check.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #14,434 of 19,016
Hi Nick,
This must be a glitch. There is no new firmware for Poly yet. Can you PM your Poly number and we will check.

Sure- do you mean serial number?

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #14,436 of 19,016
No I need the WiFi number when Poly is in hotspot mode.

Will try and get this over to you this evening. Any news on when the next firmware update is coming and what is included?

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #14,437 of 19,016

On Rigelian, I fully agree. I've been playing around with it for the last few days. The app loads super fast, sounds great, and the artwork (despite a few issues as I'm still on the learning curve) is the best that I've seen with the Poly. I signed up for the paid version as well and it looks like a real keeper. I encourage others to give it a try.

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #14,439 of 19,016
I have shared some impressions with the Chord Poly from my last trip. It's a (sporadically humorous) short reminder of its limitations. Enjoy!

*Link removed because apparently I am an idiot.*

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #14,440 of 19,016
I have shared some impressions with the Chord Poly from my last trip. It's a (sporadically humorous) short reminder of its limitations. Enjoy!

Be Wary When Travelling With the Chord Poly

I'm confused. Why didn't you set Poly to hotspot mode (not the phone) and connect to it with your phone via wifi? You could've played out of the sd card that way.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #14,442 of 19,016
I'm confused. Why didn't you set Poly to hotspot mode (not the phone) and connect to it with your phone via wifi? You could've played out of the sd card that way.
Now I'm confused. Is that supposed to work? I have tried it multiple times and contacted Chord for help but I cannot access anything except for the pre v2.0 settings menu (which does not even allow me to change the settings). So I thought the only way to make it work is to put your phone into hotspot.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #14,443 of 19,016
Now I'm confused. Is that supposed to work? I have tried it multiple times and contacted Chord for help but I cannot access anything except for the pre v2.0 settings menu (which does not even allow me to change the settings). So I thought the only way to make it work is to put your phone into hotspot.

Switch Poly into Hotspot mode. Connect with your iphone in a hybrid mode to Poly's WIFI and enjoy your music. Either thru Airplay, Music apps accessing SD content, even Gofigure still works in that setting ( No Internet required )

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #14,444 of 19,016
Tidal and Qobuz are out though.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #14,445 of 19,016
Tidal and Qobuz are out though.

Yes, if you don't have an iPhone, which can do AirPlay. It's what I'm struggling with right now, because I have an Android and don't want iPhone. I have a trip coming up and am hesitant to even take Poly, because I won't be able to use my Tidal downloads. TBH, if Google Cast support remains indefinite, I may sell off my Poly and go with a different solution, as much as I don't want to. The purpose is defeated if I can't access most of my music selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back