Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #8,778 of 18,893
Why does everyone like Glider so much? What does it do that BubbleUpnp or an MPD player doesn't?
I can't answer regarding the functionality, but I think that part of the answer is that @joe28 has proactively acted as the focal point between the glider development team and the poly owners, enabling the development team to gradually implement many of the functionalities required by users, into the glider app. I believe that this collaboration via social media has proved a good showcase for this style of app development. If you are interested in trying glider, then ask @joe28 to add tou to the beta test program;

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #8,779 of 18,893
Sorry can you point me to where I said that I don’t recall it and if I did it may be out of context as since the earliest days of developement we knew we were not including aptX as we had neither the space enough inside poly and we also knew that as Apple phones Don’t encode it that ithey would have sounded worse if we had included it. Bluetooth for Audio transmission with Poly is truly a last resort in quality terms and there are so many other better and more logical WiFi and for Apple airplay transmission methods. I wonder why don’t you just load up an SD with a playlist and if you don’t want the use WiFi simply use the bluetooth how it’s meant to be used ... for set up and control.
Since "Airplane/Bluetooth Mode" is officially released with Gofigure, I really appreciate the introduction of Quickplay function in this app. It's simple, fast and responsive, and the SQ is superb in Airplane/Bluetooth Mode without any interferences from WiFi signal . However, this also means one can not expect the same user experience offered by some MPD or DLNA clients apps. The thing is for most OTG scenarios these apps rely on the wifi network either provided by the hotspot generated by the smartphone or by the Poly. Once the network is established, one can use these apps plus airplay for iOS and BubbleUpnp for android. But it comes with two potential downsides. First, hot spot mode drains battery really FAST. One might have to prepare himself a power bank for OTG if he can not charge his phone or Mojo/Poly within a day. Second, if the power consumption is not the issue, other limitations of Hotspot Mode do exists. For example, if someone is on the plane where theoretically he can't create any hotspots, neither via smartphone nor via Poly, the only options left are Quickplay and Bluetooth. In regard to SQ I know Bluetooth sucks, but for some audio sources that are already in compressed format, such as offline contents of Apple Music or Spotify, the bluetooth audio streaming is not that bad when AAC or Aptx is applied (well, SBC is another story...). I once consulted a technician who said since Apple Music have already used 256Kbps AAC for all their music contents, the offline music files in Apple Music app would not necessarily be re-encoded when AAC codec is applied for Bluetooth streaming, which might means "no loss" in SQ during the Bluetooth transmission.

In general, the mojo+poly+gofigure combo has made a fantastic user experience that I have never enjoyed through other products before. I just hope Aptx/AAC codecs can be reconsidered by Chord if technical difficulties are not the issues.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #8,780 of 18,893
Since "Airplane/Bluetooth Mode" is officially released with Gofigure, I really appreciate the introduction of Quickplay function in this app. It's simple, fast and responsive, and the SQ is superb in Airplane/Bluetooth Mode without any interferences from WiFi signal . However, this also means one can not expect the same user experience offered by some MPD or DLNA clients apps. The thing is for most OTG scenarios these apps rely on the wifi network either provided by the hotspot generated by the smartphone or by the Poly. Once the network is established, one can use these apps plus airplay for iOS and BubbleUpnp for android. But it comes with two potential downsides. First, hot spot mode drains battery really FAST. One might have to prepare himself a power bank for OTG if he can not charge his phone or Mojo/Poly within a day. Second, if the power consumption is not the issue, other limitations of Hotspot Mode do exists. For example, if someone is on the plane where theoretically he can't create any hotspots, neither via smartphone nor via Poly, the only options left are Quickplay and Bluetooth. In regard to SQ I know Bluetooth sucks, but for some audio sources that are already in compressed format, such as offline contents of Apple Music or Spotify, the bluetooth audio streaming is not that bad when AAC or Aptx is applied (well, SBC is another story...). I once consulted a technician who said since Apple Music have already used 256Kbps AAC for all their music contents, the offline music files in Apple Music app would not necessarily be re-encoded when AAC codec is applied for Bluetooth streaming, which might means "no loss" in SQ during the Bluetooth transmission.

In general, the mojo+poly+gofigure combo has made a fantastic user experience that I have never enjoyed through other products before. I just hope Aptx/AAC codecs can be reconsidered by Chord if technical difficulties are not the issues.
Using you phone’s hot spot mode for control really does not unduly drain your phone’s battery and using Polys drains it even less it’s in the order of a few milliwatts over all which makes little difference to your phones actual playing times. Opinions are not facts.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #8,781 of 18,893
I tried simple and extended, I even formatted the sd card again exfat. I then threw a few hundred gigs onto it and imported into jriver, I then select send to option and then playlist and then I chose simple to start with.

I took the sd card out of my monitor and stuck it into a turned off poly, started up poly and for a few minutes it started indexing, lights were flashing red green blue, once stopped I checked gofigure, it saw the name of the playlist but no music.

Took the sd card out of poly and stuck it back into my monitor and noticed that poly had written a few files, artwork zip/rar, dlna something and another one or two.
I then deleted those files and stuck it in poly again, same thing happened again so I went back to my pc, deleted those files and also the m3u playlist files.

I then went back to jriver mc23, havent upgraded to 24 yet, anyway back in jriver I chose extended this time and same thing happened.

I tried the refresh dnla option in gofigures settings, it indexed but no joy.

In the end I went into glider and chose genre and manually made a playlist that way and it now works in gofigure, however some of my songs are showing as.

Http://192.168.1.6:8200/mediaitems/2052.mp3

I know before anyone says it, “haha you have mp3s”, its only a handful because I cannot find any linux distro originals on usenet.

If JRiver simple m3u playlists should work on poly I will try it again, as I am not sure if all my music was added to the glider playlist as I took the easiest/quickest way to make the playlist, I just selected genre and added each one, so their is probably a good few files missing.

I will start over by wiping the sd card and adding everything back onto it. I originally just added everything inside L:/ could it be the fact that the music was not in its own directory e.g L: /My Music/ That caused this to happen .

Don't apologise for having MP3 files. Mojo plays digitally encoded music. For me it amazes me most with how it reproduces lower quality audio. Mojo makes MP3s sound like real music. Great for songs I can't get in any other format

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #8,782 of 18,893
I thought aptX support was dropped and only a2dp was implemented?
You are correct. Unfortunately I can not ever recall indicating that Poly as finally envisioned would have aptX as we could not fit an aptX module Bluetooth module inside they are all far to large being about as large as the total space we required for everything we needed to pack inside and as apple products do not have aptX encoding it seemed point less as Poly has so many other options for music transfer.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #8,783 of 18,893
Dignis have launched their MojoPoly case:

199_shop1_778047.jpg

http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/unio-mojo-poly-leather-case/199/?cate_no=85&display_group=1

Looks really nicely made but pretty sure I'd get annoyed having to open it to adjust the volume.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #8,784 of 18,893
Using you phone’s hot spot mode for control really does not unduly drain your phone’s battery and using Polys drains it even less it’s in the order of a few milliwatts over all which makes little difference to your phones actual playing times. Opinions are not facts.
Thank you for your explanation.

Have you ever scientifically tested the power consumption in both hotspot modes(created by smartphone or Poly) on a regular usage basis? From my personal experience, it drains battery obviously faster in hotspot mode than in Bluetooth-only mode, even if I only use the MPD client app for playback control. If I use airplay to play offline contents of Apple Muisc and Tidal (no cellular data streaming), it drains battery even faster.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #8,785 of 18,893
You are correct. Unfortunately I can not ever recall indicating that Poly as finally envisioned would have aptX as we could not fit an aptX module Bluetooth module inside they are all far to large being about as large as the total space we required for everything we needed to pack inside and as apple products do not have aptX encoding it seemed point less as Poly has so many other options for music transfer.
So how about AAC codec? I am pretty sure Apple does support it.

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #8,786 of 18,893
I’m a little confused, does airplay for ios devices work without the need for both devices to connect to a common wifi network? I just want to stream stuff from my idevices via airplay to the poly connected to my stereo. Using stock ios music app.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #8,787 of 18,893
Sadly I'm not seeing a hint of Poly anywhere as a renderer on BubbleUPnP lately, meaning no access to Tidal streaming. Any 'Droid users using DNLA successfully on BubbleUPnP since the latest firmware update? I"m limited to M.A.L.P (MPD), which is the most reliable gapless playback option at the moment.

Yes, I have a LOT of googlecast devices in my home and it would be amazing for Poly to work as a googlecast device...
Bubble.jpg

Bubble.jpg

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #8,788 of 18,893
I toggled the airplane mode in the GoFigure app and now my Poly is no longer responsive and is stuck at a solid blue light. Turning Mojo off did not result in Poly shutting off by itself.

I now can't detect Poly's WIFI nor can I detect it via the GoFigure app.

The config tool using the pin is also not working. Poly is frozen.

Connecting the Poly to a power source does not change the display light to white.

This is quite frustrating. What should I do to remedy this?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #8,790 of 18,893
I toggled the airplane mode in the GoFigure app and now my Poly is no longer responsive and is stuck at a solid blue light. Turning Mojo off did not result in Poly shutting off by itself.

I now can't detect Poly's WIFI nor can I detect it via the GoFigure app.

The config tool using the pin is also not working. Poly is frozen.

Connecting the Poly to a power source does not change the display light to white.

This is quite frustrating. What should I do to remedy this?
Let it drain to flat then charge it up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back