Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #5,596 of 19,075
Thank you.

Sometimes, though rare, it will connect immediately. Most times it is about 15 min.

Sometimes poly status light will not go off, and yesterday, it actually blinked three colors. I have switched mojos too.

When the dust settles, I think fans will be happy.

Blinking 3 colors (red-green-blue) means Poly is indexing the SD card.

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #5,597 of 19,075
I'm waiting patiently and done fussing with Poly until replacements come as indicated.

However, to comment on your post, that is one of my favorite albums by my favorite artist/guitarist. I can listen to Knopfler all day; just not on my MojoPoly as yet.

I'm waiting now too despite Chord having the ability to solve my problems (which is by replacing my Chord Mojo).

At some point, I wonder if it is not better to return my Poly and go for the 2GO for my Chord Hugo 2 instead since my Poly still isn't functioning correctly in January 2018. The Chord Hugo 2 actually fits in my jacket so it's doable as a portable DAC.

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,599 of 19,075
I got bored and being a masochist by nature I decided to play around with Poly (a.k.a. Folly?) again. So no luck with anything and now with set up I can't even save the Poly Network ID name. Every time it'll say save is okay yet when I go to my network settings Poly will appear as "Poly-791527676". The drawer the MojoPoly goes into is starting to wear out due to the amount of times I've been opening/closing it.

Also, the first time I powered on Mojo the Poly would not turn on. I shut the Mojo off after about 10 minutes and as soon as I that the Poly light flashed on. So turned the Mojo back on and Poly stayed on. Doesn't matter really since I can't listen the stubborn thing anyway. :frowning2:

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #5,600 of 19,075
From Time to Time there is a need to tell the world (and the people on this thread) that a lot of polys out there are working daily! I still could not complain about mine. Use it daily and currently betatesting Gilder App 1.7 with DSD-Support. Awesome to say the least! Playing dsf-Files with Glider is total dope!

Only complain that i have is that the sound is so breathtakingly good that i could not walk far enough with it because it brings me always down to my knees after a few steps. So better sit down, lend your partner a good pair of cans (i have Sennheisers HD 700) and dream away!

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #5,601 of 19,075
^
You're living the Dream, polymaniac!

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #5,602 of 19,075
I got bored and being a masochist by nature I decided to play around with Poly (a.k.a. Folly?) again. So no luck with anything and now with set up I can't even save the Poly Network ID name. Every time it'll say save is okay yet when I go to my network settings Poly will appear as "Poly-791527676". The drawer the MojoPoly goes into is starting to wear out due to the amount of times I've been opening/closing it.

Also, the first time I powered on Mojo the Poly would not turn on. I shut the Mojo off after about 10 minutes and as soon as I that the Poly light flashed on. So turned the Mojo back on and Poly stayed on. Doesn't matter really since I can't listen the stubborn thing anyway. :frowning2:
This is frustrating! you’ve obviously got in access point mode so you’ll never be able to connect to your network please pm Matt your dealer phone number so that we can help you. We feel you definitely need more help.

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #5,603 of 19,075

Are you positive you don’t have the “keep in hotspot mode” box checked?

Jan 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5,604 of 19,075
From Time to Time there is a need to tell the world (and the people on this thread) that a lot of polys out there are working daily! I still could not complain about mine. Use it daily and currently betatesting Gilder App 1.7 with DSD-Support. Awesome to say the least! Playing dsf-Files with Glider is total dope!

Only complain that i have is that the sound is so breathtakingly good that i could not walk far enough with it because it brings me always down to my knees after a few steps. So better sit down, lend your partner a good pair of cans (i have Sennheisers HD 700) and dream away!
Yes, +1 here. Despite a single failed start and the initially displaced light tube I enjoy mine almost daily with no issues whatsoever. The truth is I left it always in Roon mode and kept it home, the pin ritual kills it for me, so I'll wait for the app. However, I really enjoy Poly and can't listen without it! Wire free HI-FI Roon and Mojo SQ all around the house is really amazing! Sometimes I just skipped listening sessions being too tired to do the desktop ritual. Now I just lay in bed with this setup, music flows and I wake up hours later trying to remember the very last track I was aware of... It's just so relaxing and so dream like tripping that I wake up dumb smiling every time. Roon also keeps the genre, I don't trip away with jazz and wake up in the middle of some Amon Amarth viking Wars if my album ends and the music goes on. I also love heavy radioactive metals, but don't know about the smile part if falling asleep with Diana Krall I would wake up in Slayer's Reign of blood or smth. All in all, thanks Chord for a new dimension of enjoying music, it's a different experience for me since Poly. I did use to fall asleep before with different Bluetooth headphones or players, but to relax indeed I tend to focus on sounds, details, airness and all the times I ended up just thinking how bad it sounds instead of relaxing and floating away..
If my Poly or Mojo would die on me I'm totally sure I'd buy them again, with ie800 for me it's supreme. I don't hear my music, I'm feeling it. I do have other toys around, HD800, iBasso R10, a Matrix amp, some good stuff for my level, I'm not a rich person, but with this combo I do forget all the rest, naturally.
By the way, the "itching" doesn't go away! No Sir! Far from Nirvana! :))) I still want to buy stuff, I'm still in heavy addiction, it's just that with this setup I do have a solid relaxing place in all the storm around. And I will buy some..and then sell some (but not those) and loose money again. I was thinking to sell all the rest at one point, 99% of the listening time is only in this setup.

Jan 7, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #5,605 of 19,075
Took some doing to get there, but I am an almost completely happy camper.

Finally got firmware updated to .10. I get immediate power-up. If I remember to turn on mobile hot spot on my iPhone 8 before powering on Mojo/Poly, it connects within seconds. Connect iPad to iPhone via mobile hot spot, turn off Bluetooth so that the connections are by Wi-Fi, and I can play anything on either device or SD card at 44.1/16. Love the sound I get from Mojo and Noble Sage.

Beefs? Two, neither of which are Chord’s doing. (1) Apple needs to let AirPlay stream at higher resolution than 44.1/16. (2) 8Player needs to get tracks in the correct order when it plays from the SD card.

Might try a different app. Might try to get hi-res at home from the Wi-Fi network. Might try a WD My Passport Wireless to get mobile hi-res. But none of those qualify as “must do immediately.”

ETA: setting change in 8Player fixed that problem. Go to Settings -> DLNA -> Sort by and select Track N

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #5,607 of 19,075
This is frustrating! you’ve obviously got in access point mode so you’ll never be able to connect to your network please pm Matt your dealer phone number so that we can help you. We feel you definitely need more help.

I shall do so. It definitely could be user error although I did have the Poly working pre-1.0.10 update. I was hoping to see how things fair with the GoFigure app prior to initiating a help ticket with Chord.

Are you positive you don’t have the “keep in hotspot mode” box checked?

I will double check this once I'm ready to look at Poly again. I know I used the config pin to put Poly in Access Point mode to try to reset Poly with the WiFi stuff. Nonetheless I'll recheck the Poly GUI once we're on speaking terms again.

Jan 7, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #5,609 of 19,075
Jan 7, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #5,610 of 19,075
Just wondering what new product chord will announce at the ces tomorrow.
A lot people is predicting Hugo 2 poly.
Is there any chance that the mojo 2 will announce tomorrow?
Since the mojo has been for a while since release. They released Hugo 2 last year, would it make sense if mojo 2 is coming next? That would benefit the sales of the poly too with mojo 2 release.

I’m currently a happy mojo poly owner, I’m one of the lucky ones without much major problem with poly. If chord releases a mojo 2 , I will be very interested in buying one.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back