Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #4,711 of 19,049
[QUOTE="...I'd like to ask others here who do not live in the US if they have connectivity problems. I am certainly prepared to hear than this is a unique US problem.[/QUOTE]

As stated elsewhere: Poly is used here daily many hours with audirvana/Roon and Airplay via a Fritzbox cablerouter in germany. Mainly stationary and sometimes in my pocket with Headphones around the House. Since Firmware 1.0.6 no connection problems with this usage. Mobile usage with Hotspot and sd-card not used currently, have seen that coverart didn't load, so wait for next update to investigate this usage further.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #4,712 of 19,049
Thanks for the update. I am sure that we are all looking forward to the next couple of firmware updates and the release of GoFigure. I greatly fear, however, that "odd US router problems" is not the whole story. I say this because, as several have reported here, one can use a portable device as a hotspot unconnected to any network or carrier and with only Poly connected, and still suffer from failure to connect and/or dropped connections. The same results can be observed on a network created by an isolated router severing only one client, Poly. I fail to see how these observations can be considered simply "odd US router problems." Nonetheless, I hope you're right that the next firmware release will correct connectivity problems.

I'd like to ask others here who do not live in the US if they have connectivity problems. I am certainly prepared to hear than this is a unique US problem.

Not a US-only problem for sure. My replacement Poly exhibits the same connectivity problems as the first (I’m based in the UK);

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #4,713 of 19,049
Thanks for the update. I am sure that we are all looking forward to the next couple of firmware updates and the release of GoFigure. I greatly fear, however, that "odd US router problems" is not the whole story. I say this because, as several have reported here, one can use a portable device as a hotspot unconnected to any network or carrier and with only Poly connected, and still suffer from failure to connect and/or dropped connections. The same results can be observed on a network created by an isolated router severing only one client, Poly. I fail to see how these observations can be considered simply "odd US router problems." Nonetheless, I hope you're right that the next firmware release will correct connectivity problems.

I'd like to ask others here who do not live in the US if they have connectivity problems. I am certainly prepared to hear than this is a unique US problem.

UK user on a BT Home Hub 6. Poly been streaming for about 4 hours today.
A bit of info on the WLAN environment. 31 devices connect to the Router wirelessly. Only 5 via 5 Ghz. The rest via 2.4 Ghz, Channel 1.

I bought Poly to overcome the pops, stutters, crackles that Android 6 brought to my Mojo experience. It was either poly or a new mobile phone

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #4,714 of 19,049
UK user on a BT Home Hub 6. Poly been streaming for about 4 hours today.
I bought Poly to overcome the pops, stutters, crackles that Android 6 brought to my Mojo experience. It was either poly or a new mobile phone

Same setup: BT Home Hub 6- dropouts when using anything other than Spotify/Tidal AirPlay and MPDLUXE with Poly hotspot.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #4,715 of 19,049
Same setup: BT Home Hub 6- dropouts when using anything other than Spotify/Tidal AirPlay and MPDLUXE with Poly hotspot.

I reboot my Home Hub weekly (otherwise it gets tricky to connect devices like phones and tablets, e.g. devices that regularly connect - disconnect - reconnect)
Other than that, not sure what to suggest.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,716 of 19,049
I was starting to think I was the only person this was the case for! I use android but I stopped buying albums a few years ago to save some money. I just want poly to show up as an available playback device in Tidal, Spotify, etc.
I'm with you on this. Listening to offline files from a streaming service is absolutely the way forward IMO. Not just to save money but to have access to a vast library of music is truly miraculous. I cannot understand why DAP manufactures still seem to regard it as an afterthought.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #4,717 of 19,049
F96C354D-3376-4F9B-AB42-76344B0967A7.jpeg
disagree. i quite enjoy leaving MojoPoly in my pocket and only fiddling with my iPhone while commuting to work on the subway, using Tidal downloaded files. i hated stacking iPhone and Mojo, even with Chord's USB dongle it was cumbersome, plus the rubber bands interfere with your usage of the phone. no thanks.
Old phone, Velcro, Forzaworks cable. Sorted. ! :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #4,720 of 19,049
I'm with you on this. Listening to offline files from a streaming service is absolutely the way forward IMO. Not just to save money but to have access to a vast library of music is truly miraculous. I cannot understand why DAP manufactures still seem to regard it as an afterthought.

That's why I settled on using a Dragonfly Red with my phone of choice. Not quite as good audio quality as a Mojo I had, but not far off and so easy to use. Most DAP's have issues too for offline streaming services. Dragonfly Red also does MQA out of PC Tidal.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #4,721 of 19,049
Dec 11, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #4,723 of 19,049
I have a question for Poly owners. When I use my Mojo with the OTG cable from my iPhone and iPad, the sound is actually noticeably inferior to using an optical cable to the Mojo from my mac. It's flatter and not as smooth and clear. The Mojo from my iPhone doesn't actually do that much to improve the sound but from the mac the Mojo makes a very noticeable difference.

Does anyone feel the same? And if so, do you feel that using the Poly/mojo and streaming airplay to them from the I-device eliminate this issue?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #4,725 of 19,049
Not a US-only problem for sure. My replacement Poly exhibits the same connectivity problems as the first (I’m based in the UK);
I can't get through 2-3 songs without a drop-out over my home wifi here in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back