Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 17, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #3,211 of 6,295
very complicated app, but might sound better than Rigelian. I’m not prepared to say so yet, but it might be better.
Just joined the Neutron forum: https://neutronmp.com/forum/index.php, what I want to find out is why only "Hotspot mode" can work smoothly with Neutron, but not in "Wifi mode". Quite sure it should work, but as you said Neutron is very complicated, just don't know which configuration should be on/off, and even there are some settings need to apply figure, e.g. 20, 30, 500.....

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #3,212 of 6,295
very complicated app, but might sound better than Rigelian. I’m not prepared to say so yet, but it might be better.
Would it be possible that Neutron is not just using as a remote control apps, but files from sd card in 2go transferred to Neutron (ipad mini in my case), then using Neutron processing signal -> back to the Hugo2? So that can be explained why different 3rd party apps would have different listening experience?

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,214 of 6,295
my words exactly!!!

Everything worked great with Wifi and Audirvana / Roon but when i go to the high quality files, network is getting unstable and it just skips or not working well.. and i have a great optic network with high bandwidth.
Any other idea how to overcome this without connecting to LAN? the whole idea is getting rid of cables.

-- My main music source is Tidal and Spotify

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #3,215 of 6,295
Everything worked great with Wifi and Audirvana / Roon but when i go to the high quality files, network is getting unstable and it just skips or not working well.. and i have a great optic network with high bandwidth.
Any other idea how to overcome this without connecting to LAN? the whole idea is getting rid of cables.

-- My main music source is Tidal and Spotify
Wonder if you are on to something here with 2Go struggling with higher res files. My 2Go hasn't had a drop out in several hours now (spread over the last two days) playing 16 bit only.
When my 2Go plays up and loses network connection, I sometimes switch to my Arcam SA30 amp, which has a built in streamer that is also Roon Ready. The streamer on that amp takes anything I throw at it (mostly Roon hi res)and never misses a beat, no network dropouts and obviously it's on the same network as 2Go, it's literally 6 inches apart from 2Go.

Did Chord ever tell us what was in the V1.0.03 fw update? Any info @Matt Bartlett

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #3,216 of 6,295
Wonder if you are on to something here with 2Go struggling with higher res files. My 2Go hasn't had a drop out in several hours now (spread over the last two days) playing 16 bit only.
When my 2Go plays up and loses network connection, I sometimes switch to my Arcam SA30 amp, which has a built in streamer that is also Roon Ready. The streamer on that amp takes anything I throw at it (mostly Roon hi res)and never misses a beat, no network dropouts and obviously it's on the same network as 2Go, it's literally 6 inches apart from 2Go.

Did Chord ever tell us what was in the V1.0.03 fw update? Any info @Matt Bartlett

Yes, it looks like it has problems playing high quality files over network. Too bad but so many issues with it makes it not fun. Returning mine to the store (i hope i sill can) and will wait for the next 2Go version to come out.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #3,217 of 6,295
Yes, it looks like it has problems playing high quality files over network. Too bad but so many issues with it makes it not fun. Returning mine to the store (i hope i sill can) and will wait for the next 2Go version to come out.

Hm not seeing such issues. I only go up to 192khz 24 bit.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #3,219 of 6,295
What do you use to play back? Roon? Audirvana? Something else?

Roon (Qobuz Studio)+local hires files
MConnect Pro (Qobuz Studio)+local hires files

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,220 of 6,295
Would it be possible that Neutron is not just using as a remote control apps, but files from sd card in 2go transferred to Neutron (ipad mini in my case), then using Neutron processing signal -> back to the Hugo2? So that can be explained why different 3rd party apps would have different listening experience?

I’m not sure. You might be right. It definitely sounds different. It’s also possible that it is just louder.

I’m also having trouble playing dsd files using neutron, and I get the same hissing as you get. I emailed the developer, and he (immediate reply - nice) said to try DoP rather than native dsd. I might try to play around with neutron this weekend.

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #3,221 of 6,295
In a pure act of personal irony, since the last firmware update, my H2Go started to have Roon drops for the very first time in weeks. Granted, I had it in a room that I had not spent hours and hours with it before.

I took that opportunity to upgrade to 1.03, and even then, it did the same thing for a short time and required another reboot.

Will play with it some more this weekend and see if I can recreate it, especially with the new new firmware.

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,222 of 6,295
In a pure act of personal irony, since the last firmware update, my H2Go started to have Roon drops for the very first time in weeks. Granted, I had it in a room that I had not spent hours and hours with it before.

I took that opportunity to upgrade to 1.03, and even then, it did the same thing for a short time and required another reboot.

Will play with it some more this weekend and see if I can recreate it, especially with the new new firmware.

Try restarting your router. I had some short-lived issues after the upgrade that went away with a router reboot.

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #3,224 of 6,295
SQ is off the charts... best DAP on earth by a big margin... zero issues with mconnect when out walking for tidal and qobuz.

I am now cracking the code on the roon issues..... it seems as long as you UPSAMPLE NO HIGHER THAN 96KHZ it will not skip... any higher and it will ( i went through every sample rate)... need to trouble shoot this further...

the auto switching between sources is wonderful...... its getting there.

due to greater compute on 2GO VS POLY there is indeed an op to fix issues.

somewhat stable at 192... once i go above that skipping starts in a few seconds
I am aware of how good the chord DAC's sound and what terrific products they are as I own the dave, blu2, hugo2 and mojo...I am speaking of the aggravation involved with the 2go....my desire initially was to get the 2go to use the 2 SD slots to listen to my music on the go....first I heard you could only see 1 card at a time then all of the horror stories of connectivity etc....I also had thought I would be able to use the 2 cards with roon but apparently that doesnt happen...I will likely eventually come back to the prodict when it is flawless in terms of operation...in the meantime I will continue to use my ak120 with my hugo 2 via optical cable

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,225 of 6,295
So this new firmware broke my 2GO. It wouldn't connect via the GoFigure app, nor was it able to play over DLNA and Airplay.

Luckily forcing a factory reset using the buttons on the 2GO managed to get the 2GO detected again by the GoFigure app and then I was able to setup everything as new again.

I find it quite surprising how a simple firmware update can break a device.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back