Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 13, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #3,047 of 6,298
Yes

Qobuz and Tidal. You enter the login details in the Go Figure app.

@Matt Bartlett - Chord really should have made a companion app for the 2go to play music and use the Qobuz and Tidal facility. Relying on 3rd party apps that are flaky and badly designed was not a good idea.
Chord is terrible at SW and outsourced.... not building this capability in-house in 2020 is inexcusable.... chord is a weird company.... so much strength and weakness... a shame.

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #3,048 of 6,298
Yes

@Matt Bartlett - Chord really should have made a companion app for the 2go to play music and use the Qobuz and Tidal facility. Relying on 3rd party apps that are flaky and badly designed was not a good idea.
Have you read 'HOW DO I CONNECT TO AND PLAYBACK TIDAL AND QOBUZ CONTENT USING GOFIGURE?'
or
'I WANT TO STREAM MUSIC FROM TIDAL OR QOBUZ ON MY ANDROID DEVICE TO POLY, HOW CAN I DO THIS?'
from this FAQ?
The 2Go FAQ is a WIP, but GoFigure is common to both streamers.

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,049 of 6,298
Yes

Ok feedback on a playback app noted but we did have lots of reasons for not doing that which I won't go into here. Anyway back to your original posts which I am only just reading through now I believe you are asking if there is any way to play offline content from Tidal or Qobuz other than using Airplay. The simple answer is no. Neither Tidal or Qobuz allow you to stream offline content via anything other than Airplay as you have to use their apps - it is part of their licensing conditions. Qobuz are working on DLNA connectivity but that is not available yet. If you want to stream offline content that is higher resolution than 16 bit 44KHz then it will play but get downsampled.
The Gofigure app works in the same way as M Connect or Roon. It needs an active internet connection to connect to the Tidal or Qobuz server so it can stream content whether it is offline or not. At the moment there is no other way of doing this.
I know that isn't the answer you wanted but at least it gives you a clearer picture of what is possible.

Jul 13, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #3,050 of 6,298
My connection problems have actually got worse since the upgrade.
Has anybody who had connection problems before the upgrade found the issue to be resolved after the upgrade?
In post 2981 @Matt Bartlett said " We are working very hard behind the scenes to investigate the pops and clicks issue", so in post 2982 I asked if there were any plans to address the network dropouts. As expected there was no reply. The network dropouts have become the (white) elephant in the room of the 2Go, the topic Chord know is a major flaw in this product and want us all to just roll over and be tummy tickled on, in the hope we will just give up on a resolution and be happy to get an albums worth of play before having to recycle the power on H2Go to get a fresh connection. The lack of acknowledgement from Chord on this issue post upgrade is rude and arrogant. So please Matt, acknowledge there is an issue and that may suffice for just now at least.

Edit - should have added. Since day one network dropouts only occur for me while I am charging and playing H2Go simultaneously,no problems when playing without charger connected, hence I know it is not a problem with my network.
Hi @gryffe I'm not ignoring your post I just missed it. I try to fit Head-Fi in around everything else I have to do and so it means I can't always keep on top of all of the posts. We are of course also taking note of customers who are experiencing network dropouts and investigating. We need you all to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk though so we can gather all the information together. Your case of getting dropouts when the charger is plugged in is something I haven't heard of elsewhere so we need to get in touch and ask you some questions.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3,051 of 6,298
My connection problems have actually got worse since the upgrade.
Has anybody who had connection problems before the upgrade found the issue to be resolved after the upgrade?
In post 2981 @Matt Bartlett said " We are working very hard behind the scenes to investigate the pops and clicks issue", so in post 2982 I asked if there were any plans to address the network dropouts. As expected there was no reply. The network dropouts have become the (white) elephant in the room of the 2Go, the topic Chord know is a major flaw in this product and want us all to just roll over and be tummy tickled on, in the hope we will just give up on a resolution and be happy to get an albums worth of play before having to recycle the power on H2Go to get a fresh connection. The lack of acknowledgement from Chord on this issue post upgrade is rude and arrogant. So please Matt, acknowledge there is an issue and that may suffice for just now at least.

Edit - should have added. Since day one network dropouts only occur for me while I am charging and playing H2Go simultaneously,no problems when playing without charger connected, hence I know it is not a problem with my network.
edit as just seen above reply

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #3,052 of 6,298
Hi @gryffe I'm not ignoring your post I just missed it. I try to fit Head-Fi in around everything else I have to do and so it means I can't always keep on top of all of the posts. We are of course also taking note of customers who are experiencing network dropouts and investigating. We need you all to email suport@chordelectronics.co.uk though so we can gather all the information together. Your case of getting dropouts when the charger is plugged in is something I haven't heard of elsewhere so we need to get in touch and ask you some questions.
Thanks for reply Matt. I emailed support a few months ago about this and was getting nowhere. Was hopeful the upgrade would fix it but sadly not. I'll email again

Jul 13, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #3,053 of 6,298
Guys just needs your advise or summary since i could not find it in this huge thread - is adding the 2Go to my Hugo2 if i use it mainly in the office with a connected laptop (USB), what kind of differences will it make?

Thanks!

Jul 13, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #3,059 of 6,298
With all these problems should I just cancel my order? A device that is being marketed for the sole purpose of streaming music has so many problems and not turn key easy to use that it should have been beta tested before distribution and sales. CHORD should have worked more closely with Quboz and Tidal for comparable IOS software apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back