Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 10, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #2,971 of 6,311
If you take your unit here in my home, it will show the same problems as it is all software issues. A lot of airline companies also reported no problems with the Boeing 777 also until ....

If there was anything wrong with my Network, my Samsung 4K TV would not perform flawlessly for years (I use it as a DLNA / Airplay 2 streamer for the Chord Dave even). Even my cheap Bose smart speakers in my bedroom performs without any single issue over DLNA / Airplay 2.

Can we not agree to disagree? I am not making any questionable claims about you or, indeed, your equipment. You seem to be forgetting about the fact that there are a whole host of variables that affect performance.

Similarly, I have had 0 issues with Wi-Fi connectivity or the ability of 2Go to stay connected to my network at all times. I have not had a single dropout so far.
Others are, however, reporting connectivity issues- should I take this as proof that my unit has the same problem? That's just flawed logic right there.

EDIT: @ubs28 you are also more than welcome to come listen to my 2Go at my flat- would be very interesting to compare and contrast

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #2,972 of 6,311
I think you are missing the point. The 2Go should work with any network, not just your special network.

If you had taking your 2GO with V0.91 on my network, you see the same problems because V1.00 has fixed a few things. So it is all software and not some magical unicorn 2GO that we need to have.

Jul 10, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #2,973 of 6,311
No one is disputing that. I have been lucky that the 2Go seems to get along well with my upgraded router. I haven't argued that no one can be experiencing problems as my experience has been great from the start.

Clearly Chord Electronics has got some ground to cover still. However, I am just glad that 2Go is as good as it is, knowing what an utter disappointment Poly was at this stage of the product lifecycle.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #2,974 of 6,311
Which IOS app are people using to use the built in Tidal/Qobuz facility?

8player does not work - something about "DMR", whch, I gather from an earlier post by Matt Bartlett, is due to 8player not having the correct license.
Rigelian does not have this facility.
MConnect is flaky and doesn't see my 2go for anything (no DLNA, MPD....)

Any others?

If an app exists to do the above, I'd rather not use the IOS Tidal and Qobuz apps as the only way they'll play to the 2Go is via airplay

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #2,975 of 6,311
If you take your unit here in my home, it will show the same problems as it is all software issues. In that case, that would imply that one or more of your other network or system settings, conflicts with the 2Go.

A lot of airline companies also reported no problems with the Boeing 777 also until .... Do you mean the 777 or 737max?

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #2,978 of 6,311
Network recommendation:
1. Any network brand is better than others?
2. Is 3 antenna better than 2 antenna? Or 4?
3. How about transmission power, stronger the better?
4. IEEE standard, which is better, 802.11a,c, b, g, n?
5. Need open "MU-MIMO" function?
6. Where is the best position to put the wireless router?

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #2,979 of 6,311
Network recommendation:
6. Where is the best position to put the wireless router?
The signal strength will always be greatest if you can position the router to allow 'line of sight' wireless communication.

Unfortunately that is not always practical, so it is then necessary to consider the owners residence - wireless will easily pass through the walls of timber framed buildings, but will struggle more through buildings with reinforced concrete walls/floors.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,980 of 6,311
It would be super interesting to know if other H2Gos have the same issue on your network...that could answer a lot.

I also think it's interesting that some are having issues when using SD cards while others are not. I would think that has nothing to do with the network, but who knows obviously. There could also be multiple causes for pops and clicks.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2,981 of 6,311
We are working very hard behind the scenes to investigate the pops and clicks issue. The problem we heard and measured was fixed by the V1.0.0 firmware update so it is not the same thing.
The trouble is that there seems to be no consistency or particular method that we can see from the reports that would indicate how these pops and clicks are being generated. The fact
that it only seems to affect a small number of people is also frustrating for them as well as us as it doesn't give much to work with. We are on it though and doing all we can.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #2,982 of 6,311
We are working very hard behind the scenes to investigate the pops and clicks issue. The problem we heard and measured was fixed by the V1.0.0 firmware update so it is not the same thing.
The trouble is that there seems to be no consistency or particular method that we can see from the reports that would indicate how these pops and clicks are being generated. The fact
that it only seems to affect a small number of people is also frustrating for them as well as us as it doesn't give much to work with. We are on it though and doing all we can.
And what about the network dropouts @Matt Bartlett?

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #2,983 of 6,311
Have all the posters on this thread, who are still experiencing the pops and clicks, already emailed support@chordelectronics.co.uk with their details?
If their are any owners who have not, please email Chord, because it will give them more context/data to work with, and may just possibly help Chord to identify the root cause of the issue.
:relaxed:

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #2,984 of 6,311
Which IOS app are people using to use the built in Tidal/Qobuz facility?

8player does not work - something about "DMR", whch, I gather from an earlier post by Matt Bartlett, is due to 8player not having the correct license.
Rigelian does not have this facility.
MConnect is flaky and doesn't see my 2go for anything (no DLNA, MPD....)

Any others?

If an app exists to do the above, I'd rather not use the IOS Tidal and Qobuz apps as the only way they'll play to the 2Go is via airplay

Hi does anyone have an answer to this question specifically for ios users, apologies if its mentioned further back in the thread but i cant see it. thanks :)

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #2,985 of 6,311
It would be super interesting to know if other H2Gos have the same issue on your network...that could answer a lot.

I also think it's interesting that some are having issues when using SD cards while others are not. I would think that has nothing to do with the network, but who knows obviously. There could also be multiple causes for pops and clicks.
I think even when using sd cards that the audio data stream is sent to your control device from the 2go *over the network* and then it is sent back to the 2go which then transfers it to the hugo 2 for playback. If this were not the case then your control device would never be able to alter the volume level because this requires manipulation (truncation) of the audio data stream.

Control devices obviously can alter the volume level so therefore the WiFi must be involved even when sd cards are being used.

So if VPaCs are network-related then playback using sd cards will not be immune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back