Choose between HE560 and T1 2nd gen
Jul 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

s82223

Head-Fier
Hello,everyone.

I am looking for a "end game" headphone recently.

Both of HE560 and T1.2 are within my budget($1000) and reviews on forum are mostly positive.

I already went to local dealer auditing the T1.2 which I really like,but I still have no chance to catch a glimpse of HE560.

Some info about intended usage:
- listen to 80% JPOP(female artist) 10%POP(like Jason Mraz , Ed Sheeran) 10%movie or game soundtrack
- mids is what I really care about. Not need to be very close but definitely can't be recess.
- I am not a bass head , but I prefer the deep bass.

I have read a lot of reviews, but I cannot make up my mind. Which one should I get?

Thanks

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 12
Hi, welcome to Head-Fi;

just a note to remind you that there are also some secondhand classifieds, here on Head-fi, which might bring the cost down for you:

http://www.head-fi.org/f/6550/headphones-for-sale-trade

All the best.

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 12
I own the T1 and I do have to say the HE560 performs closely and admirably. But the T1 is built very nicely, especially the original one that came with the ridiculously nice metal display case and real leather. It is very comfortable too, more so than the clunky looking He560. Perhaps this can tempt you to the dark side :D !

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 12
I own the T1 and I do have to say the HE560 performs closely and admirably. But the T1 is built very nicely, especially the original one that came with the ridiculously nice metal display case and real leather. It is very comfortable too, more so than the clunky looking He560. Perhaps this can tempt you to the dark side
biggrin.gif
!

So you think T1 and HE560 are nearly in the same level ?

I saw some reviews said that HE560 lacks of detail in comparison with other flagship,what do you think?

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 12
So you think T1 and HE560 are nearly in the same level ?

I saw some reviews said that HE560 lacks of detail in comparison with other flagship,what do you think?

The HE560 and T1 have some of the same sig running through their blood. Detail retrieval, spatial rendering and general clarity being rheir greatest strengths. I have auditioned the HE560, but it's been a while, so take this with a slight pinch of salt. The HE560 was technically competent but somewhat dry. Wouldn't say sterile but it was getting there. The T1 has some of the best treble performances out there, and while it has been known to be a bit bright, I would take a moment to consider the serial number and or gen number. Theres something about the T1's ability to render crazy panning images that is awesome. The bass is tight and also more engaging than that of the 560. Overall it is slightly eccentric but eternally entertaining. I really like it. Along with its partner in crime, the TH900.

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 12
Your listed genres consists mostly of compressed material which makes T1.2 and HE-560 less than ideal. On top of that you mention that you value great mids which is another thing those two headphones doesn't do well. What gear are you gonna pair the headphone with?

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #9 of 12
Saw lots of review mentioned that LCD2/3 are very good at vocal , but the weight is a big problem.(500g headphone , REALLY HEAVY!!)

Seems that there is no other choice in terms of great mids?

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #10 of 12
Just went to local dealer to audited both T1 2nd and HE560 yesterday.

The vocal of he560 is absolutely amazing ,IMO better than T1 2nd.(he560 is warmer and with more emotion)

But the resolution and imaging of T1 is slightly better than he560 (the imaging of HE560 is like a 2D plane while T1's like a 3D space)

The imaging problem of HE560 really keep me from pulling the trigger,I am not sure whether the amp can drive the HE560 well(amp:schiit ragnarok ).

Hope it's solvable, or I might go with t1 2nd

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #11 of 12
Just went to local dealer to audited both T1 2nd and HE560 yesterday.

The vocal of he560 is absolutely amazing ,IMO better than T1 2nd.(he560 is warmer and with more emotion)

But the resolution and imaging of T1 is slightly better than he560 (the imaging of HE560 is like a 2D plane while T1's like a 3D space)

The imaging problem of HE560 really keep me from pulling the trigger,I am not sure whether the amp can drive the HE560 well(amp:schiit ragnarok ).

Hope it's solvable, or I might go with t1 2nd

I'm fairly certain the Ragnarok should be able to drive the HE560, but I am not sure about the synergy.  Maybe someone else could contribute (or maybe on the Ragnarok thread).  The T1 G2 vocals aren't as nice as the original T1's due to the retuning, which is why it isn't as competitive with the 560 as before.  I feel like an amp could solve the 560's imaging issues, but it would be safer to find the right cans to start.  Just my 2c.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 12
I thought T1G2's vocal was better than 1st gen,never heard T1G1 though.

Maybe I have to bring my DIY dynahi to pair with both can to make decision.

Thanks for your opinion!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back